Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 200 HP / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Flying]

this guys moveset is taken from the foogus says otherwise rmt and it works wonders.he can easily tank a hit and strike back before switching out.he checks fighting and rock types very well and is part of my mushroom + whatever phione is core.this guy can take non ground type psyical attacks for days and is my counter to fighting types.i usually lead off with this guy because he can normally force lots of switches with dual status and giga drain.

http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/poked...gimori/411.png
Bastiodon @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 240 SDef / 36 HP / 232 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

bastidon is my stealth rock setter and shuffler and mixed wall all in one.with the given ev's and nature he equal defense an spec.d.this guy can hard counter corsola taking about 29 - 34% from 56 ev neutral natured corsola damage calcs
36/240 Sassy Bastiodon
vs. 56 Relaxed Corsola (80bp Water Special) : 28.9% - 34.1%
232 Sassy Bastiodon Earthquake
vs. 252/200 Relaxed Corsola : 32.5% - 38.9%

i can take a focus blast and roar out ampharos thanks to my chople berry and kill it with magmar later if stealth rock is up.i can take out most of the defensive rock types in the tier with this guy and sometimes they just give me a free stealth rock before i start phazing stuff.i do not really have much else to say about this guy.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...csulo1_400.jpg
Emolga @ Choice Specs
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam

emolga's speed stat is famed for allowing it to outspeed base 100 pokemon but it can out speed even garchomp with its base 103 speed.this is in my opinion the strongest set emolga can use and it is very effective boltbeam and bug is very good but i am thinking about changing hidden power to flying to take out fighting types.this guy is my utility counter to sawk that has sturdy broken as well as my troh counter.i use this guy over rotom-s because this guy pretty much out speeds the whole unboosted meta game with no scarf and rotom-s does not.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Razor_Leaf.png
Grotle @ Eviolite
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 160 SDef / 252 HP / 96 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

this is a very unexpected set and can get stealth rock up reliably if bastidon cant.toxic for damage.seed bomb for stuff weak to grass and synthesis for reliable healing.this guy can bring fire types in for phione to get his walling capabilities way up.if this guy gets a favorable match up he can let me evaluate my opponents prediction skills.i use this guy over torterra for better SDef and suprise factor.

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/98...ges/magmar.gif
Magmar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Flamethrower

i said earlier in the rmt that i can kill ampharos with this guy and with stealth rock up it is a sure 2hko with flamethrower.
252 Timid Ampharos Power Gem
vs. 4/0 Modest Magmar : 58.8% - 69.9%
0/4 Timid Ampharos
vs. 252 Modest Magmar Flamethrower : 58.8% - 69.9%
magmar is my revenge killer and he does a good job of it.he can revenge corsola that have been weakened with hidden power and he can do the same to swellow.this guy can plow through weakend teams if locked into the right move with his very good neutral coverage and relatively high power.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&g...,r:0,s:0,i:139
Phione @ Cell Battery
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 200 SDef / 252 HP / 56 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Acid Armor
- Scald

this guy is the main psychical wall and my fire type counter.he can use rain dance plus rest for reliable recovery.this is a very hard to counter set because of it's ev spread.it can do work on water weak opponents with scald.acid armor is very good and is actually quite useful. this guy can wall for days if it gets 3 acid armors up.if this guy had a better movepool and typing he could potentially be ru.

Please take the NU tier, as well as the RMT section a little more seriously. Anyone who posts a team with Pokemon like Phione and Grotle obviously has no idea what works in NU. The fact that you think countering Corsola is important leads me to believe you're either completely trolling or have virtually no understanding of the game. You also need to expand your descriptions much more and give reasons why you're using things like Grotle over Torterra, Emolga over Rotom-S, etc.

Here's the NU Forum, as well as a link to Battling 101.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Chaotica. A proper RMT needs to have more than 3 sentence descriptions. I also already told you before that mot of the things on your team are done better by other Pokemon in the tier. It is one thing to be creative and use unique/gimmicky sets. It is another to post a RMT about a team that is full of them and expect raters to not point out the flaws. You also really would be better off waiting a full 10 days between RMTs, especially since this particular team was already locked once. If you show this to Delko, I believe he would unlock your previous RMT once he believes that you have corrected all the original problems.

