PU Teambuilding Shop - Request teams here!

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Here one

And

Lady GaGa (Swanna) (F)
Ability: Keen Eye
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost

Esdeath (Articuno)
Ability: Pressure
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- U-turn

A really cool bird spam core both weaken each other checks/counter. Swanna can't hit bulky waters so Articuno can freeze-dry them and provide momentum. Swanna can provide the Hazard removel support which is really good for this core.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
DKFirelord I could see that core have trouble with mons like togetic and/or licki who can sponge up the hits from both of the pokemon. You could try using a Jumpluff or Dodrio > Articuno which can serve the same purpose of killing bulky waters and can deal more damage to bulky special walls.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
DKFirelord I could see that core have trouble with mons like togetic and/or licki who can sponge up the hits from both of the pokemon. You could try using a Jumpluff or Dodrio > Articuno which can serve the same purpose of killing bulky waters and can deal more damage to bulky special walls.
Yeah put if I hve probleams with those mon you mention I have 4 more slots to fill and Articuno is better to me for this core then dodrio since it helps Swanna get past bulky waters

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
365pokemon

HO really isn't an easy style to play with but it's pretty fun imo. This team has two main win conditions that excel vs offensive teams, being the Linoone you requested and SubSalac Simipour. The teammates mainly aim to beat their counters. Pursuit Pawniard works very well to wear down Ghost-types for Linoone; since this is a fast Linoone, Missy only needs to be weakened to be beaten and not outright KOed. Pawniard also helps to weaken bulky Water-types that could stop Simipour, as well as mons such as Probopass for Linoone. Jumpluff provides a check to Water-types and something to switch into Grass-types that carry Sleep Powder. It can run Memento to aid in setup or Seed Bomb if you're afraid of Costa, which is actually a big threat to the team otherwise. Scarf Haunter provides a good revenge killer, along with a fast Destiny Bond to pick off a huge threat or Trick to screw over walls and lend teammates chances to set up. Finally Solrock is a reliable dual screens setter.

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Solrock @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Memento / Seed Bomb

Simipour @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

GasQuake

I'll get to the Articuno + Swanna request separately since I built this team before seeing that nom :)

Articuno and Torterra form a very solid breaking core as Articuno gains easy switches into the Grass-types that beat Torterra, while U-turning out of Rocks and Steels for free Torterra turns. Mr. Mime and Zebstrika form other parts of the VoltTurn core and are very effective lategame sweepers to take advantage of Cuno and Torterra's wallbreaking. Mr. Mime also has Healing Wish which is always a good thing. Pawniard provides a check to offensive Ghost-types and some Psychic-types to ease the pressure off Articuno a little. Finally Prinplup adds SR to the team as well as being hands down the most reliable Defog user in the tier, which is quite important as this team a) has Articuno and b) likes to switch a lot.

Articuno @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic

Torterra @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Baton Pass

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Last edited:
Hiya Guys.
Can you make a team around the monster aka Guts SD Ursaring, apart from Carbink, which takes 80% from +2 superpower, the tier quite literally has 0 switch ins, and would be interesting to see how a Mon with lacklustre speed but incredible attacking stats fair in PU meta

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Facade
-Close Combat
-Crunch

^has potential, but requires a lot of team support to get the free switches it needs to win the game.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unfezant. The bird, the myth, the legend. Unfezant has a surprisingly wopping 115 attack paired with a solid 93 speed stat even though it doesn't have solid flying stab. It also has U-turn which allows it to have a niche over Dodrio which has to rely on baton pass.

Unfezant @ Choice Band
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Return
- U-turn
- Night Slash

Reactions: MZ

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Steel wing>facade because golem
Unfezant. The bird, the myth, the legend. Unfezant has a surprisingly wopping 115 attack paired with a solid 93 speed stat even though it doesn't have solid flying stab. It also has U-turn which allows it to have a niche over Dodrio which has to rely on baton pass.

