ORAS OU Punching Bag Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm OneForLife and i am a new user. I'm a beginner and what i'm going to show you is my first team.
It's called so because i noticed that fighting pokemons like conkeldurr can represent a great menace knocking out at least half team.
So, let's start with clefable. I chose him because i need a fairy type which could be a good wall at the same time. He is the leader of the team and has also the function of putting the Stealth Rocks. I opted for Ice Beam> Flamethrower because it is a nice "surprise" for gliscor and Landorus. Wish>Softboilde to recharge Thundurus.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite is here because he's my favourite pokemon. Maybe Dragon Claw is better than Outrage but i would listen to your opinion about that. He is 1 of the 2 physical sweeper of the team. Please change everything but Dragonite. Of course you can change his moveset.
Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

The other physical sweeper of the team. In addition he plays the role of spinner. I think that this moveset could be correct.

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Being an excellent wall Rotom is the defensive column of my team. I'm not sure if the evs are correct. Also in this case i suppose the moveset is correct.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

I need a fire type and one who could use roar. Heatran is perfect for this role considering his resistance to fire moves. Regarding the moveset, i think that toxic could be replaced with SR giving to clefable another move.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 208 HP / 40 SpA / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic
- Earth Power

The last arrived. Another user suggested me to replace Magnezone scarf with this one. Good special sweeper and knock outer Thundurus has the defect to be very fragile. For this reason i chose wish for clefable, to recharge thundurus.
Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I hope you could help me to improve the effectiveness of my team. I accept every kind of criticism in particular from expert players.

Have you tried Cosmic Power Clefable?
Don't touch that shit, man.

Anyway, can't say I'm all that convinced with some things on your team (namely Scarfed Exca, I thought that stopped being a thing) and I think there is room for some fixes.
Anyway, Scarfed Exca as stated before is just awful, total momentum killer and gives your opponent free reign to send out a breaker or sweeper to brutalise you when you're stuck in Rapid Spin. You also lack a Keldeo switch-in and get raped by Mega Venu and Fightings as you said. I have two options for this, either Starmie or a Lati. Lati@s are much more reliable answers to Mega Venu and Keldeo and provide good offensive presence and utility to help this team with defensive walls, like Rotom-W and Slowbro who are also problematic, a bit better, though this will leave you with a pretty hefty Ice weakness so that may be something to watch out for with the abundance of HP Ice spammers. Alternatively, Starmie still offers hazard removal support and a Keldeo check and threatens Mega Venu a bit with Psychic STAB but is a much less reliable answer to the latter, although it can revenge it easily after some wear. Either choice works and they both do a better job against threats than a Scarfed Exca does which is pretty awful tbh.
Secondly, I'd suggest running a stall-breaker spread on your Tran with Rocks and a Calm Mind Clef. There is really no reason to hinder Clef's full potential in its arguably best set which is CM when you have a perfectly good Heatran on your team. Furthermore, a stallbreaker set on Tran will help you much more against fat-fuck walls who do seem very problematic on this team so a simple way to grind the fuckers down so you can pick them off easier is very much appreciated. Also, in regards to the CM set for Clef, while I like the idea of lure Ice Beam I'd say run Flamethrower if you opt for Starmie on my first suggestion as the WTF Star will serve as a good additional Glisc check and Flamethrower coverage is very valued by Clef to not be walled to shit by Ferro and Sciz.
I don't think Defiant Thundy has great utility on this team either tbh. You're not running hazard-stack to bait Defogs and whatnot to get your Defiant up and you're not exactly baiting in things like Gyara or Lando to let Intimidate give you a boost. I think Prankster attacker helps this team much more as offensive teams with fast threats like Mega Lop can pick this team apart so an answer to them would be very much appreciated more than a possible chance to get a boost.
Lastly, you ain't got no Mega. Not sure what the deal with that is, but I think you could do with one. Not sure which though if I'm being honest, the best I see is maybe Mega Pinsir over Dragonite to further help with your Fighting problem while still maintaining your late game cleaner and priority user.
Hope this helps. PS: Read the RMT rules and edit accordingly.

WTF Star (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Not Latias (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Not Latios (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Melty Metaly (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Fabled Clef (Clefable) @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower/Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

xXSoStronk420ggXx (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast/Taunt

The Brute (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Like you said, Outrage is not a good choice in my opinion. It locks you on the Outrage and your opponent could easily switch into a Fairy type. Also, Extreme Speed and Fire Punch are great coverage moves that you want to use. My Dragonite runs Dragon Claw. Hope that helps. :)

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey, unfortunately your thread is not following the RMT rules. Your problem is with your descriptions. I'm going to have to lock this thread but feel free to pm me with your changes so I can unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)