Quite Go Sleep

Introduction:
Hello. I’ve been a lurker for a long time, as you can probably see by my join date. I actually started way back in DPP UU (best tier) and always had a lot of trouble getting together the courage to actually post on the forums, let alone do so coherently. After a hiatus, I started up RU three months ago (shoutout to my tutor Arikado) and decided to formally introduce myself to the forums via a team that I built a couple weeks ago that I have a lot of fun using. I also thought it could be a good opportunity to see how I as a player could improve. For those who care, the teams currently sitting at spot 28 on the ladder underneath the alt SandR with 1470 elo, but I’m not really enamored by the whole ‘binge ladder until peaking’ deal, so I don’t know how much higher it would be if I played more than a game or two every three days. The team is about 30-5 right now, if you prefer that statistic. Without further ado, here is the team ‘Quite Go Sleep’.

Teambuilding Process:

This is the core that I initially opted to build around. Whimsicott intrigued me - after watching several SPL RU matches I took note of the sheer support options and unpredictability of Whimiscott’s move pool made it an interesting Pokemon to experiment with. I in particular wanted to explore the tailwind set. Traditionally a good partner for this is Tyrantrum, but I felt that had been explored by a number of other players at this point and wanted to try something new. I opted to try out CB Rhyperior - ground type is exceedingly strong in this metagame and I wanted to experiment with it.

On thing I noticed about the tier is that the dark type Pokemon that are strong all seem to dislike ground type moves. Think about it - Drapion, Skunktank, Houndoom, and the ghost type Doublade all take out psychic types yet dislike ground types. And the other two relevant dark types - Spiritomb and Shiftry - both greatly dislike Whimsicott. So SubCM Cresselia seemed like the perfect fit for the team. Aside from the somewhat rare pure ghost type Mega-Banette and Cofagrigus, it seemed like it could be be a strong partner to the Whimsicott Rhyperior core.

Alright, so far the team seems solid. But I didn’t like things like, say, Amoonguss, Reuniclus or Meloetta. My teams traditionally have problems with these Pokemon, so I opted to use Escavalier. I really wanted a reliable counter, of which was not provided with assault vest Escavalier - it just got whittled down too often. So a Resttalk SD Escavalier paired with the SubCM Cresselia seemed to be a potent combo.

Fire types really like this team, especially Houndoom. I mean, one on one Rhyperior could take it, but I wouldn’t want to switch it in. I also wanted another Pokemon to properly utilize the support of tailwind. Well, I settled on the fact that I ultimately couldn’t maintain momentum against Delphox and Houndoom and stop them, so instead I opted to create another check with Clawitzer. Feraligatr left the tier recently, so the metagame has ejected the water resists due to the relative lack of offensive waters in the metagame. This made Clawitzer the perfect tailwind receiver, and one that unlike Rhyperior could actually outspeed fast Pokemon after tailwind.

These five Pokemon are remarkably solid - all I really wanted was an SR mon, a hazard remover, and something that could maybe check those dangerous fire types given that Clawitzer is very much a check. I couldn’t find a hazard remover I liked, so I opted to use Mega-Camerupt as an SR mon and an alternative to Rhyperior. My thought was simple - I’ve got a lot of Pokemon on my team to help out Rhyperior by aiding with the destruction of it’s counters. Fighting types don’t like whimsicott and Cresselia, water types shouldn’t like Whimsicott and Clawitzer, grass types hate Escavalier, etc. So why not double up on the strong wallbreaking ground type Pokemon? I have more to say about this, but I’ll leave it to another section to discuss the relative role of Rhyperior+Mega-Camerupt and why it is worth the type redundancy.

