Punjabi Lion - An Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punjabi Lion - An Odyssey

The Legend of the Sikhs | Introduction

While at the Gurdwara (the word for what you would call a Sikh temple or church), I was listening to the Guru Granth Sab (the holy prayers; a book that would resemble what Christians' call the Bible). The legendary actions of no war, peace, prosperity, good character, and unblind faith, almost enchanted me. This team is based on the legendary actions, and motives of my forefathers.

The Sikh culture, is what English people would call Christianity, but it is different in many ways. For one, we have to cover our heads while entering out sacred holy place of prayers. We must also only enter with our bare feet as a sign of respect to Waheguru (almighty God). Also, instead of holy water we eat what is call "parshad" (a sacred food, cut with the holy blessed blade of God).

At the Gurdwara, we sit in silence, or we can sing along the prayers. We pray while we give donations to god (food, money, clothes, weapons, etc.). After the spiritual recite-ment, we go to the eating grounds and eat roti (lunch, usually consisting of what you would call pita, with many types of salads, chutneys, and sauces which we call "dal").

The team I have created is based around the holy Saints of my faith, and religion. They are also based on 5 of the 10 masters of the religion. While through this RMT (also I might add, this team is 30-0 [hax losses were eliminated, which was only 1]), you will learn about our sacred religion, the Saints, and the Gurus. You may not know this, but some of the top players are of the Sikh faith, and are Punjabi (the language we speak). This includes, Brawley, and Aldaron.

The Holy Saints, and Gurus | The Team

• Guru Ram Das Ji :: Infernape
    • The Fourth Master of the Sikhs.
      Guru Ram Das was born on September 24, 1534 to simple God-fearing parents, Hari Das and Anup Devi of Lahore. Known as Jetha meaning the first born, he was a handsome young man. When he grew up he could always be found in the company of religious men. One day Jetha came across a party of Sikhs who were on their way to Goindwal to pay homage to Guru Amar Das. Jetha decided to join them and also travel to Goindwal. Upon their arrival and meeting, Guru Amar Das at once noticed the young Jetha with his pleasant manner and sense of devotion. While his fellow travelers returned to Lahore, Jetha decided to stay and become a disciple of Guru Amar Das. His hard work, and devotion eventually won him the hand of Guru Amar Das's younger daughter, Bibi Bhani. They went on to have three sons, Prithi Chand, Mahadev and Arjan Dev.

Jetha became a trusted disciple of Guru Amar Das. As described previously he successfully represented Guru Ram Das before the Mughal royal court to defend the charges by jealous Hindus that Sikhism maligned both the Hindu and Muslim religions. "Birth and caste are of no avail before God. It is deeds which make or unmake a man. To exploit ignorant people with superstitions and to call it religion is a sacrilege against God and man. To worship the infinite, formless and absolute God in the form of a totem, an image or an insignificant or time-bound object of nature, or to wash one's sins not through compassion and self-surrender, but through ablutions; to insist upon special diets, languages and dresses, and fads about what to eat and what not, and to condemn the mass of human beings, including women, to the status of sub-humans and to deny them the reading of the scriptures and even work of every kind is to tear apart man from man. This is not religion, not is it religion to deny the world through which alone man can find his spiritual possibilities." The Emperor Akbar was greatly impressed by the tenants of Sikhism as explained by Jetha and dismissed all of the charges.

Eventually Jetha was ordained as Guru Amar Das's successor and named Guru Ram Das (meaning servant of God). These events have previously been described.

