Queen's Wrath

Introduction:

Hey guys! I'm acerinox and this is my first RMT! I hope you don't mind my silly mistakes here and there and I hope you have a good time rating it, it's definitely not perfect and all criticism is welcomed! :) Here's the team for a first view!

At a glance:

Idea behind it:

Basically, this team revolves around Uxie, Venomoth and Nidoqueen, where Uxie sets up dual screens to cushion the blow of attacks from both sides while Venomoth passes Quiver Dances to Nidoqueen, turning it into a fearsome sweeper. The defensive backbone also helps the team stay alive and healthy. Alright I'm not very good with words so that's about it, closer details to the team below!

The team:

Uxie @ Light Clay
-Levitate
-252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def
-Timid
-Moves:

1.Light Screen
2.Reflect
3.Memento
4.Stealth Rock

Ahh Uxie, such gargantuan defenses you have! Dual Screens set, supporting the team with increased defenses from both sides, allowing Uxie itself to especially survive Crunch and live to set dual screens up again another day. Memento for a quick get away to Venomoth, or if there's not enough time to set up screens. If against a defensive Pokemon, I'll just switch away, saving Uxie for another time. Stealth Rocks for obvious reasons, and also secures OHKOs for my Nidoqueen! Basic Dual Screens set, though EVs are a lil' special, tailored to setting screens fast, it can afford for Defense EVs to be shifted to Speed thanks to it's defenses.

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
-Wonderskin
-248 HP,8 Def, 252 Spe
-Timid
-Moves:

1.Quiver Dance
2.Sleep Powder
3.Baton Pass
4.Bug Buzz

Venomoth, the queen's right hand (paw) butterfly, key to her success! Though it may not look like much, without it, Nidoqueen would never have been that amazing of a sweeper. QuiverPass set basically, Sleep Powder to put opponent to sleep, and with the speed, opposing Pokemon will at least have one turn of inactivity. The next turn while the opponent switches out, I'll Quiver Dance, further boosting my Speed, Sp.Def and Sp.Atk, with Light Screen already supporting it. After about a turn of Quiver Dance, I'll Baton Pass to Nidoqueen, to begin her wrath. Bug Buzz is there so it won't become Taunt bait and also for some offensive pressure, especially when one Pokemon has already fallen asleep. The EVs maximize speed and bulk to make setting up way easier. Wonderskin cuts opposing status move's accuracy to 50%, especially against Roar.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
-Sheer Force
-100 HP,252 Sp.Atk,156 Spe
-Modest
-Moves:

1.Earth Power
2.Ice Beam
3.Fire Blast
4.Focus Blast

Here she is, star of the team. This set is so underrated, always regarded as a defensive Pokemon, but her new Sheer Force ability boosts the power of it's moves to amazing levels! With Life Orb equipped and the boosts from Quiver Dance, she is now a fast, special attacker that hits like a truck, with additional Sp.Def behind her. Earth Power is reliable and is my go-to option most of the time, able to OHKO Darmanitan, Chandelure etc. Ice Beam takes out Flygon and Claydol, catching them off guard. Fire Blast incinerates Bronzong who would wall this set otherwise. Focus Blast is mainly for Umbreon and Snorlax, but due to low accuracy, probably better off with Earth Power... The speed EVs allow her to outrun defensive Arcanine, Xatu and Roserade, taking them out with super effective moves. Life Orb is definitely beneficial to her especially with it's effects removed thanks to Sheer Force. Usually, she, Uxie and Venomoth are enough to finish off most teams. But of course, there's the defensive backbone of the team!

Blastoise @ Leftovers
-Torrent
-252 HP,252 Def,4 Sp.Def
-Bold
-Moves:

1.Rapid Spin
2.Scald
3.Roar
4.Foresight

Blastoise is simply put, the Rapid Spinner of the team, as such Rapid Spin is a must here, clearing hazards from my side of the field. Scald to wear down spin blockers, and the burn chance come's in useful against physical attackers, rendering them useless for the rest of the match. Roar switches out threats to it and the pesky set-up sweepers that hide behind a substitute. Foresight allows Blastoise to Rapid Sin even if it's a ghost, easy clean up of hazards any time. Torrent is picked over Rain Dish as Rain teams are rare in UU and the water boost may be helpful in a pinch. Defense is maximized to take as much physical attacks as possible!

Umbreon @ Leftovers
-Synchronize
-252 HP,252 Sp.Def,4 Def
-Calm
-Moves:

1.Wish
2.Protect
3.Heal Bell
4.Foul Play

Umbreon supports the team by wish passing, also being able to switch into any Special Attack comfortably. Umbreon can pass on 197 HP wishes to teammates, keeping them in good condition. Protect to ensure recovery for itself, and maybe to scout the opponent's team. Foul Play does significant amounts of damage to Physical Attackers who try to take advantage of its weaker defense stat. Heal Bell takes care of status conditions and works exceptionally well with Synchronize, leaving the opponent with a status condition and curing itself, ha! EVs maximize HP and Sp.Def to take Special Attacks as easily as possible, allowing it to switch in with ease.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
-Thick Fat
-80 HP,252 Atk,176 Sp.Def
-Adamant
-Moves:

1.Return
2.Earthquake
3.Pursuit
4.Fire Punch

Snorlax switches in easily into a special attack and punishes the opponent back with it's fully invested, Banded, STAB Return. Return for obvious STAB reasons and hits very hard generally. Chose it over Body Slam as the power is more worth it than the paralysis chance. Pursuit removes Ghost, Psychic types effectively, sponging Fire Blasts from Chandelure and forces it out, allowing a swift KO of it with Pursuit. Earthquake takes on the Steel and Rock types that take pathetic damage from Return and Pursuit. Fire Punch gets past Bronzong with Levitate and Escavalier. EVs maximizes attack, increasing offensive pressure, the 80 HP and 176 Sp.Def EVs help it take Special Attacks easier. Choice Band for maximum damage output.

Conclusion:

Yep and there we have it, my first RMT. I hope you like it and please, any criticism is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking time to read this and hope to see you soon. Have a great day ahead! :)

Hey there! Congrats on your first rmt!
I just have a few suggestions for you to try.
1. Quiverpass is a great and fun strategy. Unfortunately the opponent wikl see your team and know instantly what you are up to. Nidoqueen is clearly your endgame and main strategy. None of your other pokes benefit from a quiverpass. I recently had a quiver pass team and ran venomoth alongside nidoking(queen) and agility empoleon. Agility empoleon can still setup amd sweep without qp but it obviously would take the boosts. Nidoqueen and empoleon only sharw weakness to ground attacks. If the opponent doeant have a ground attack on the baton pass they are forced to decide who will get the boosts.
Basically the point im making is try to have multiple options as far as sweepers. For example instead of umbreon try togekiss who will gladly take the boosts.
2. Body slam over return on lax. You dont have any scarfed revenge killers so your team will benefit from the paralysis rate.
3. Nidoqueen change the evs to 96/252/160 for speed creep againt opposing queens.
4. You have a semi suicide lead and a quick pass team. I think a rapid spinner and cleric may not be needes as much on your team. Tbh they kind of kill any momentum. Your only sr weak poke is venomoth. I dont think you need a spinner at all even with 2-3 sr weak pokes if you keep enough pressure on the opponent.
Good team overall!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)