I won't even touch on Cell Battery Phione...

I suggest using Delibird somewhere on your team. You see, Delibird evolves into Articuno, so it can utilise Eviolite. Plus Delibird has Vital Spirit and Rapid Spin, a rare ability and a rare move.

Delibird @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Attract
- Protect
- Splash / Hail

Splash can stall out their PP, but hail can deal damage to them, in conjunction with Attract and Protect, your opponent will quit in no time! :D
lolwut

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please, opt out on the trolling. Don't post on RMT's unless you are willing to give legitimate advice and suggestions for the team.

I suggest using Delibird somewhere on your team. You see, Delibird evolves into Articuno, so it can utilise Eviolite. Plus Delibird has Vital Spirit and Rapid Spin, a rare ability and a rare move.

Delibird @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Attract
- Protect
- Splash / Hail

Splash can stall out their PP, but hail can deal damage to them, in conjunction with Attract and Protect, your opponent will quit in no time! :D
lolwut
Thats not good, delibird doesnt evolve into articuno, the set is horrible, spa is not needed, and delibird dies before rapid spin anyway. attract is undependable,protect not needed, gentle is bad, splash and hail are both horrible.

Oh god someone even took the bait...

Anyway, I'll touch on the flaws of Grotle. You supposedly say that you use him over Torterra for "better SpD and surprise factor). Better SpD is irrelevant when you are outsped/ can't do any damage to mons who blast you with deadly Fire and Ice attacks. I would also suggest that when you switch to Torterra, you change Seed Bomb to Wood Hammer, you have synthesis to offset recoil. Change SR to Earthquake, as much as having two hazard users is nice, competitive teams really shouldn't be doubling up on moves unless it's for an actual purpose like Double Dragon. On the whole Grass/Ground coverage issue, you seem to have a couple ice/electric attacks so you should be alright against flying.

For Phione, I do not see the point of the set. Say Ampharos comes in and hits you with thunderbolt. Cell Battery does not block the hit. You just die, that's it. Also, monowater attacking coverage can always be a risky endeavor, not just for Water Absorbers, but also for Bulky Grasses like Amoonguss who easily Giga Drain you. Replace him with a better bulky water like Relicanth who has major attacking power and can actually stand up the Normal/Flying threats of the birds. Go here to choose a set http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/relicanth.

Good luck with the team, make sure to browse through the threat list for NU a little bit so you have an idea of what you'll be going up against.

Hey thesynchrohero, I find your team interesting and it seems you've put a little thought into this team but there's a few things that you could definitely change to improve the synergy and potentially make this a better team.

The first thing that I would say is, seeing as you're using Phione, why not make this a rain team? All you would need to do is replace Phione's Cell Battery with a Damp Rock and you're good to go. As Phione tends to last a while, you're probably going to be able to set up the rain more than once just with him.

If you do decide to go for this, your Emolga would be able to run Thunder instead of Thunderbolt as it has 100% accuracy in the rain and is significantly more powerful. However, something to note so that Magmar's STAB will be reduced in power by the rain, so it may be better to use something else. Seeing as you're using Emolga, I'm tempted to suggest you use Wartortle, as it can spin away rocks (which would hurt Emolga a lot) as well as bait Electric type attacks to get you your Motor Drive boost. Seeing as your team seems mostly bulky, you would definitely benefit from Rapid Spin.

Finally, your Grotle is not really necessary - especially with rain up. Bastiodon is unlikely to be unable to get Rocks up as it has Sturdy, and the Rain will make Synthesis heal you for less. Because of this, and the removal of Magmar, I'm going to suggest you use either Life Orb Articuno, Choice Scarf Articuno or Choice Band Armaldo. Both are fairly bulky and can do a lot of damage to an opposing team in the rain.

