Quick and Painless Victory

Hey there Smogon! My name is Zach and this is both my first RMT and one of my first posts ever on this website. I've been playing Pokemon for a while now and have always gravitated towards the Ubers tier. This team is based on setting up a few layers of hazards, preventing hazards from being set up by the other team, and then quickly finishing the opponent using speedy and high powered moves from Kyogre, Latios, and Arceus. Rayquaza patches necessary wholes by acting as a weather sweeper counter and general wallbreaker. Now for the Specifics!

(DarkNight)Darkrai @Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Trait: Bad Dreams
Nature: Modest
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-HP Fire

Choice scarf Darkrai is not unheard of, yet no one ever seems to expect it because of how common the focus sash/life orb sets are. Darkrai is basically my way to shut down Deoxys-S who is very common in the current hyper offensive metagame. The way I use him is to outspeed whatever the opponent leads with, dark void it, then switch out to Kyogre or my own Deoxys to set up hazards or just water spout something into oblivion. The way sleep works in 5th gen means that even if the opponent switches he has essentially lost that pokemon for the rest of the match. Dark pulse is the other move that sees usuage as it is great for taking out Mew-Twos and Giratinas. Focus blast is to hit Excadrill and Kabutops/Omastar. The final move HP Fire is mostly for Genesect as otherwise its scarfed set would cause my team alot of trouble.

--------------------

(SpeedyGonzalez)Deoxys-S @Focus Sash
EV's: 252 HP/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Timid
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Ice Beam

This is a lead I'm sure every Ubers player is familiar with. It is so common because it works. If Deoxys has its focus sash in tact it is almost guaranteed to get a layer of rocks and spikes up which could lead to the demise of my opponent. Any ubers player will tell you that spikes and rocks can sway a game faster than any sweeper could. Ho-Oh loses 50% of his health and any poke neutral to rocks can lose 21% of their health if they switch into one layer of spikes and rocks. This not only turns 2HKOs to OHKOs, but it also destroys focus sashes and makes the opponent more reluctant to switch. Because I almost always lead with Darkrai the opponent will have one sleeping poke. If they switch out I'm guranteed 2 hazards. If they don't switch I'll stack up the spikes until they wake up and use Deoxys as death fodder. I will occasionally keep it alive if the opponent has a Rayquaza or a Shaymin-S because they are both very threatening and a 4x super effective Ice Beam is exactly the thing to keep those green air beasts in their place.

--------------------

(Drizzlin')Kyogre @Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Nature: Modest
-Water Spout
-Surf
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

This team member is another staple of the Ubers meta-game. It is just too powerful to be ignored. With a few layers of hazards down the only safe switch ins are Arceus-Grass, Ferrothon, and a handful of others. Not even Giratina or Dialga are safe from this whale when they both take upwards of 40% from a full HP water spout. Keeping Kyogre at full health is very important which is why I always try to Dark Void the opponents hazard setter. Because I have another scarfer in Darkrai I run modest on Kyogre. He outspeeds every major non-scarfed pokemon he needs to and he really appreciates the extra power when he is trying to take out pokemon that resist his water spout such as Dialga.

--------------------

(JetBlu)Latios @Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Psyshock

Latios is probably my favorite member of this team. This team slot was originally filled by a lustrous orb Palkia, but I changed in favor of a better all around sweeper. The main reason Latios was added to this team in the first place was because of Kyogre. I desperately need a whale killer so I went with Latios. With soul dew Latios has amazing Speed, SpD, and Special Attack. He is definately not bulky enough to switch into a specs water spout, but he can safely revenge kill with grass knot. An opponent rarely safes Kyogre for last so most games go something like this: Opponent leads with Kyogre and I have Deoxys in. Opponent chooses either thunder or water spout and I usually end up with rocks and a layer of spikes plus a dead deoxys. I send in Latios to clean up the mess and possibly take out another pokemon. Grass knot is to deal with Groudon and Kyogre. Psyshock is for Ho-Oh and calm minding threats. Surf is a very spam-able move if rain is up and Draco Meteor can lay down a world of hurt on anything that doesn't resist. Base 110 speed is blistering in Ubers as most dragons sit between 90-100. I can't see myself ever using a replacement. (Latias is good too, but I like the pure power)