When the aged ascetic son of Guru Nanak Baba Sri Chand came to visit Guru Ram Das he asked him why he kept such a long beard? Guru Ram Das replied; "To wipe the dust off the feet of holy men like yourself" and then proceeded to perform this supreme act of humility. Sri Chand held his hand and embraced Guru Ram Das saying; "It's enough. This is the kind of character by which you have deprived me of my ancestral heritage. Now, what more is left with me that I could offer you for your piety and goodness of heart?"
  • Item: Focus Sash
  • Nature: Hasty
  • EVs: 48 HP | 252 SpA | 208 Speed
  • Move Set:
    • Fake Out: Fake Out is a great move for leading Infernape. It allows you to break Sashes, damage Pokemon just enough to get them into KO range, and scout for leftovers. It adds a secondary, "free" priority move.
    • Stealth Rock: The main purpose of this Pokemon was to lay Stealth Rock, and this move is it. It is the most important, as it allows most of the Pokemon that will survive an attack with a few HP, to be OHKO'd. This is needed to work in tandem with my secret weapon.
    • Fire Blast: This is the generic STAB-move on the set. It is used for general power, and for Bronzong's if they ever actually catch on. I am mostly using this so I can do something to frailer Pokemon or Grass-types such as Celebi after I release a Close Combat
    • Close Combat: Since Tyranitar usage and opposing LeadApe usage is starting to rise, I decided Close Combat would be the obvious choice. I also use this move for Pokemon I that I can dent, such as Swampert (1/4 of total HP as damage).
  • Description: This set was mostly inspired by my former tutor's RMT. If you didn't know, one of my former tutor's was Taylor. As Taylor showed in his peer edit (or a peer edit based around his original set) and his RMT, LeadApe with Fake Out and Stealth Rock is a magnificent combination that allows me to sweep better in general, with all of my Pokemon. For example, after Stealth Rock damage, Celebi is guaranteed a 100% KO, other wise it would be around 90-95% of a chance. This Pokemon is needed for my team, and yes, I want this over an Azelf or Aerodactyl, because of the fact it has Fake Out and they don't.

• Guru Angad Dev Ji :: Rotom-w
    • The son of a prosperous Hindu trader, Bhai Pheru, Guru Angad was an ardent devotee of the Hindu goddess Durga. Lehna, as he was known before becoming Guru was born on March 31, 1504 in the village of Matte-di-Sari but eventually his family moved to Khadur. He was married to Khivi and had two sons, Datu and Dasu, and one daughter Amro. Lehna would annually lead groups of pilgrims to visit the temple of Durga at Jwalamukhi for preying and dancing. Here the flames emitted by the volcano are worshipped by devout Hindus. One day Lehna heard a Sikh named Bhai Jodha reciting the Japji, the early morning prayer composed by Guru Nanak. Finding out about Guru Nanak from Bhai Joda, Lehna decided to visit the Guru and pay his respects. Upon meeting Guru Nanak at the age of 27, Lehna became a devout disciple of Guru Nanak and renounced his former practices.

Guru Nanak instructed Lehna to return to Khadur to instruct people in the ways of Sikhism. Here Lehna spent his time in prayer and serving the people. He distributed food to the poor daily. Longing to be with Guru Nanak he eventually returned to Karthapur where he became totally devoted to the service of Guru Nanak. After undergoing countless tests, Guru Nanak eventually appointed Guru Angad as his successor on July 14, 1539 as described previously. Upon the death of Guru Nanak, Guru Angad returned to Khadur where he went into seclusion and meditation for six months. Eventually a delegation of Sikhs led by Baba Buddha convinced the Guru that they needed him. Guru Angad longed for Guru Nanak, when he said to Baba Buddha;

"He whom you love, die for him. Accursed is the life without the beloved. The head should be sliced that does not bow before the Master. O Nanak! the body should be burnt that suffers not the agony of separation." (Sri Rag) "He who has been blessed by Guru Nanak is lost in the praises of the Lord. What could one teach those, Who have Divine Nanak as their Guru?" (Majh)

