Pure Power

This is an offense team centred around Medicham as a late game cleaner, but is not over reliant on Medicham and can handle itself fine without it. The team has pretty decent momentum, which is the way this team usually wins.

Team Building Process

Initially, I chose to make a team centred around a mega, and Medicham happened to be the lucky one. For this team, I needed to find a way to deal with common late game cleaners and priority users such as Aegislash. Medicham likes the help of hazards to aid its cleaning. As I wanted to make an offense team, I also needed a lead, breaker, pivot, utility and sweeper. I really like Infernape as it's a really good mixed breaker, checking many threats. It's also good when paired with Medicham as Nape is good at weakening Medi's counters. This probably isn't the right way to team build, but next I decided on the utility. I wanted something to help the sweeper set up. This lead me to considering pokemon with dual screens. I found that Klefki's access to dual screens, prankster and spikes was exactly what I was looking for. I needed at least one attacking move on Klefki, and Klefki's offenses aren't great. Therefore, I chose foul play as it absolutely ruins Aegislash and most swords dancers. I wanted the team to have a spinner as I'm not a fan of having permanent hazards. However, going through pokemon such as Donphan, Starmie, Tenta, Forretress, I figured I don't like any of these on the team. So I decided the best option I had was to stop hazards from coming on the field in the first place. Therefore, I needed a pokemon with rocks and taunt as a lead, and Aero's speed gets the job done. I then needed a pivot. The options I had were Rotom-W, Scizor and Forretress because of their typing. Forretress was pointless as hazards is covered and Scizor would cause an imbalance in the team with too much physical attacks. Also, I wouldn't be able to switch moves with band Scizor, which is my preferred set. Finally, I needed a sweeper. I needed a spinblocker, so the sweeper had to be ghost type. It also had to be specially offensive because of the physical bias of the team. Finally, it had to take advantage of the screens. Reluctantly, I found as though Mismagius was the only thing that fit, and its 3 immunities was helpful. And thus, the team.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Aero is my dedicated lead. Since DPPt, I've never seen anyone use Aero, and I'm not sure why as it's very good at doing its job of setting up rocks and dying. I have decided to have a suicide lead to immediately get rocks up to reduce the opponent's momentum while stopping the opponent from doing the same. A suicide lead also gives me the ability to dictate the next pokemon match up. Aero's speed usually get the job done effectively and not many people have hard counters because it is so uncommon. Edgequake has decent coverage, hurting those that hinder it from doing its job such as Espeon.

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch

Nape is an excellent breaker with coverage to take out a variety of threats with its ability to deal massive amounts of damage on both sides of the spectrum. Overheat and close combat are powerful STAB moves that together check many walls and u-turn gives momentum while removing Nape's stat drops for another round of damage. Thunder punch gives coverage to deal with things like Gyara. I chose expert belt over life orb as Nape's coverage is pretty good and the recoil from life orb gives Nape more of a chance of survival if an opposing Aegislash uses shadow sneak. Nape works well at weakening pokemon that Medicham struggles to deal with.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Klefki is overall a good utility introduce in gen 6 with very good typing, making it the Gen 6 version of a Gen 5 psychic/steel. Klefki's access to dual screens helps Mismagius set up and increases Mega Medi's durability if I choose to conduct an early sweep. Screens also helps Klefki's durabilty and ability to lay down as much spikes as it can. Foul play stops pokemon from setting up a swords dance and destroys Aegislash, which is a huge threat to Medi. It also helps against taunts.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave/Pain Split

Rotom-W is a good pivot for this team to neuter many threats and provide momentum. Hydro pump is its main way of dealing damage and volt switch gives momentum to the team. Will-O-Wisp neuters threats to aid the rest of the team. Currently, I'm running thunder wave as it help the 3 offensive pokes do their job, but mainly for in-game purposes (as you cannot get pain split unless it is tutored in gen 5 and it's hard to get one with perfect IVs and nature in gen 5), however pain split helps its durability. Rotom-W counters Talonflame, which would otherwise kill Medicham.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd / 1 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mismagius is a very questionable sweeper as it's not that great, especially with the hidden power nerf. The reason I have chosen it is because I needed a specially offensive ghost type (spin blocker) that could use the screens to its advantage, and Mismagius was all I could think of. I have chosen nasty plot over calm mind as it's speed is pretty decent so it does not require the special defense boost. It also allows a quick sweep.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch

Medicham is underrated, but its attack is incredible and its speed is decent for a late game cleaner. I have nothing much to say about this except that its very good at cleaning up and wrecks stall.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/U2qyyuAc

I shall add more details later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)