Offensive Partners:

Tailwind Whimsicott allows Rhyperior and Clawitzer to speed up enough to outpace dangerous Pokemon in the late game. Rhyperior is more useful for the strong bulkier teams, as even after a tailwind it is slower than most ‘fast’ Pokemon in the tier. Clawitzer, on the other hand, becomes a monster for offensive quick teams after a tailwind. This group is one of the core ways I win a close Pokemon match - Whimsicott surprisingly lives for a while and at the end of the game most teams are weakened for Escavalier/Clawitzer to break through. Neither are particularly weak to priority as well, which is an added benefit. Mega-Camerupt is too slow to really get too much out of tailwind, however.

Ok, so we have tailwind to break through offensive teams, both frail and bulky. What about balance/stall teams? These setup boosters can pair together and create two reliable win conditions at the end of the game. They also resist each others weakness quite effectively against Pokemon commonly used on balance teams. Fortunately, their combined weaknesses are covered quite well by the wallbreakers, so they often end up being the endgame core to break apart bulky Pokemon that tend to last a while such as Amoonguss, Alomomola, Slowking, and friends.

These two hate a lot of similar Pokemon, so how can they effectively pair with each other? Well, it all rests on the fact that if one goes down the other remains. This let’s me ‘chose’ a Pokemon so to speak - is Mega-Camerupt or Rhyperior going to be more effective against the opponent’s team? It’s like choosing a fifth teammate in my eyes, with the other Pokemon being a bonus or a failsafe depending on the other team. I fully expected to replace mega-camerupt when I put it on, but it functioned so well that I ended up keeping it on the team.

These are the main three, but it’s worth pointing out the efficacy of the FWG core created by Whimsicott, Clawitzer, and Mega-Camerupt. Just a bonus in my eyes.

Individual team members:

need sleep pill (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Tailwind
- Encore
This is a standard offensive Whimsicott with the adaptation of running Tailwind. Moonblast and Giga Drain offer up excellent STABs that do reasonable damage and in a pinch can drop a stat or recover some of the lost HP from life orb with Giga Drain. Tailwind helps support Clawitzer and Rhyperior effectively, whereas Encore disincentives boosting sweepers from setting up willy-nilly and can in a pinch trap Pokemon into undesirable moves (such as spore fromAmoonguss when predicting the switch, boosting moves, substitute, etc.). As far a team support goes, tailwind and encore are a given, but the ability to outspeed most non-scarfers and the efficacy of the fairy type offensively adds an extra dimension in so far as that it ends up acting as a revenge killer and water-slayer (of which my team desperately needs). It also provides psychological harm to the opponents insofar as the fact that Whimsicott is so goshdang annoying to face that it makes you want to throw your computer into the wall. helps against (i.e. can’t switch in), checks, or counters Alomomola, Clawitzer, Dugtrio (sludge wave…), Druddigon, Gastrodon, Hitmonchan (lol), Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Samurott, Jellicent, Jolteon if at full HP, Kabutops, slurpuff, Medicham, Omastar, Rhyperior, Rotom-Mow, Shiftry, Slowking, Spiritomb, Tangrowth, Tyrantrum, and VIrizion.

OTHER OPTIONS:
I have considered using a offensive spread on whimsicott, but I like the damage that is done. It’s a very pivotal member, and a wholly unique one - I feel like nothing can fill it’s niche, maybe Rotom-C? But it’s one of the least replacable members on the team. Also, hp fire for steel type switch-ins I guess...

