ORAS OU Purely Huge Power(Peak 1910)

The Team:

Preface:Hey there, this team took a really long time to build, but I got pretty high up on the ladder with it. And I know your thinking, wow this is a serious team, and it is(surprisingly) and hopefully there is more to come. -Doubleswitches

So I wanted to build a team with azumarill and mega meddicham. Why? Because nobody has switch in's to them. Then i added rotom, because I needed a way to get them in.Then came loom, because it was good against water types(i was bp/zen at first). Then mew as a blanket wall. Talon was just thrown on as a priority abuser at first.

Analysis:

Medicham @ Medichamite

Ability: Pure Power

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- High Jump Kick

- Thunder Punch

- Fake Out

- Ice Punch

Do you like having a switch in? Well with medicham you don't have that luxury. So generally how you use medicham is you kill something, go into a wall, bring in another threat, then double into medicham to get another kill. T-punch is for bulky waters, ice punch is for dragons and lando. HJK kills everything that's not resisted and fake out is for getting of your mega. Adamant is for max damage output, but I've been thinking about jolly, but ada 2-hit ko's clef. Meddi is just great in this bulkier meta, and can rip apart teams on it's own. If you predict right you will get a kill when it comes in. Very things can take two hit's like mew or cress.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Belly Drum

- Aqua Jet

- Play Rough

- Knock Off

Azu is a late game cleaner. It really hits hard on it's own so a lot of the time you just use the sitrus for a little more health. You just drum up and aqua jet everything. Things that don't die to jet die to knock(i.e. ferro) or play rough(i.e keldeo). You just want to whittle things that can take hit's and ko back like kyub or a bit of chip on skarm. You really only want to drum up on win cons that are threatened by azu, because they will switch out. It's nice if you are not ko'd by it but that is not always something up to you. The spread is a standard belly jet spread nothing to really look at.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Will-O-Wisp

- Thunder Wave

This is one of the easiest pivots to throw on a team. You just take a hit from that scizor or what ever and click volt switch. When they try to set up on you with their zard x you just t-wave them. Twave is really making it easier on medi and azu to wall break. Wisp is primarily to hit things that otherwise destroy your team. Volt and hydro are just standard as it hits everything bar the water absorb mons. The ev spread again is pretty standard for a defensive pivot.

Breloom @ Focus Sash

Ability: Technician

Jolly Nature

- Spore

- Bullet Seed

- Mach Punch

- Rock Tomb

Breloom basically removes one mon every game. And 90% of the time it comes in they switch out. You know what that mean? it's time to pull a double. It also does a great job at breaking waters, ground types. It even is able to remove talonflames or other flying types with rock tomb. Plus mach is great for killing exca's and tar's. Even loppuny takes a lot, so loom puts in a lot of work every game.

Mew @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe

Calm Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Will-O-Wisp

- Defog

- Roost

- Stealth Rock

This is probably my favorite wall right now. It just eats hits, wisps, then roost stalls. It gets up rocks and removes them(which is pretty important, considering i have a bird and sash user). It is really the only thing that can handle electric types on this team, or psyshock user if talonflame doesn't have a bulk up. It kills momentum but is just so bulky, and fills every role I need it to, so I had to throw it on. Plus with max sp.def you eat up hits from zone, mega-mane, lati's, zam.

Talonflame @ Leftovers

Ability: Gale Wings

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe

Careful Nature

- Brave Bird

- Roost

- Bulk Up

- Will-O-Wisp

Talon is there for whenever you can't deal with grass types or fairies. I also handles stall fairly well. It provides an offensive presence while still eating hits. It wins a lot of games on it's own, mainly when they don't have a tyranitar or a strong rock type. It sets up on special sweepers easily, threatening them with a priority brave bird, plus it can wisp physical threats like bisharp in order to set up on it. It's main role though, is to kill venu's, or gengar's. Really anything that the rest of my team cannot hit.