Changes:

• Change Phione's item to Damp Rock.
  • Change TBolt on Emolga to Thunder.
  • Change Magmar for a Wartortle, with the following set (use whatever EVs / Nature you prefer)

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish
-Rain Dance
-Scald / Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic

• Change Grotle to any of the following:

Articuno @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
EVs: 252SAtk / 4SDef / 252Spe
-Hurricane
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-Roost

Articuno @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
-Hurricane
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-U-Turn

Armaldo @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252Atk / 4Def / 252Spe
-Superpower
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail / X-Scissor

If you don't want to go for a full-on rain team it seems the other posters have that covered.

Hope this helped!

Hey thesynchrohero, I find your team interesting and it seems you've put a little thought into this team but there's a few things that you could definitely change to improve the synergy and potentially make this a better team.

The first thing that I would say is, seeing as you're using Phione, why not make this a rain team? All you would need to do is replace Phione's Cell Battery with a Damp Rock and you're good to go. As Phione tends to last a while, you're probably going to be able to set up the rain more than once just with him.

If you do decide to go for this, your Emolga would be able to run Thunder instead of Thunderbolt as it has 100% accuracy in the rain and is significantly more powerful. However, something to note so that Magmar's STAB will be reduced in power by the rain, so it may be better to use something else. Seeing as you're using Emolga, I'm tempted to suggest you use Wartortle, as it can spin away rocks (which would hurt Emolga a lot) as well as bait Electric type attacks to get you your Motor Drive boost. Seeing as your team seems mostly bulky, you would definitely benefit from Rapid Spin.

Finally, your Grotle is not really necessary - especially with rain up. Bastiodon is unlikely to be unable to get Rocks up as it has Sturdy, and the Rain will make Synthesis heal you for less. Because of this, and the removal of Magmar, I'm going to suggest you use either Life Orb Articuno, Choice Scarf Articuno or Choice Band Armaldo. Both are fairly bulky and can do a lot of damage to an opposing team in the rain.

Changes:

• Change Phione's item to Damp Rock.
  • Change TBolt on Emolga to Thunder.
  • Change Magmar for a Wartortle, with the following set (use whatever EVs / Nature you prefer)

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish
-Rain Dance
-Scald / Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic

• Change Grotle to any of the following:

Articuno @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Hurricane
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-Roost

Articuno @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
-Hurricane
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-U-Turn

Armaldo @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252Atk / 4Def / 252Spe
-Superpower
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail / X-Scissor

If you don't want to go for a full-on rain team it seems the other posters have that covered.

Hope this helped!
In my opinion you can use the standard Armaldo set and switch Wartortle to a better rain sweeper like Ludicolo because it never does anything but spinning. Ludicolo can also set up Rain Dance reliably, atleast for itself. I have trouble seeing why Emolga should be used over Rotom-S and why you're using that Bastiodon set. You should just change Bastiodon to 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def Careful.

In case you're a little confused:
SD Armaldo > Grotle
Ludicolo > Magmar
Rotom-S > Emolga
Bastiodon should use Max HP, Max SpD, 4 Def and Careful Nature.

Set(s)
Armaldo @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Trait: Battle Armor / Swift Swim
EVs: 128 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor / Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hope it works out!

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Guys, this is a RATE my team, not a REMAKE my team. If you have to replace 3 or more Pokemon or change the entire theme of the team, then something is wrong. Despite that, I have to agree with any post that recommends replacing Emolga and Grotle (Phione as well though replacing the item is a higher priority). If this was supposed to be a Rain team, it would have been created as a Rain team.

If you really want a rate, I'll give you a few options that don't completely change your team, but it will still require you to upgrade a couple of Pokes. First, from the top: Amoonguss has no reason to use HP Flying over Sludge Bomb. Sludge Bomb does more to Fighting types thanks to STAB and it still does absolutely nothing to Steel types that wall you. Bastiodon definitely should have a Specially Defensive Spread, and I even would say that Magic Coat would be more useful than Earthquake/Iron Head/Stone Edge. BTW, saying that Bastiodon hard counters Corsola makes it harder for most raters to take you seriously, since Corsola has a very small niche in the first place.