or chloroform (Rhyperior) @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Megahorn
This is massively underrated in today’s environment. CB Rhyperior it’s like a truck, thus making it nearly impossible to switch into, especially given the really good STABs. Plus, it’s rare enough that grass types (such as Virizion) like to switch in - ice punch is safer than you’d think. The EVs are the standard ones - I wanted the bulk moreso than the speed, even with tailwind. It’s also a M-Steelix buster - it can switch in and fool the mega-steelix into staying in to get chip damage a teams struggles from rhyperior, which has won more than one game given that SD resttalk Escavalier really wrecks teams without strong attackers. It’s also my qwilfish answer - they rarely will waterfall because of the fact that they are heavily depended on for spikes, especially given that they probably can live non-banded rhyperior. So they get up one layer (assuming no focus sash, which is an ehh set against most teams) and Rhyperior guts them, which is really nice for my team. It survives waterfall regardless without a flinch, in which case they don’t get up spikes at all (getting flinched suck tho, but it’s rare that they waterfall anyways, let alone flinch). There really isn’t much to explain - it’s definitely a ‘HULK SMASH’ kind of Pokemon, and functions well in weakening Pokemon for the late game sweepers or sweeping slow teams itself after tailwind. It helps against/checks/counters ambipom, mega-camerupt, braviary, cobalion, cincinno (watch for bullet seed), cofagrigus when weakened,doublade, non grass knot delphox, drapion, durant, escavalier, emboar (when not superpower), mega-glalie, golbat, houndoom, jolteon, sometimes magneton (risky), pinsir, registeel, regirock, fletchinder, m-banette, skunktank, mega-steelix, sigilyph and tyrantrum.

OTHER OPTIONS: CB tyrantrum would make sense, but I just want some more bulk than it offers. Rock Blast and Aqua Tail are both options I guess. I have considered Stealth Rock as an option, but choice locked Stealth Rock is ehhhhhhhhhh.

night night (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This thing is a monster in disguise. Initially I just wanted something that could take down reuniclus, meloetta, and bulky Pokemon such as alomomola. This thing does that effectively, but also offers up a dangerous late game sweeper that most players are unprepared for. Most bug resists are defensive in nature, which allows escavalier optimal opportunities to set up. It pairs nearly perfect with Cresselia, as cresselia will lose the end game calm mind if the opportunity is presented to it but escavalier tears non-sigilyph cm pokemon apart. It also can absorb status, of which most of my team can’t. It’s very underrated right now and allows the team some leeway as far as residual damage goes (resisting toxic is much nicer than would think). It helps against/checks/counters m-abomasnow, accelgor, alomomola, ambipom, amoonguss (except hp fire ones), bronzong, braviary, aromatisse, cinchona, cresselia, cofagrigus (not np), durant, m-glalie, meloetta, slurpuff, registeel, regirock, reuniclus, rotom-c, shiftry, slowking, spiritomb, tan growth (not hp fire), whimsicott, viridian kinda. The nature was adapted by me as to give more offensive utility and to get the +6 2ko on physically defensive alomomola.

OTHER OPTIONS: Iron head is the obvious one, but i really need this to emphasize taking sown the psychic/dark types. Swarm could work I suppose, but rest will make it go up to 100% most of the time anyways. AV pursuit trapper could be good, but it really isn’t they priority, plus it loses its recovery. I’ve considered SD cobalion, but I don’t like the fighting weakness.

count sheeps (Clawitzer) @ Expert Belt/Assault Vest/Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
Probably the most expendable member (this and mega-camerupt), it still offers a lot of wall breaking utility at the cost of switching in. The coverage is self-explanatory, but I’ve gone back and forth several times over the items. Life Orb is what I initially used, but I felt as though I was worked down way too fast (especially given the lower speed without tailwind). Assault Vest just lacks the abilty to hit that hard, but it has on certain occasions dodged 2kos. expert belt is what I am biased towards, as it’s 2/3 of a life orb and has excellent coverage, but requires better coverage. It’s constantly back and forth for me. This thing is the go-to mon for a dangerous threat late game, as normally it does just enough to weaken into cress/whimsicott range. Overall a good mon, but there could be better I suppose. It helps with/checks/counters Mega-Banette, bronzong, cresselia, cofagrigus, doublade, emboar, fletchinder, m-camerupt, goblet, m-glalie, houndoom, jellicent, registeel, rhyperior, skunktank, spiritomb and m-steelix.