Guru Angad was the embodiment of humility as Guru Nanak had been before him. The renowned yogi Daya Nath visited Guru Angad to try to convert him. Daya Nath believed that mental purity could only be obtained through renunciation of the world, observance of rituals, introspection, and yoga. Guru Angad engaged him in discussion saying that only through living a simple truthful life as Guru Nanak had lived can God be realized, by remaining pure amidst impurity. The yogi was eventually won over by the purity and innocence of Guru Angad and asked the Guru if there was anything that he could do for him. The humble Guru Angad replied that he only seeked the learned yogis blessings.
  • Item: Leftovers
  • Nature: Modest
  • EVs: 252 HP | 152 SpA | 104 Def
  • Move Set:
    • Will-o-Wisp: This move is needed in order to really take care of brutal attackers Celebi may not be able to handle (i.g. Gyarados, Heracross, and Lucario).
    • Thunderbolt: This is absolutely needed so I can finish Gyarados once and for all, as it causes severe problems for this specific team. It is also the STAB move I'm going to be using often with this Rotom.
    • Shadow Ball: Shadow Ball is another STAB-move that will help me finish off a large amount of threats. Specific Gengar, Alakazam, and Mismagius (somewhat).
    • Hydro Pump: This Rotom's most special and somewhat elite move. This allows me to fight off Infernape, and other opposing Fire-types.
  • Description: Rotom-w is the part of my ultimate physical attack-taking group. It attacks tremendously well as a great spin blocker, and as a Gyarados killer. Even if he only get's in one Will-o-wisp his job is done, as Celebi has Reflect, and Salamence also has Intimidate. Rotom-w is a great team player and is needed. He prevents Rapid Spin, allowing Infernape's sacrifice not to be in vain.

• Guru Hargobind Singh Ji :: Salamence
    • Guru Hargobind was born at Wadali village in June 1595 and was the only child of Guru Arjan Dev. He was invested with the Guruship on May 25, 1606 just days before his fathers martyrdom. From a young age he was educated in the sciences, sports and religion as his father had insisted. Baba Buddha was responsible for overseeing the Guru's religious teachings.

During the Guruship ceremony Guru Hargobind respectfully declined to wear the Seli (woolen cord worn on the head) which had been passed down on each successive Guru since Guru Nanak. Instead the Guru asked for a sword. Baba Buddha, never having handled a sword before, placed it on the wrong side of the Guru. Guru Hargobind noticing this, asked for another sword saying "I'll wear two swords, a sword of shakti (power) and a sword of bhakti (meditation)." Henceforth the Guru would always carry two swords to symbolize his dual role of holding secular power (Miri) and spiritual authority (Piri).

Soon after his ascension to Guruship in 1606, Guru Hargobind laid the foundation of a new temple at Amritsar; the Akal Takht. The Akal Takht was built facing Harmandir Sahib (the Golden Temple). Guru Hargobind had a throne built, and would administer Sikh affairs from here. The temporal nature of the Akal Takht balanced the spiritual nature of the Golden Temple, emphasizing the dual concepts of Miri and Piri introduced by the Guru. Guru Hargobind donned the royal regalia of a King and was known by the Sikhs as Sacha Padshah (The True King).

Guru Hargobind knew that the Sikh's would no longer take their freedom for granted, he undertook to steel his Sikhs against tyranny and oppression. The Guru now gave instructions to the Masands and to all the other Sikhs that they should make offerings in the future of horses and weapons rather than just money. The Hindus had become so weak that they could not contemplate any kind of resistance to the rulers of the date. The Sikhs did not believe in self-denial alone; they grew increasingly aware of the need for assertion also. They wielded arms and lived an active life, reared horses, rode on them, and racing and hunting became their pastimes. Guru Hargobind encouraged Sikhs in physical activity and weapons training as well as prayers. Soon an army of one thousand horses was raised. The spiritual side was not neglected. Guru Hargobind would rise long before the day dawned and after his bath in the holy tank, would go into meditation. The Guru would then join his Sikhs for prayers both in the mornings and evenings. Guru Hargobind did not want his emphasis on the temporal caused by the necessity for a war like posture to detract his followers from the spiritual ideals of Sikhism.

