Pursuit-Baton Pass bug

So according to Smogon, if a Pokemon uses Pursuit against a faster target using Baton Pass, Pursuit should hit the target, but I totally lost a match on a battle not going that way.

I can post the log, if need be.

Thanks.

Sorry, do you mean this is a mistake in the Pursuit article or a known Shoddy issue?

I found this under the Move Priority resarch article (DP), which seems to indicate it's working correctly in Shoddy:

Pursuit comes right before a switch if a switch is used (+6.5 priority, if you want to think of it that way). It doubles in power if they switch out. If they use Baton Pass and you are faster, the Pokemon using Baton Pass takes normal damage. If they use Baton Pass and you are slower, the Pokemon they pass to takes normal damage.
So now I'm just confused.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, basically Pursuit does not act any differently than a 40 base Power Dark type move if the opponent uses Baton Pass. There are NO differences. The only time Pursuit changes from a 40 Base Power move is if the opponent switches out(or U-turns, but that is not the question here).

So according to Smogon, if a Pokemon uses Pursuit against a faster target using Baton Pass, Pursuit should hit the target, but I totally lost a match on a battle not going that way.
Antar said:
If they use Baton Pass and you are slower, the Pokemon they pass to takes normal damage.
...?

edit: oh my bad I saw that the other way around. Either the article is wrong or shoddy is glitched then.

Nothing to be confused about. Let's take 2 scenarios involving Jolly Weavile, Jolteon and, say, Heatran.

Jolteon uses Charge Beam, kills something and gets its SpA boosted by 1 stage. Weavile comes in. Let's assume the Weavile is Jolly (Hits 383 Spe).

Scenario 1: Jolteon is Modest, thus, has 359 Spd. Weavile uses Pursuit. Jolteon survives the hit (CB Pursuit does 51.8% - 61%) and Baton Passes to Heatran, who receives the boost unscathed.

Scenario 2: Jolteon is Timid (394 Spd). Jolteon is faster than Weavile, so it Baton Passes the boost to Heatran, who gets hit by Pursuit and shrugs off the NVE 40BP (unboosted) move.

This is the normal in-game behaviour. Shoddy behaves the same.

edit: ninja'd by 2 people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)