OTHER OPTIONS: I very briefly used Mantine here to have a defogger and to specially check threats better. It was ok, but it lost all the momentum I needed to execute my strategy. Jellicent’s the same really. In an ideal world, I’d use offensive milotic (prays to UU to drop it), but otherwise I can;t think of a better mon right now. Samurott could work I guess, but I personally would prefer a special attacker to wear down the special walls. It could work as a replacement, though.

shut up go bed (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Substitute
- Moonblast
It’s subcm cresselia, nuff said.

ut seriously, with the shift to defensive cresselias this has become more of a threat again. It does what escavalier does, but better adapts to the types of offensive pokemon left near the end of the game. It also convinces people that they can rely on spiritomb and the like, which they can’t do that well (unless cm rest spiritomb). It also has the critical job of stopping fighting types, of which meloetta’s offensive variant doesn’t do that effectively. It’s the rock that keeps the offensive mons in check, and the only big flaw is the limited pp of moonblast. It helps with/counters/checks alomomola, ambipom, aromatic, cobalion, druddigon, eelektross, emboar, gastrodon, hitmonchan (lol), hitmonlee, hitmontop, magneton, jolteon, medicham, qwilfish, tangrowth, virizion and tyrantrum.

OTHER OPTIONS: A more defensive cresselia loses the endgame option and overall momentum. Reuniclus I considered, but I liked the ability to bluff defensive cresselia and the fairy stab comes in handy more often than one would think. Still, I’m back and forth between them. I guess Cress can also counter fightings even more effectively. it’s an interesting decision.

(credits to ‘StarryLion’ on deviantart, from whom I took this)
sweet dream (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

A very effective Pokemon. I have trouble getting the mega off, but when push comes to shove it can come through. It makes electrics liabilities an gets the much needed rocks up against the opponent. It’s worth nothing how good the fire type STAB is, and it gives the team some much needed leeway. And the double ground coverage wears down team much much much faster than you’d think - to the extent that it’s broke some tough teams because the resists get worn down. The team also needs toxic support if something goes wrong with the bulky sweepers which will happen occasionally. It’s not complicated, as is the team - you get in in, and smash. It helps against/checks/counters m-abomasnow, accelgor, amoonguss, mega-banette (if in already), bronzong, cobalion (they love to predict sr), delphox, doublade, cofagrigus, durant, electors, emboar, escavalier, m-glalie, jolteon, magneton, pinsir, registeel, rotom-cshiftry, skunktank, m-steelix, tangrowth, virizion and whimsicott.

OTHER OPTIONS: A lot could go here in theory, but in practice it’s hard to match the offensive pressure and the ability to stunt vulture momentum. Maybe CB emboar cold work, but the special pressure and emergency toxic can work out really well. But yah, this could be expendable if a mon with better synergy and equal pressure is found (I have been searching, but have not found anything). Molk’s resttalk set is another option, but in this case I need sr and toxic also really helps. Although I do want to try that set.

Weaknesses:
Fast things - my team is slow before tailwind, so they can lategame sweep me or do work earlier on.
hazards -biggest generalized threats, they don’t get off when they get on the field. fortunately my mons all resist stealth rock (which is by design)
ghosts: no resists is dangerous to some degree, fortunately escavalier can stop the psychics.

Conclusion:

Well, I hope you enjoyed the team - I really like it and although it is by no means perfect it has good offensive and defensive synergy. If you have any recommendations, I’d love to try them out and see how they work. After all, that’s why I posted it in RMT in the first place. And if you read this whole thing, I am thoroughly impressed - I’m way too wordy.

Last edited:
Threatlist:

normal: Manageable, they can do something to the team but I have options.
italics: They’re a threat, they can scare my team significantly and I must be very conscious of their presence during the game itself.
bold: These guys have the potential to masticate the team. I must be very very cognizant of their attacks.

Abomasnow-Mega:

Swords Dance - escavalier is pretty good for this, as is m-camerupt at full hp. It cold be dangerous, but i have enogh checks. Kinda between a threat and not.

All Out Attacker - this is easier to take out with esca due to the spD evs, and m-camerupt helps as well. Not a huge threat.