The Gurus military activities were soon reported to Emperor Jehangir by the ever jealous Chandu Shah, who still had an unmarried daughter on his hands as a constant reminder of the indignity hurled at him. Guru Hargobind was summoned by Jehangir and decided to go see the Emperor. Many Sikhs were apprehensive about the Guru going as they feared for his life. Before setting out for Delhi Guru Hargobind assigned the secular duties of running the Golden Temple to the honoured Baba Buddha and the spiritual instructions to the great scholar and scribe of the Guru Granth Sahib, Bhai Gurdas. Guru Hargobind then set out for Delhi accompanied by three hundred horses.

When Jehangir met Guru Hargobind, he was quickly won over by the young Gurus charm and holiness. The Guru had a number of religious discourses with the Emperor who wanted to be sure that no harm was intended to Islam by the propagation of Sikhism. When asked which religion was better Hinduism or Islam, Guru Hargobind replied quoting Kabir:

"God first created light, All men are born out of it. The whole world came out of a single spark; Who is good and who is bad? The Creator is in the creation, and the creation in the Creator, He is everywhere. The clay is the same, the potter fashions various models. There is nothing wrong with the clay or the potter. God the true resides in all, Whatever happens is His doing. He who surrenders to Him gets to know Him. He is His slave. God is invisible, He cannot be seen. The Guru has granted me this sweet gift. Says Kabir, my doubts are dispelled. I have seen the Pure with my own eyes." (Parbhati)
  • Item: Choice Band
  • Nature: Jolly
  • EVs: 6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
  • Move Set:
    • Outrage: This move is the finishing blow, as I only use it if Heatran is the only Steel-type left (since it does around 70% to heatran while way less to a Bronzong). I only use this when all threats to Salamence are clear. If there are any walls that remain, they won't be for long.
    • Dragon Claw: This is the most generic STAB-move on this set as it allows Salamence to finish off all kinds of threats, with out being trapped, and being confused in the end.
    • Earthquake: Earthquake is here to take care of all Heatran (even though Outrage can take him on as well). Earthquake also helps me defeat Lucario, and can help me with Metagross as well.
    • Fire Fang: This move is here since I needed a way to take out Scizor and Forretress in 1 or 2 hits, especially only 1 for Scizor as it is a potent threat for my team.
  • Description: Salamence works a multitude Pokemon. It provides more power to my impenetrable defensively-oriented core, but at the same time it is my best and foremost early game sweeper which can also be used late game. With Outrage, Salamence can rip through a multitude of almost every thing (walls, tanks, sweepers, etc.). It is such a potent threat that the only way of really killing it is Ice Shard, or anything faster, but they can only revenge kill this beast.

• Guru Nanak Dev Ji :: Celebi
    • “Me, the bard out of work, the Lord has applied to His service. In the very beginning He gave me the order to sing His praises night and day. The Master summoned the minstrel to His True Court. He clothed me with the robe of His true honour and eulogy. Since then the True Name had become my ambrosial food. They, who under the Guru’s instruction, eat this food to their satisfaction, obtain peace. By singing the Guru’s hymns, I, the minstrel spread the Lord’s glory. Nanak, by praising the True Name I have obtained the perfect Lord.” (Guru Nanak, Pauri, pg. 150)

The founder of the Sikh religion, Guru Nanak was born on April 15, 1469 in the Western Punjab village of Talwandi. He was born to a simple Hindu family. His father Mehta Kalian Das was an accountant in the employment of the local Muslim authorities. From an early age Guru Nanak made friends with both Hindu and Muslim children and was very inquisitive about the meaning of life. At the age of six he was sent to the village school teacher for schooling in reading and writing in Hindi and mathematics. He was then schooled in the study of Muslim literature and learned Persian and Arabic. He was an unusually gifted child who learned quickly and often question his teachers. At age 13 it was time for Guru Nanak to be invested with the sacred thread according to the traditional Hindu custom. At the ceremony which was attended by family and friends and to the disappointment of his family Guru Nanak refused to accept the sacred cotton thread from the Hindu priest. He sang the following poem;

