PU Teambuilding Shop - Request teams here!

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD

Luxray @ Burn Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade/Protect
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Time fo me to be smart. Luxray is one of my favorite Pokemon in PU, sporting both guts and intimidate, and have PURE Electric typing, it can be a monster, although it has a lacking physical movepool what it has is very powerful, I've tried building with it with no luck, so now Im Going to hope you guys can be amazing and find a way to build around it, but remember this, you can change the set, but not the item and the ability, since Guts brings it to it's true potential!

If it's stupid, just say.

Luxray @ Burn Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade/Protect
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Time fo me to be smart. Luxray is one of my favorite Pokemon in PU, sporting both guts and intimidate, and have PURE Electric typing, it can be a monster, although it has a lacking physical movepool what it has is very powerful, I've tried building with it with no luck, so now Im Going to hope you guys can be amazing and find a way to build around it, but remember this, you can change the set, but not the item and the ability, since Guts brings it to it's true potential!

If it's stupid, just say.
Id recommend intimidate as its used in conjunction with Choice Band better.

Im probably gonna get into PU soon but idk the meta so why not come here for a team :o. I'd like a team around Gogoat b/c its my favourite mon and i definitely more viable in PU than in NU. Also i know i've seen some weather teams with gogoat but if you can, try not to make it weather. Thanks!

the nu version of this thread is better

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh. I assumed nobody built because it's a CB klang coming from me. if Anty built I'll just take that but I havent seen any team

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
wow Megazard Z smh
This funner/better to build around than a lot of other noms tho so here:

Klang @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Volt Switch

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick
- Iron Tail

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Fraxure + klang work together well as klang weakens bulky pokes like poliwrath and piloswine which may annoy fraxure, while also baiting in pokes like probopass that fraxure sets up on. Poliwrath tanks knock offs while also providing priority and checking half the metagame. Zebstrika was then chosen for its speed while also making a volturn core with klang and scarf simipour was added after for more speed, revenge killing pokes like rp torterra and ss babaracle which would be annoying. Clefairy was added at the end as a rocker which can deal with offensive water types and providing some solid sdef, and twave is used as klang likes pokes slown down. Tspikes are annoying to this team so a lot of the time with clef it is best to double to klang or w/e to force rose out and gain momentum.

Note for others; sorry for the delay but other teams are WIP (also galbia update op pls c:)

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow Megazard Z smh

Klang @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Volt Switch

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Rivalry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick
- Iron Tail

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Fraxure + klang work together well as klang weakens bulky pokes like poliwrath and piloswine which may annoy fraxure, while also baiting in pokes like probopass that fraxure sets up on. Poliwrath tanks knock offs while also providing priority and checking half the metagame. Zebstrika was then chosen for its speed while also making a volturn core with klang and scarf simipour was added after for more speed, revenge killing pokes like rp torterra and ss babaracle which would be annoying. Clefairy was added at the end as a rocker which can deal with offensive water types and providing some solid sdef, and twave is used as klang likes pokes slown down. Tspikes are annoying to this team so a lot of the time with clef it is best to double to klang or w/e to force rose out and gain momentum.

Note for others; sorry for the delay but other teams are WIP (also galbia update op pls c:)
O thanks I assumed nobody had built it. Got a lot of my favorite mons there, although I think I'll pass on running rivalry on fraxure

wow Megazard Z smh

Klang @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Volt Switch

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick
- Iron Tail

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

I Like it Anty. Looks like a more off version of my Klang sqaud. Clefairy<3

Can-Eh-Dian

Gogoat is actually a really underrated mon, so I was happy to build a team around it. The spread is explained here but I opted for Substitute over Milk Drink as I find it helpful in so many more situations. Looking at what Gogoat was weak to, Jumpluff and Leafeon caught my attention and I knew Sap Sipper Zebstrika would be helpful. It also helps take on some of the Flying-types Gogoat struggles to beat (Dodrio). Piloswine fit well as a Stealth Rocker since it took on hits from threats such as Rotom-F and Rapidash. Poliwrath is a great glue overall that helps with the common Shell Smashers (Carracosta and Barbaracle). Ninetales works well alongside Gogoat as Gogoat struggles to take on some bulky Grass-types such as Tangela and Gourgeist-XL and doing decent damage to other bulky Fire-types with HP Ground. Grumpig was put in the last slot to check Ninetales and Poliwrath while crippling fast threats, allowing Gogoat to sweep. Enjoy :]