Unfezant @ Choice Band
Ability: Super Luck
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Return
- U-turn
- Night Slash

also scorpdestroyer imo put sludge wave on haunter just to ensure the kill on jumpluff, that shit is annoying af and if pawniard is asleep does a number to the team. also it prevents quilladin from coming in and spiking if you're locked into sludge bomb

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, small nitpick - that Linoone needs Gluttony instead of Pickup just in case people are importing directly from here to Showdown and don't notice that themselves.
Why does it need Gluttony?
also scorpdestroyer imo put sludge wave on haunter just to ensure the kill on jumpluff, that shit is annoying af and if pawniard is asleep does a number to the team. also it prevents quilladin from coming in and spiking if you're locked into sludge bomb
ok

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Why does it need Gluttony?
LOL I totally goofed. Saw a berry and immediately thought it was 25% activation as I was skimming through. :[ Nevermind that though, sweet team! :]

Nominating something that I think has a lot of potential, especially now that Sneasel has left the tier:

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naughty Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Rather than making a sun team, I wanted to see what you guys would do with a mixed, non-sun Victreebel. I've made a team myself with this and have had a lot of success with it (team is below), but I wanted to see a secondary take on it. Using this over other Grass mons like Roselia can be advantageous, especially considering how many faster, frailer Pokemon Sucker Punch with LO can pick off after some prior damage (e.g. Zebstrika, Raichu, Simipour, Ninjask, etc.). Simultaneously, it's also a grounded Poison type which allows you to soak up Toxic Spikes (Sucker + that are some reasons to possibly use it over Jumpluff). The idea is to use Sleep Powder early to mid game in order to incapacitate slower walls, which would then theoretically pave the way for a sweeper of your choosing (depending on which wall has been put to sleep) to setup and sweep.

252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 136-161 (47.3 - 56%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninjask: 200-237 (76 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Simipour: 156-185 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 174-205 (66.6 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumpluff: 144-170 (49.4 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 156-185 (53.6 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Floatzel: 174-205 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Chatot: 199-235 (67.9 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Victreebel Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rapidash: 143-169 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
etc.
As you can see, Victreebel's partners only need to wear these faster, offensive mons down a little bit. With Spikes, Stealth Rock and the possibility of LO recoil, Victreebel's LO Sucker Punch has the potential to score a lot of KOs.

Here's what I built on my own:

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick
- Earthquake

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naughty Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

This team seeks to help Ninetales setup with Nasty Plot for a sweep in a number of ways. Poliwrath's Encore, Dusknoir's Trick, Rotom-F's Trick and Victreebel's Sleep Powder can all incapacitate walls that would normally keep Ninetales from sweeping. Ninetales is also using Dark Pulse over Psyshock here to limit Grumpig's ability to switch in, as Grumpig is 2HKO'd by +2 LO Dark Pulse. Similarly, Grumpig is also dispatched with Banded Noir's Shadow Sneak. Lickilicky is another wall that this team seeks to remove via Poliwrath, Victreebel's Sleep Powder, or a ChoiceTrick from Rotom-F / Dusknoir (Dusknoir outspeeds standard Lickilicky by a couple of points with its 64 Speed EVs). Probopass is handled by Golem's EQ, Dusknoir's EQ, Victreebel's Sleep Powder, and Poliwrath. Zweilous is more difficult, but can be worked around with Poliwrath's Focus Punch, Rotom-F's Blizzard, and Victreebel's Sleep Powder.

I wanted this team to have minimal setup with multiple priority users and high offensive presence, so standard WP Golem fit nicely. Additionally, you'll notice that hazard removal against this team is very difficult, which means Stealth Rock has a high chance to be up for most of the match if Golem is successful in laying SR; for example, Armaldo can't spin on Dusknoir, and so it has to Knock Off as you switch into Poliwrath (who can Encore Armaldo into a Knock Off to avoid being hit by Rapid Spin or Substitute as Armaldo switches out). Avalugg has a hard time spinning and gets Tricked a Choice Band by Dusknoir if it stays in. Pelipper is beaten by Rotom-F and Tpunch Dusknoir, and sometimes Golem if Pelipper isn't running 190 speed. Similarly, Togetic is either put to sleep or hit by a Sludge Bomb, hit by Golem's Rock Blast or KO'd by Rotom-F. This means that Victreebel has a greater chance of KOing all the faster threats listed above with LO Sucker Punch thanks to Stealth Rock being kept up by Victreebel's teammates.