"Let mercy be the cotton, contentment the thread, Continence the knot and truth the twist. O priest! If you have such a thread, Do give it to me. It'll not wear out, nor get soiled, nor burnt, nor lost. Says Nanak, blessed are those who go about wearing such a thread" (Rag Asa)

As a young man herding the family cattle, Guru Nanak would spend long hours absorbed in meditation and in religious discussions with Muslim and Hindu holy men who lived in the forests surrounding the village. Thinking that if bound in marriage Guru Nanak might start taking interest in household affairs a suitable match was found for him. At age 16 he was married to Sulakhani daughter of a pious merchant. Guru Nanak did not object as he felt that married life did not conflict with spiritual pursuits. Guru Nanak was happily married, he loved his wife and eventually had two sons Sri Chand in 1494 and Lakshmi Chand three years later. Now that he had a family of his own Guru Nanak was persuaded by his parents to take a job as an accountant in charge of the stores of the Muslim governor of Sultanpur Daulat Khan Lodi. Guru Nanak agreed and was joined by his family and an old Muslim childhood friend Mardana, a musician by profession. Guru Nanak would work during the days, but early in the mornings and late at nights, he would meditate and sing hymns accompanied by Mardana on the rabab ( a string instrument). These sessions attracted a lot of attention and many people started joining the two.

Early one morning accompanied by Mardana, Guru Nanak went to the river Bain for his bath. After plunging into the river, Guru Nanak did not surface and it was reported that he must have drowned. The villagers searched everywhere, but their was no trace of him. Guru Nanak was in holy communion with God. The Lord God revealed himself to Guru Nanak and enlightened him. In praise of the Lord, Guru Nanak uttered;

"There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True, He is also True now." (Japji)
  • Nature: Bold
  • EVs: 252 HP | 220 Def | 36 Spe
  • Move Set:
    • Leech Seed: Leech Seed allows me to recover HP by draining the opponent's. It can act as a PHazing move, as well as heal any Pokemon I switch to, in case I need to.
    • Thunder Wave: This my only method of slowing opposing Pokemon such as Deoxys-S and others down so I can sweep with Salamence more effectively
    • Hidden Power Fire: In tandem with Grass Knot, this provides awesome coverage, and nails Scizor switch ins.
    • Grass Knot: Grass Knot serves as Celebi's attack move, having a very decent Base Power against Pokemon such as Gyarados, Swampert, Tyranitar and others.
  • Description: Celebi is my main Physical wall, as well as one of my status absorbers (due to Natural Cure and Leech Sed). It does a very good job at tanking Pokemon such as Gyarados and come out winning. Reflect helps protect my team against Physical threats, and Leech Seed has weakened enemy Pokemon into KO ranges quite often. Thanks to reflect the opponents Attack is almost 1/6 of the regular thanks to all the precautions I put on this team.

• Guru Gobind Singh Ji :: Deoxys-S
    • 'I establish thee as my son, that you spread My Path. Go and instruct men in Righteousness and the Moral Law, and make people desist from evil.'

I stood up, with joined palms, and bowing my head to Lord God, I said: Thy Path I shall spread only if Thou be at my back.

