Quick Pass/Dual Screens Hyper Offense Team

So the basic idea of this team is that I set up dual screens so I can use setup moves to be able to sweep with ease.

Deoxys-Defense @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Serious Nature
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Reflect

This is my lead. What generally what I try to do is set up Light Screen against a special Sweeper and set up Reflect against a physical sweeper. Pretty simple. Of course, taunt is there to use when someone tries to use Deo-D as setup fodder. I also have stealth rock so it can break focus sashes as a focus sash Pokemon can ruin my sweep by surviving and possibly KOing back. Stealthrock also helps with KOing with my receivers as the extra damage is always helpful. I chose Deoxys-D because of it's amazing Bulk and ability to set up both screens before dying 95% of the time.

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Baton Pass

This is my first set up user. After both screens are up Gorebyss can genrally survive almost any attack and then it uses Shell Smash. Thanks to White herb it's defenses are no longer lowered. I also try to set up substitute as well since passing an intact substitute to a receiver is a huge bonus. Hydro Pump is good for possibly killing a Pokemon that is bad for my recivers before I baton pass.

Venomoth @ Lum Berry
Trait: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz

This is my second set up user. Sleep Power alows it to relaibly set up on a lot of pokemon. Lum berry is there to prevent status moves which generally ruin it. When behind light screen Venomoth is virtually unphazed by almost any special attack after one quiver dance boost making it all the more easier to set up. It's pretty easy for venomoth to set up two or three times, becoming even harder to kill with special attacks. Bug Buzz is the obigatory STAB attack and it helps zap lots of psychic and dark types.

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi is one of my receivers. I picked him because he is not weak to any of the common priority attacks in OU, and resists what si arguably the most common prioity attack, which is bullet punch. IF screens are still up Jirachi is pretty much untoucable. Again, I have Lum Berry to prevent status from crippling him. Jirachi has very solid offensive coverage with it's dual sstabs and Psuedo boltbeam. Magnezone is the only Pokemon that can manage to legit hard wall this thing because of it's stuidly good defensive typing.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

This is cloyster. Closyter is not so much of a reciever as it is a Pokemon to check substitute spammers who see Deo-D as subsitiute fodder This may seem odd but the reason I put this on my team is to actaully deal with Ninjask. This may just be a matter of the RNG being weird but I've been seeing a lot of Ninjask users on the ladder despite how impractical ninjask is against the majority of teams. Anyway, Cloyster provides solid phsyical muscle to this team which is greatly appreaciated. The priority is also very ehlpful against pokemon like Veusaur.

Mew @ Lum Berry
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere

This is my second receiver. Unlike Jirachi Mew is a bit more offensively inclined, but has a less defensively valuable typing and is weak to shadow sneak/sucker punch. However, that is somewhat mitigated if my screens are still up. It also has the same bulk as Jirachi in terms of stats which is pretty decent. Also unlike Jirachi, Mew isn't walled by anything. The coverage is perfect and hits so many things for super effective damage. Psyshock over psychic is especially helpful because it helps to hurt Chansey and Blissey. Always a 2HKO in my experience.

First off, nice team with the use of Deoxys-D, it's like he's the UU of OU or something--I never face one. Anyways, to the rate:
It seems like in the Sun your team could be in some trouble. With drought, Gorebyss's power is limited and with the plethora of Chlorophyll sweepers (by that I mean Venusaur), one of your big sweepers is already in trouble. Furthermore, Heatran can give your Cloyster a very hard time, and while half of your team is setting up, the opponent may be doing the same thing. Volcarona also immediately sweeps this team, especially in the sun, barring Gorebyss still in action.
What can this team use? I have two ideas:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP 252 SpD 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Roar / Stealth Rock

With Heatran, you can wall sun sweepers (Volcarona, Venusaur) and completely shut down STAB fire attacks or the common HP Fire. Lava Plume has a nice 80 base stat and a large chance of inflicting a burn, which raises the defense of Heatran. Protect+Toxic is great -yet annoying- stall and Roar can be used for those who set up on you. Stealth Rock can be an alternative, but since you already have it on your team, what's the use?