With Golem and Ninetales luring Water type hits, Poliwrath's Encore became even more useful, as there are really 4 Water types in PU who are frequently used and slower than 64 Spe Poliwrath: Defensive Carracosta, Pelipper, Prinplup and other Poliwrath running 56 speed EVs. After Poliwrath has switched in with its Water Absorb, it can Encore the hit and heal for yet another 25% assuming one of these mons stay in to Defog, Stealth Rock, Focus Blast (etc.) on Poliwrath. But, Poliwrath can still run Ice Punch for Jumpluff switch-ins if Encore isn't your thing on Subpunch Poli.

Last edited:
Requesting HA Aurorus

Aurorus @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Blizzard
-Earth Power
-Freeze Dry

With the release of Snow Warning, Aurorus gains a niche in becoming the only viable Hail setter in PU, allowing it to chip away at opposing foes and dish out 100% accurate Blizzards. While being great offensively, it doesn't have the best defensive typing by any means and as such I'm hoping someone here can provide me with a team that allows this awesome mon to perform at its best.

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Let's get this thread going again imo. It's a great resource (arguably the best resource on the forums right now) for teaching newer players team building and the meta in general.

Need teams with unfezant / mixed sucker punch victreebel / hail Aurorus so far. I have a few of these on made teams already and can post to keep it going?

Finally got around to your request DKFirelord and built this team at 3 AM:

Swanna (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost

Articuno @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- U-turn

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- U-turn

I decided that tank Torterra would be a good partner to start off with, as it really helped with the core's trouble against Rock-types, Electric-types, and Pawniard. I then added Rapidash as a much-needed Ninetales check, as well as scarf Raichu to be able to revenge kill Barbaracle and Rain Dance Poliwrath, as well as give a Volt-turn partner to Articuno. Finally, I went with U-turn Jumpluff to fit with the Volt-turn theme this was headed towards and give a check to Carracosta. It also gives a way to stop lead SR setters from getting SR up with Sleep Powder which is pretty nice too.

Requesting HA Aurorus

Aurorus @ Icy Rock
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Blizzard
-Earth Power
-Freeze Dry

With the release of Snow Warning, Aurorus gains a niche in becoming the only viable Hail setter in PU, allowing it to chip away at opposing foes and dish out 100% accurate Blizzards. While being great offensively, it doesn't have the best defensive typing by any means and as such I'm hoping someone here can provide me with a team that allows this awesome mon to perform at its best.
PS: I didn't use Icy Rock since I think basing a whole team around Hail is unreliable and a waste
Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Freeze Dry

Rotom-Frost @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
Focus Sash Aurorus is particularly effective to beat Pokemon such as Dwebble and Golem by destroying their Sturdy. Aurorus with Focus Sash is also able to do consisting damage to a lot of PU Pokemon in addition to destroying Tank Torterra.
Rotom-F was added since it likes using Blizzard and paired with Zebstrika to take advantage of Expert Belt in order to overload Electric-type checks.
Grumpig + Poliwrath is really solid and was added as a blanket check to most PU pokemon and it does that wonderfully. Grumpig also spread Paralysis for Aurorus and Rotom-F. Pawniard was added to force out bulky Psychic-types and Lickilicky

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Finally got around to your request DKFirelord and built this team at 3 AM:

Swanna (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost

Articuno @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- U-turn

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- U-turn

I decided that tank Torterra would be a good partner to start off with, as it really helped with the core's trouble against Rock-types, Electric-types, and Pawniard. I then added Rapidash as a much-needed Ninetales check, as well as scarf Raichu to be able to revenge kill Barbaracle and Rain Dance Poliwrath, as well as give a Volt-turn partner to Articuno. Finally, I went with U-turn Jumpluff to fit with the Volt-turn theme this was headed towards and give a check to Carracosta. It also gives a way to stop lead SR setters from getting SR up with Sleep Powder which is pretty nice too.
Thanks so much love the team

Furfrou @ Life Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Work Up
- Return
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Pursuit
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

This core looks like it sucks & maybe it's only decent but I think it can be good. I want to make the sweeping capability of Furfrou more consistent.
Bulky pokes like Probopass, Poliwrath, & Machoke do give this core some problems. Floatzel does help get rid of ghosts for Furfrou & Furfrou can set up on pokes that have no wall-breaking assets.