For this was I born into the world, I utter only how and what God uttered to me, for I am the enemy of no one. He who calls me God will surely burn in the fire of hell. For I am only the servant of God: doubt not the veracity of this statement. I am but the slave of the Supreme Being come to witness His Play. I tell the world only what my God said to me, for I will not be silenced through fear of the mere mortals. I utter as is the Instruction of my God, for I consider no one greater than Him. I am pleased not with any religious garb, so I shall sow the seeds of the Unaccountable One. Nay, I worship not stones, nor am I attracted by denomintional coats. I utter only the name of the Infinite and so attain unto the Supreme Being. I wear not matted hair, nor ear-rings, nor have regard for any such ritual, and do only what God bids me do. I repeat only the Name of One God who fulfills us, at all places. No, I utter not another's name, nor establish another God. I dwell upon the Name of the Infinite One and so realise the essence of the Supreme Light. I give thought to none else, nor utter another's name. O God, with Thy one Name I am imbued. I have no other pride. Yea, I utter only Thy Name and eradicate my endless sins. (Guru Gobind Singh, Vachitra Natak)
  • Item: Life Orb
  • Nature: Naive
  • EVs: 6 Atk | 252 SpA | 252 Speed
  • Move Set:
    • Superpower: Needed because I am a bit Tyranitar weak, and it helps with this weak. I also found Recover useless as I never had a chance to use it.
    • Shadow Ball: Shadow Ball is used for Psychic- and Ghost-type Pokemon who might try to wall Deoxys. As mentioned previously, it offers great coverage with Superpower
    • Thunderbolt: Thunderbolt allows me to revenge kill any Gyarados, as well as Water- or Flying-types that is beyond my other Pokemon's reach. It offers great coverage with Ice Beam.
    • Ice Beam: Finally, Ice Beam is great against opposing Dragons, Flying-, Ground-types and others that my other moves can't. It offers great coverage with Thunderbolt.
  • Description: Deoxys-S is one of the best revenge killers in the game. Its speed is second to none, and the current EVs allow it to outspeed Neutral ScarfGar. The moves listed offer, probably, the best coverage in the game, hitting a great amount of Pokemon for Super-Effective damage, which allows it to be the superior form of CounterStar.

• Punjabi Lion :: Suicune
    • The lion is the symbol of Punjabi people, and Sikhs all around the world. It is a compliment to be called a lion, while the insult would be being called a donkey (or jackass). The lion represents our vigilant fight throughout India. It also represents us. We are the embodiment of courage, warriors, weaponry, artillery, masterminds, and geniuses all alike. We are lions, and always will be. We will spill blood before we spill tears. We will be independent and stronger than any army alone. We can survive the greatest of tortures.
  • Nature: Timid
  • EVs: 252 HP | 40 SpA | 216 Speed
  • Move Set:
    • Subsitute: Provides protection from all sorts of ailments, and allows me to beat Blissey one on one, which has happened before, if you add a bit of luck into the game, and can master the RNG.
    • Calm Mind: This is the only move in the world that will actually let a Suicune sweep, and if you combine this with Substitute with 404 HP, not even Blissey can or will stop you.
    • Hidden Power Electric: HP Electric allows me to revenge kill any Gyarados, as well as Water- or Flying-types that is beyond my other Pokemon's reach. It offers great coverage with Surf.
    • Surf: Surf is the STAB move and allows me to kill almost everything except Vaporeon, Grass-types, and a few oddballs that are now in UU.
  • Description: The basis, and foundation of this team is this Pokemon. My goal was to aim a way to make Suicune the staple, and work around its weaknesses, but still be able to win without it (just in case). My goal was to specifically use the Sub + CM set to the maximum, and it did exactly what I wanted it to. As you can see, my team is based around Suicune, while being able to hold its own without. You can't remove this staple as it is proven to work. No matter what any person says, since if you read Tangerine's guide, you'll see "if it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

Conclusion | Final Word

This is one of my favorite teams, and, as previously mentioned, has a very decent record. The Stealth Rock support, as well as Anti-Rapid Spinners is something I was really found of. The overall theme is great. It is quite a fun team to play with if you are familiar with the story, and even if you are not, you will still get a kick out of using this team.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated. I thank you for taking time to read this and I hope you had fun while doing so. As you can see the Sikhs have a fundamental rules, and I hope you enjoyed what you learned. The motto of the Sikhs is "if all else fails, you are granted the power of the sword" which seems to be this teams motto as well in a sense.​

Wow. That's a lot of effort for an RMT.

I have no way of fixing this team. Once Infernape goes down, Tyranitar becomes a big problem, especially CB versiosns. Crunch does massive damage to Rotom, Celebi, and Deoxys while Stone Edge takes out hunks of Salamence and Suicune, though to a lesser extent. Infernape can still only revenge kill T-Tar. Salamence, Suicune, and Rotom can also revenge it, but bulkier versions mean trouble for 'Cune and Rotom. Hold on. I just proved myself wrong. You handle Tyranitar well. Never mind.