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP 216 Def 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald / Surf
- Taunt
- Recover
- Toxic

Jellicent is a great spin blocker, which looks like something your team doesn't need to be against with fire- and flying- types. Scald is for residual damage and a large burn rate, while surf packs a little more power. Taunt prevents walls from setting up entry hazards, Recover is to gain back health, and Toxic is to wear down other foes. Will-o-wisp could be used here, but again Scald is going to get a 30% chance of burn.

Although your team looks good enough and I agree with Thetwiggy... However, your Deo-d is actually a taunt fodder itself by pranksters, so I recommend keeping an attack, not psychic type btw, to be safe.. otherwise you won't be able to set up dual screens... Also, I would recommend tormentran over the heatran suggested because it will fall easily to an offensive heatran..

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- lava plume
- Earth Power
- Torment
- Protect

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Xboy, Magic Coat is in a priority bracket than Prankster Taunt; it is not vulnerable to them.

I would reccomend 2 changes to your sweepers that will simply perform much better.

The first is Nidoking. Nidoking is an incredible Shellsmash and Quiver Dance receiver as he has the typing, coverage, and power to back it up.
--Nidoking is immune to thunderwave, toxic and doesn't care about a burn so he can't really be stopped by status.
--He effectively carries 2 life orb boosts with no recoil thanks to Sheer Force which means he will be hitting Significantly harder than either Mew or Jirachi ever will.
-- He can be very difficult to revenge kill as with a Shell Smash boost he will be outspeeding even Choice Scarf Keldeo with just a modest nature. He also has a very useful resistance to Mach Punch and neutrality to bullet punch.
-- Ground Stab + Boltbeam coverage + flamethrower will leave the opponent scrambling for anything to take a hit from it without eating a super effective move. SpD Rotom-W and the Pink Blobs are a couple of the very few checks to the monster that is a smashpassed Nidoking.
--Run modest nature if you're more likely to receive a shell smash or two quiver dances, run timid if you're more likely to recieve just 1 quiver dance.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Modest/Timid
-Earth Power
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

The second is DD Haxorus. While many may think he is outclassed by Dragonite he has a few unique niches over the flying dragon that keep him viable. Those niches being access to Taunt and Mold Breaker Earthquake. However what really makes Haxorus a good choice in this team is that you have dual screen support already which Haxorus LOVES. Between Taunt and Screen Boosted defenses there is very little that can stop Haxorus from boosting and sweeping. Taunt also happens to be incredibly unexpected in my experience which makes it even more powerful, as you can Dragon Dance on their switch and then taunt the (many times very obvious) Status move or Whirlwind. After taunting the enemy Haxorus can often grab another boost if necessary (being protected from actual attacks by the screens) or start attacking if there aren't any physical walls to worry about.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Mold Breaker
252 atk / 220 Spe / 36 Hp
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Outrage
Earthquake

Basically the way this Haxorus works is you start with your Deoxys and set up dual screens for it, then bring it in on something that is not threatening, and prefferably force out. Dragon Dance on the switch. If they bring in something like say, Skarmory (a very common switch in to haxorus when present), Taunt the expected Whirlwind. Then Dragon Dance again as they either switch or do pitiful damage with Brave Bird thanks to Deo-D's reflect. At 3 DD's haxorus can 2HKO Skarmory with Outrage, obviously any team with less of defensive check than Skarmory will require less boosts. Behind a reflect and thanks to his ice neutrality, Haxorus is often very safe to Outrage, as Dual Screen support turns alot of Haxorus's normal checks and counters into fodder (including Mamoswine) as they fail to KO him before eating one of his massively powerful boosted Outrages.

Life Orb Adamant Mamoswine vs Reflect Haxorus:
Ice Shard: 34.1 - 40.39%
Icicle Crash: 72.18 - 85.09%
+1 Haxorus Outrage vs Mamo:
Outrage: 117.67 - 138.67%

In Summary:
Mew ---> Nidoking
Jirachi or Cloyster ---> Haxorus

(also get rid of that serious nature on Deoxys)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)