Gogoat @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 48 Atk / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

p.s. my name isn't in the OP galbia :p

WakafLUKEaflame here it is :]

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough / Superpower
- Swords Dance

Relicanth @ Damp Rock
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Synchronoise
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Volbeat (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Rain is pretty standard. You want to hit hard and set up rain as much as possible. Ill quickly exlain the jobs of each pokemon. Relicanth is a lead that sets up Stealth Rocks and Rain pretty effectively. Volbeat is a standard setter that is used on nearly all Sun and Rain teams. Beartic and Golduck are the main Rain abusers and make the team as threatening as it is. The Beartic set you requested I changed to play rough to lure Poliwrath well and ohko it with +2 Play Rough. You can also run Superpower to OHKO Probopass. Golduck is a strong special wallbreaker with Synchronoise to have a chance to OHKO Poliwrath after rocks to alleviate some of the pressure on Beartic especially with Rocks up. Roselia is a nice pokemon on rain because Rain really appreciates a nice grass type and Roselia can set up spikes to guarantee kills to maximize rain turns. Raichu can use either Thunder or Thunderbolt if you wanted the safer option and can be a good cleaner to use without the Rain set up.

Started by me. Finished with Dundies.

I hope you like it :]

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi The Shadow Ho-Oh, sorry it has been a while but here is the BD wrath team:

Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Return

Jumpluff
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
- Memento

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Iron Tail
- Play Rough

Jumpluff was an obvious parter for belly drum poliwrath, as it primarily provides memento support which is crucial in letting wrath sweep, while also checking bulky grass types and weakening physical walls in general. Uturn was chosen over sleep powder as tangela has sleep powder and it creates a volturn core with zebstrika. Probopass was the next team mate as the team needed hazard support (allowing wrath to get KOs on pokes like pelipper), while also checking flying types like dodrio which gave the other moves problems, along with most special attackers. Zebstrika gives this team some speed, being able to revenge kill almost the entire unboosted metagame while providing the team with a better check to electric types (which tangela also does). After that, the team physical bulk + barbaracle and fraxure check, so i went with tangela. Hidden Power Ice lets tangela wear down opposing bulky grass types for poliwrath while also hitting fraxure, and sleep powder is important in helping it cripple in coming fire types. Lastly, this team needed priority and another sweeper in case poliwrath doesnt work, which mightyena would be an excellent choice, as it is great at picking off choice scarf users like raichu and simipour and is an overall solid cleaner. Overall, a volturn team works very well in this team as not only does it weaken the opposing team for the sweepers, it also lets them come in safely to set up.

galbia update the op imo

@boxedoccaberries hf
no sprites because lazy but this team works with lux breaking electric resists alogn with klang so that raichu wins
Luxray @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Roost

Klang @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Volt Switch
- Return
- Wild Charge

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Raichu @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblasr
- Thunder Wave / Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Everyone knows about the Cosmic Power Stored Power Sigilyph gimmick being a little overrated, but I really want to try it out with Clefairy, but instead of Cosmic Power, I switched it to Calm Mind. PU is my favorite tier and I'm pretty familiar with it too. The concept is to set up on a very physical mon and then sweep from there. But I realized that Grumpig is a huge problem with it's massive special bulk and Whirlwind too. What I imagine is a special wall on the team to take care of Clefairy's missing Sp.Def and wallbreakers (maybe Mightyena) to take care of bulky Sp.Def mons. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Everyone knows about the Cosmic Power Stored Power Sigilyph gimmick being a little overrated, but I really want to try it out with Clefairy. PU is my favorite tier and I'm pretty familiar with it too. The concept is to set up on a very physical mon and then sweep from there. But I realized that Grumpig is a huge problem with it's massive special bulk and Whirlwind too. What I imagine is a special wall on the team to take care of Clefairy's missing Sp.Def and wallbreakers (maybe Mightyena) to take care of bulky Sp.Def mons. Thanks :)
This set is not viable in the slightest. If you want someone can build a team based on Calm Mind Clefairy or something

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Requesting a Pawniard HO squad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)