The only real problem I see is the 3x weak to Dark. Crunch, Pursuit, and Dark Pulse are not to be ignored. I don't see a way to fix that without taking out a Poke, and I don't like doing that. Good job

Excellent formatting, and was a nice read since I'm Punjabi as well haha.

Anyway, onto the important stuff. The team is nicely constructed, and plays much like "glass cannon". This works well in the heavily offensive based platinum metagame, but you are weak to the most prominent Pokemon on every glass cannon team - Deoxys-S.

You do have the bulk necessary to take hits from LO Deoxys-S, but any form of residual damage means you lose late-game. Hoping for a speed-tie with your own Deoxys-S isn't really too reliable, so I think something needs to be done.

I think adding Thunder Wave over Reflect on Celebi would be extremely beneficial. The Reflect support isn't really backed up by anything on this team, as you aren't trying to set up an end-game sweeper. Crippling switch-ins like Infernape and Gengar is nice for easily sweeping with Salamence. This can also help with the Deoxys-S weak, as crippling it allows you to defeat it without the speed-tie factor.

One last thing, on Salamence, Fire Blast is the better option as opposed to Fire Fang, simply because steel types are usually KO'd by the former. Stuff like Skarmory is hit harder, and you are likely to Outrage Bronzong anyway.

I can't really think of a way to integrate a surefire Deoxys-S counter without ruining the synergy of this team. You can always run Metagross as a lead to still set up Rocks, and possibly trick a Scarf/Specs onto common counters, while still countering Deoxys-S. Not really essential, just don't let residual damage beat you!

Excellent formatting, and was a nice read since I'm Punjabi as well haha.

Anyway, onto the important stuff. The team is nicely constructed, and plays much like "glass cannon". This works well in the heavily offensive based platinum metagame, but you are weak to the most prominent Pokemon on every glass cannon team - Deoxys-S.

You do have the bulk necessary to take hits from LO Deoxys-S, but any form of residual damage means you lose late-game. Hoping for a speed-tie with your own Deoxys-S isn't really too reliable, so I think something needs to be done.

I think adding Thunder Wave over Reflect on Celebi would be extremely beneficial. The Reflect support isn't really backed up by anything on this team, as you aren't trying to set up an end-game sweeper. Crippling switch-ins like Infernape and Gengar is nice for easily sweeping with Salamence. This can also help with the Deoxys-S weak, as crippling it allows you to defeat it without the speed-tie factor.

One last thing, on Salamence, Fire Blast is the better option as opposed to Fire Fang, simply because steel types are usually KO'd by the former. Stuff like Skarmory is hit harder, and you are likely to Outrage Bronzong anyway.

I can't really think of a way to integrate a surefire Deoxys-S counter without ruining the synergy of this team. You can always run Metagross as a lead to still set up Rocks, and possibly trick a Scarf/Specs onto common counters, while still countering Deoxys-S. Not really essential, just don't let residual damage beat you!
Awesome, now there are four of us lol. As for your advice I'll take it, but as for the Fire Blast part, I'll have to change the nature.

Thanks a lot, ToF.

Just for the record, I'm Punjabi too, nice read.
I'm not religious at all, but I've been to a Gurdwara and stuff before.

Anyways, If a DD'ing Tar gets a chance to set up, and Suicune was down, you'd have a lot of trouble taking it down. If I were you, I'd put in a Lucario (Guru Arjan Dev Singh Ji if I say so myself) and have replace Infernape. Make it of the special attack variety, and to keep the fire coverage, have it know: HP (Fire)|Vacuum Wave|Aura Sphere|(Move of Choice)

The SubCalmingCune is one of my personal faves but with different ev spread.
I think he needed a fast Stealth Rocker to set up against ScarfDos and Togekiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)