Accelgor:

Spikes Lead - I don’t like spikes leads in general, so this is a major threat. My team dislikes bug types, and it really shows here.
4 Attacks - Even more scary - if m-camerupt falls and escavelier is weakened, it can really wreck my team from personal experience. A threat.

Camerupt-Mega:

Tank - It could do damage, but how does it get in? Plus it wants to get rocks up desperately. Not that bad overall. Clawitzer, rhyperior if in, and if push comes to shove my own m-camerupt can pray for the speed tie. The lack of speed really helps.

Cobalion:

Support - Not as bad, it can a pain but i can switch in on the inevitable rocks and it has trouble switching in that much, looking at my tam.

Substitute + Swords Dance - UGH this thing can screw me up if i’m careless, it can dangerously SD or sub. Overall it’s probably one of the biggest threats to the team.

Offensive Swords Dance - This is pretty much the above, except with less overall utility.

Crustle:

Custap Lead - I see this and lead with clawitzer. 30% chance to get up no spikes, and at worst one layer and sr. Annoying, but easiest spiker to deal with overall.

Doublade:

Swords Dance - it just can’t set up, and I’ve got the checks. It can switch in and do minor damage, but nothing systemic. Here is where both camel and rhyperior together come in handy.

Drapion:

Swords Dance - aqua tail is annoying, but then escavalier can handle. Cress doesn’t come in until last game mostly, so really it doesn’t have too many options to switch in. It can be dangerous, but in practice it just doesn’t work out that well. Kind like drapion in practice (without sub) imo.

Druddigon:

Physical Attacker - it can’t get in, and at worst it takes something out. Not that worried.

Stealth Rock - See above, except it does get up rocks.

Dugtrio:

Trapper - It’s almost impossible to prevent, but overall (except sludge wave ugh) doesn’t stop most pokemon, can be annoying for camel.

Durant:

Hone Claws - it can’t do anything to a team with camel and rhyperior on it and while they can’t switch in forever neither can durant.

Choice Scarf - even less dangerous.

Choice Band - Ok, this could be dangerous because of the damage, but not especially so.

Eelektross:

Assault Vest - Mega camel, cress. nuff said.

Emboar:

Wallbreaker - ok this is scary, but it gets worn down so easily that good predicts work out well. Mostly switching to cress first, then trying to heal edgewise. CB is scariest, but it’s not the end of the world.

Choice Scarf - Too weak to do anything until endgame, not as much of a threat.

Escavalier:

Assault Vest - camel, my own esca, rhyperior, all stop it.

Choice Band - See above, it’s not a problem.

Exploud:

Choice Specs - Always a problem, but not more so for this team than any other. Whimsicott’s tailwind really really screws this over lategame, which is where it often ends up.

Fletchinder:

Swords Dance - WoW is annoying, but with rocks up it can’t switch in and clawitzer helps. Rhyperior kos even with a burn, not as much of an issue.

Glalie-Mega:

Wallbreaker - It’s a good wallbreaker. Escavalier is probably the best switch in, but m-camerupt and rhyperior if in can get things done effectively. Double-edge tends to weaken it too much, and getting rocks up is always nice.

Hitmonlee:

Life Orb Attacker - cresselia, outsped by whimsicott. Not a threat.

Endure + Reversal - Never seen it, so idk. reversal should ’t break cress, right?

Houndoom:

Nasty Plot - always scary to teams in the metagame, but i have cloister, houndoom, encore on whimsicott, rhyperior… i’m as good as it gets for this

Pursuit - too weak to pursuit trap cress effectively enough, an easier variant of np

Jolteon:

Substitute + Baton Pass - i mean, it might pass a sub against clawitzer on the switch, but it itself won’t end the game.
Life Orb - mega camerupt and rhyperior block it effectively.

Kabutops:

Assault Vest - it in theory could do work, but I’ve never even seen a kabutops, and whimsicott/cresselia i feel are enough to stop it.

Rain Sweeper -never seen it.