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Beartic is an underrated threat that I feel deserves more attention. Ice stab in Icicle Crash and Superpower hits really hard in the PU metagame, and is only outspeed by scarfers like Raichu and Mr. Mime, which take a lot of damage from priority Aqua Jet in the rain at +2. I haven't been able to build a rain team that I feel pretty comfortable with, and I would like to include this in it because it's coverage in this metagame right now is incredible and can sweep weakened teams pretty easily. Feel free to tweak the set however you want, this is just the standard set I have been using lately that gets the job done pretty well.

Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
Ability: Water Absorb / Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Brick Break
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab / Ice Punch

The set might look a little weird but it works pretty well for me. Bellywrath is underrated, and I made this set to give it the most I could. 252 HP for maximum bulk, and with that bulk it can usually take a hit from most other 'mons after Belly Drum. This will normally put it's HP low enough for it to eat it's salac berry, and the Speed EVs and nature combined with the +1 from the salac berry allows it to outspeed anything with base 100 speed or less that isn't scarfed. The rest of the EVs go into attack for maximum damage. Brick Break and Waterfall are both great STAB moves that can take out almost anything at +6. Poison Jab is good coverage for Grass and Fairy types that resist Brick Break and Waterfall, and Ice Punch covers Grass and Flying types that Poison Jab can't, Most notably Gourgeist XL which is one of the only 'mons in the tier that Poliwrath can't OHKO alongside Max Defense Avalugg. As far as I can tell this set can 1-2HKO anything in the tier depending on whether you're using Ice Punch or Poison Jab. Water Absorb is good for getting HP back if somebody somehow forgets about it and Swift Swim is almost unstoppable if you're expecting rain.

Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
Ability: Water Absorb / Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Brick Break
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab / Ice Punch

The set might look a little weird but it works pretty well for me. Bellywrath is underrated, and I made this set to give it the most I could. 252 HP for maximum bulk, and with that bulk it can usually take a hit from most other 'mons after Belly Drum. This will normally put it's HP low enough for it to eat it's salac berry, and the Speed EVs and nature combined with the +1 from the salac berry allows it to outspeed anything with base 100 speed or less that isn't scarfed. The rest of the EVs go into attack for maximum damage. Brick Break and Waterfall are both great STAB moves that can take out almost anything at +6. Poison Jab is good coverage for Grass and Fairy types that resist Brick Break and Waterfall, and Ice Punch covers Grass and Flying types that Poison Jab can't, Most notably Gourgeist XL which is one of the only 'mons in the tier that Poliwrath can't OHKO alongside Max Defense Avalugg. As far as I can tell this set can 1-2HKO anything in the tier depending on whether you're using Ice Punch or Poison Jab. Water Absorb is good for getting HP back if somebody somehow forgets about it and Swift Swim is almost unstoppable if you're expecting rain.
Belly Drum Poliwrath is definitely a cool threat, but without Substitute, the set usually doesn't work. You're forced to rely on your opponent doing an exact amount of damage as you Belly Drum, and if you aren't knocked down to Salac Berry range, it's extremely easy to be revenge killed. This set might work better for you:

Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Return

You can thank Anty for the set, but this allows you to easily set up a Substitute on a weaker Pokemon such as Avalugg or Armaldo, Belly Drum while getting your boost from Salac Berry and proceeding to sweep. Water + Normal provides much better neutral coverage against the tier, really only struggling against Gourgeist. I hope this set works for you and good luck. :]

Belly Drum Poliwrath is definitely a cool threat, but without Substitute, the set usually doesn't work. You're forced to rely on your opponent doing an exact amount of damage as you Belly Drum, and if you aren't knocked down to Salac Berry range, it's extremely easy to be revenge killed. This set might work better for you:

Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Return

You can thank Anty for the set, but this allows you to easily set up a Substitute on a weaker Pokemon such as Avalugg or Armaldo, Belly Drum while getting your boost from Salac Berry and proceeding to sweep. Water + Normal provides much better neutral coverage against the tier, really only struggling against Gourgeist. I hope this set works for you and good luck. :]
Cool thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)