--------------------

(Arceus-Dragon)Arceus-Ghost @Spooky Plate
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Trait: Multitype
Nature: Adament
-Will-O-Wisp
-Swords Dance
-ExtremeSpeed
-Shadow Claw

This next poke, Arceus, was put on this team purely to counter extreme-killer Arceus. If the opponent sends in a normal type Arceus I will immediately switch my own in. I usually try to burn the opponent as fast as possible to alleviate the threat. Swords dance is to add so UMPH to his attacks, which are both pretty self explanatory. Have you ever seen a physical arceus without extremespeed? You may have noticed the nickname. Because of the similar color scheme new players are often fooled. I have been helped countless time by the opponent trying to extremespeed me or hitting me with a dragon type move and then facepalming realizing that they just made a deadly mistake. The other thing going for this set is Will-O-Wisp. When a player sees that move they tend to expect CM arceus which also gives me an edge. The main problem is I'm walled to death by steel types. Dialga, Ferrothon, and Forretress laugh in my face and the best I can ever do is throw down a burn. That being said this poke is too valuable to be replaced.

--------------------

(Ozone)Rayquaza @Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Trait: Air Lock
Nature: Lonely
-Dragon Dance
-Overheat
-Outrage
-ExtremeSpeed

The one member of this team I am just not sure about. Rayquaza is one of those pokemon that is just fun to use. With a dragon dance under his belt he can destroy a team. The real problem is finding an opportunity to set on up. An awesome trait of his is his ability Air Lock. Air Lock allows Rayquaza to outspeed Kingdra, Excadrill, Venusaur, and every other weather sweeper I can think of. He also has the abilty to murder every last one of them. This team lacks a good physical attacker so Rayquaza usually has the duty of taking out opponent's Blisseys and Giratinas. His moveset is something that I change often and would like advice on. Should Fireblast/V-Create be run over Overheat? What about running dragon claw over Outrage? I may forgo dancing altogether because the it is so difficult to use. I could run earthquake to help against Dialga I suppose.

Final Thoughts:
I really enjoy this team. It is the perfect laddering team as a game will never last over 20 turns. This team has even peaked at #1! Although the Ubers ladder is not frequented by the most amazing players around I am very proud of that accomplishment (especially since I can't get over 1700 ranking points in OU) The main weakness I have found with this team is Dialgas. Nothing on my team can OHKO it and I usally have to Outrage on Rayquaza then clean up with another poke to get rid of the time master. This is obviously not favorable for me. Anything that can outspeed Darkrai is also problematic such as scarf Mew-Two and Scarf Shaymin-S. Luckily both are fairly easy to revenge kill. There are obviously others, but usally the only time I will be beat when I'm playing well is when Will-O-Wisp misses once or twice and I am swept by Extremekiller. Well what do you think of my team? Also please comment on the RMT itself. I formatted it the best I could, but any tips would be much appreciated because I would like to make a few more RMT's in the future :)
Good luck and Happy Battling!

Importable Team
DarkKnight (Darkrai) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Drizzlin' (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder
- Water Spout

Arceus-Dragon (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- ExtremeSpeed

Ozone (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Overheat

JetBlu (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Grass Knot

SpeedyGonzalez (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Hi! I have a quick recommendation--use PO's "Export Team" function in Teambuilder and post it in the thread so if anyone rating the team wants to test it out, they can just copy/paste it into PO and jump right in.

I also like the Darkrai set, I might give it a few tries as my own team has HUGE problems with Scarf Genesect.

At the moment I don't have any suggestions, posting an Import text would help immensely. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)