Magneton:

Choice Specs - mega camel, can’t effectively get off electric attacks due to the resists

Eviolite -^

Choice Scarf -^

Medicham:

Wallbreaker - cresselia and whimsicott outspeeds. Fightings don’t do well against the team in general because of this.

Choice Scarf cress even moreso

Meloetta:

Choice Specs - escavalier for days. Very good mon tho.

Choice Scarf - even more escavalier, if not shadow ball cress comes in and cams up

Substitute + Calm Mind - still escavalier, but whimsical can riskily get the encore up.

Mesprit:

Stealth Rock + Healing Wish - its not so much a threat as much as a healing wish mon to help other threats. It’s not that bad from experience.

Omastar:

Entry hazards lead - i hate hazards in general, but whimsicott manhandles it.

Shell Smash - whimsicott on the shell smash, a smart ice beam could be scary i guess, but it’s not coming in twice as is.

Reuniclus:

Calm Mind - escavalier destroys it, especially given the spdef evs. If eaca is sleeping, it could be scary I guess.

Offensive Trick Room - ^, but even moreso.

Rhyperior:

Tank -

Choice Band - Good predictions could make it annoying, especially speaking from personal experience on the other end. But my rhyperior disincentivies stone edges which helps.

Rock Polish - never seen it, but i think that it could be dangerous, not if the team is at full hp though. It’s good.

Sawk:

Sturdy - if I can’t break sturdy, it could do damage, but cresselia really helps with this. Whimsicott outspends. It’s a dangerous mon, but not exceptionally so.

Slowking:

Assault Vest - hmm this is tougher, but I cress walls. I haven’t seen it, tbh.

Choice Specs - esca can come in if not fire blast, it could be a danger I suppose.

CM- esca

Slurpuff:

Belly Drum -really hard to switch in, and encore by Whimsicott makes mind games. It’s one to be aware of, but it’s not the most scary thing I’ve ever seen.

Spiritomb:

Offensive Support - esca, whimsicott, heck even late game cress does work, nothing fears it.

Calm Mind - haven’t seen, but i think whimsicott and esca do work.

Tangrowth:

Offensive - never seen one, but probably escavalier, followed by mega camerupt and

Tyrantrum:

Choice Band - Rhyperior, whimsicott create a good core. It’s dangerous, definitely.

Rock Polish - rhperior, encore whimsi (if i’m gutsy), it can be dangerous i suppose, hard to set up though (only on esca)

Whimsicott:

Offensive -escavalier for non hp fire, mega- camel,

Niche/Lesser used Threats
Only those I have seen will I list.
Pinsir: Big Threat - it tkos the entire team, fortunately it’s rare and can be stopped by mega-camel or rhyperior in a pinch.
Archeops:

Suicide Lead - it really hates rhyperior.

Banette Mega:

Prankster - another major threat - I have nothing that takes ghost well that doesn’t fear burn. i normally sack rhyperior for this, but fortunately it’s hard to get in. These things are underrated imo.

Braviary:

Substitute + Bulk Up - could be scary definitely, but encore whimsicott, rhyperior definitely, and a lot of Pokemon tat could take a hit can stop it to some degree.

Physical Attacker - it’ll likely be worn down, rhyperior works well

Choice Scarf - not scary, rhyperior is good, cress wins

Chatot:

Nasty Plot - I played it once and encored it with whimsicott, but it’s mostly because of my clumsiness. It can’t set up and in theory shouldn’t be worse than exploud.

Cinccino:

All Out Attacker - rhyperior helps, but escavalier just destroys it. Not a threat.

Clawitzer:

Life Orb - it can be dangerous if it gets in, but it won’t get more than one kill. A threat though.

Delphox:

Offensive Calm Mind - clawitzer and rhyperior son’t like grass knot, but push comes to shove camerupt saves the day.

Gurdurr:

Bulk Up - cress, whimsicott

Heliolisk:

Special Attacker - more dangerous electric type, but it still hates cress and gets worn down. A danger, certainly.