• diancie- it beats everything bar mew. I am really considering thunder wave purely for it(it bounces off magic guard to get synchronized)​
  • Magnezone-I have to get it burned then roost stall it to death​
  • Thunderous-Same as above, but slightly easier since fake out does a lot+rocks​
  • Gengar-Have to depend on loom if rocks are up, otherwise talon has to attempt to beat it.​

Conclusion:

This team seems really frail when you look at it, and it looks like it would have a hard time against HO, but somehow it isn't. I didn't mention this above but the team is heavily status oriented, by paralyzing and wisping threats it gets really easy to prioritize and systematically remove threats from their team. Somehow this team worked out for me, but I'm not sure how good it really is.

Thanks to TheMasterFailure for ghosting me throughout this process.​

Attachments

Last edited:
Cool team, totally agree with you on the problem with switching into mega medi. But TBH, msab does actually do quite the number on this team esp th cm variants. If they predict a switch into azu, and burn you, it's pretty much gg after that. Well, honestly this is no switch in to Msab, and your best option is azu, howerver, you may or may not havr to sack a mon depending on how much it has set up. As for your problem with m diancie, you could run bullet punch over thunder punch on medicam, as brelloom is good enough to take care of the bulky waters for you barring gyarados which is handily beaten by rotom.

Hey! Nice team. Wanna note that Bulk Up Talonflame beats all but the rare Toxic Mega Sableye variant; I also want to say that a non-Taunt Talonflame has trouble versus stall, and your team at the moment hates burn being spread around;

So I'd like to suggest using SD Toxic Orb Breloom
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Facade

Your team definitely has trouble with Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham so you probably want a more physically defensive Mew.
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

Also the team has a bit of trouble with Mega Diancie considering how common, it is getting; you probably want Bullet Punch on your Mega Medicham
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch/Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Gengar is troublesome but you have priority, and probably can handle it. Hopefully my slight tweaks help the team out. I also feel that things like SD Garchomp are still difficult for you to deal with honestly. I also want to not that ZardX is troublesome to a certain extent(TWave helps out), and going for burns on MScizor with Rotom-W is a little iffy considering how common offensive MScizor is getting; congrats on the peak though.

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hey double switches,

the team is already solid. However I have a couple of suggestions for you. You said that Mew is your check to Electric-types, though this isn't enough because they can just volt switch and after they have taken down mew, you lose. The main problem is that you can't discourage electric-types from using volt switch without an effective ground immunity. That's why I suggest you to run SpDef Excadrill, which can win the 1v1 against manectric and most importantly discourages the use of electric-moves. This means that you can stay in with another Pokemon on your team predicting the Fire move and KO manectric in this way. Not only does Excadrill soften your weakness to electric-types but also it helps against Diancie-Mega you can't deal with effectively due to the lack of Bullet Punch on Medicham and the fact that both Rotom and azumarill can't properly switch into Moonblast. So excadrill can even set up rocks against diancie if it clicks protect thanks to Mold Breaker and then force it out with a super effective moves. It has the capability of removing hazards as well, so I think it's much better than Mew. Its only downside is the lack of a reliable form of recovery, but you should easily overcome this problem.

Anyways another solid change would be Hippowdon (which works as a ground immunity and a sr setter) over Mew, which checks Mega Lopunny much better than Excadrill, but you would need a different way to remove entry hazards, which could result in the addition of Latios over Rotom-Wash, because the threats that rotom is supposed to check, are already covered by the likes of Talonflame and Hippowdon and Latios is a better switch-in to Keldeo.

Finally, I'd suggest you to run Jolly Belly Drum azumarill with Max speed, you won't lose much in terms of offenses, and you will be able to outspeed some rotoms without any speed investments that become more annoying after the removal of Mew.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

you can give excadrill more speed to outspeed rotom.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force - dont use sand stream because you have sash loom and thus would be counterproductive.
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Good luck with your team and grats on your peak.

Reactions: Sun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)