Kricketune:

Sticky Web - a problem sort of, but the teams slow already

Malamar:

Rest + Sleep Talk - escavalier

Qwilfish:

Lead - i lead with rhyperior and earthquake, if they waterfall oh well go to whimsicott, if they spike they get two layers up, so a threat

Rotom-Mow:

Choice Scarf - esca, cress, m-camel

Seismitoad:

Offensive Stealth Rock - it’s a scary pokemon when it gets in, but they key operative is when, especially since I am cognizant of these things, I know they could be dangerous, they don’t scare me tbh

Shiftry:

Offensive Defog - esca, whimsicott

Swords Dance - still eaca, whimsicott

Sigilyph:

Offensive - ok, this is kinda scary, but i realized that it depends on coverage. esca if no heat wave, rhyperior if grass knot, but scout if possible with escavalier.

Virizion:

Swords Dance - cresselia checks it at least, if not counters, escavalier can do stuff, whimsicott is the main thing though

Offensive Calm Mind - could be threatening, but eaca does the job well. Please use synthesis over hp rock though, it is better and outstalls amoonguss on switch without crits or early poison. Whimsicott is good hear too.

Defensive Threats

Alomomola:

Mixed Wall - cress, escavalier, whimsicott

Amoonguss:

Defensive Pivot - escavalier, and mega am erupt if something is slept, lategame cress wins

Aromatisse:

Physically Defensive - escavalier, mega-camel

Specially Defensive -rhyperior, escavalier even moreso

Audino:

Defensive - hit it really really really hard with rhyperior ideally, esca wins

Audino-Mega

Lure: It could be dangerous - i really don’t know
Bronzong:

Specially Defensive - escavalier loves this thing so much

Cresselia:

Mixed Wall - eaca, it doesn’t do much, toxic on camel if push comes to shove

Substitute + Calm Mind - escavalier, at worst cm cress tie

Drapion:

Toxic Spikes - the camel, rhyperior, escavalier, not an issue, toxic spikes aren’t as bad as ‘spikes spikes’

Escavalier:

Specially Defensive Swords Dance - the camel and rhyperior really really like this thing

Golbat

Specially Defensive - rhyperior, but super fang is a threat, it’s a problem actually

Physically Defensive -^, better though

Hitmontop

Rapid Spin - whimsicott, cresselia if smart enough to not switch in on toxic, heck even escavalier if defensive

Lanturn:

Defensive Pivot - never seen one, but it gets whittled and whimsicott can come in

Quagsire:

Unaware Wall - whimiscott needs to stay around, hates toxic from camel (not as hard to do as you might think), curse can be bad i guess

Registeel:

Curse - it can come in on whimsical and doesn’t like…everything else really, except cress i guess, it’s not a threat

Specially Defensive - even better

Rhyperior:

Tank -clawitzer, my own rhyperior, whimsicott

Slowking

Defensive - yah, it can’t handle eaca unless the rare fire blast defensive set (of which lefties give away the set mostly)

Whimsicott

Pivot - escavalier, mega-camel

Niche/Lesser Used Threats

Cofagrigus:

Spin Blocker - can be annoying, but it really doesn’t do anything

Gastrodon:

Specially Defensive- whimsicott takes it out, it’s pretty easy to take out

Gourgeist XL:

Physically Defensive - m-camel kind of scares it to death

Granbull:

Physically Defensive- ok, but what does it stop? I don’t have fighting types, and all my mons can damage it

Jellicent:

Special Wall - stalled out potentially by clawitzer, whimsicott also helps, no ghost move lets cress walk all over, heck even eaca helps

Qwilfish:

Defensive - they feel cocky against rhyperiors, so i eq and take it out, but ultimately it’s kinda a major threat, ti doesn’t do anything but the spikes really hurt

Skuntank:

Defog -fire blast has caught me a bit, but with rhyperior it’s not that scary

Spiritomb:

Defensive - see other spiritombs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)