Emolga is definitely better off being replaced by Scarf Rotom-S. Sure, it lacks a good ability, but it is a great revenge killer. It's in the mold of Emolga, but just far superior. Magmar can then replace Choice Scarf with Life Orb. I also recommend HP Grass over Electric since Seismitoad is more common than Mantine. Flamethrower becomes uneccesary unless you desperately need the accuracy and PP; Substitute becomes a far more useful option to block status and buffer attacks.

For Phione, Cell Battery has GOT TO GO! There are many better items for that slot, the best of which are Damp Rock and Leftovers. Damp Rock is the better item for the extended Rain turns, despite this not being a Rain based team. Next, Acid Armor is not really that great, nor is your EV spread using Phione to its fullest effect. Defensive boosts are hardly ever used because they do not provide any protection against status and they are ignored by critical hits. More importantly, you need to boost many times in order to become virutally unbreakable physically, and you are still vulnerable to powerful special attackers. U-turn with a physically defensive EV spread is more useful for providing momentum, as well as to bring in the next Pokemon I am going to recommend.

If you are going to have Phione, then you need at least one Pokemon to take advantage of the Rain, or else you are better off with a different Water type. Ludicolo and Seismitoad both fit this role perfectly; one can replace Grotle easily with them. Both have some advantages and disadvantages for your team that I will list. Ludicolo makes it so that your team is well protected against Gorebyss. It has good overall bulk (less than Grotle but far superior in offensive power and can actually carry Leftovers or Life Orb). It does make you slightly weaker to Braviary, but you should still be able to deal with it with some switching around between Bastiodon, Rotom-S and Amonguss. Seismitoad makes it so that you have no trouble with Rotom-S (who can hurt most of your current team and Trick Bastiodon). You also have a better time taking Banded Emboar's attacks (it only needs Flare Blitz and Superpower to break holes in your team with some decent prediction). Fire types in general don't threaten you as much anymore either. A bonus is that neither Pokemon need to have Swift Swim to take advantage of the Rain, so they can use the bulkier movesets that you seem to like as well. Ludicolo has Rain Dish to make either an offensive tank or a SubSeeder; Seismitoad has Water Absorb for amazing utitlity.

All these changes should bring out the best potential of your team. This will probably let you at least try and battle the top players of the tier (of which I am not) more effectively. Regardless, these changes will at least stand up to other players in higher level play.

Changes:
Amoonguss: Sludge Bomb>HP Flying
Bastiodon: Special Defensive set>whatever you consider your set right now
Magmar: Life Orb set>Choice Scarf
Phione: Damp Rock set>Cell Battery
Scarf Rotom-S>Emolga
Seismitoad/Ludicolo>Grotle

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 200 HP / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Magic Coat/Earthquake

Magmar @ Life Orb
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Grass
- Substitute

Phione @ Damp Rock
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Rest
- U-turn

Rotom-S @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Ice
- Trick/Hidden Power Ice

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance/Focus Blast

OR

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power Ice/Rain Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power

While I don't understand WHY you have posted this team a THIRD time, I do acknowledge that you have at least increased your descriptions somewhat (we'll see what the mods think I guess). I'm still not sure what you are trying to do with this team (I assumed bulky offense) and I don't approve of the gimmicks you were using. A single gimmick is more than enough in a competitive team, unless you are testing out a set (in which case you shouldn't really be making a RMT about it). That being said, if you replace those gimmicks with even a few of the recommendations I or another rater made (except Lousy918 :pirate:), I can see this team being rather solid in the current NU metagame (a nice thing is that you have a good amount of Pokes that can escape the clutches of Shadow Tag Gothitelle). Still, next time you make a RMT, please leave out the large number of gimmicks if you can. It makes raters more eager to rate. :pimp:

Lol WhiteDMist is right, we went a little crazy on the whole rain idea. Make sure you read all the sets in his post though because some of your "custom" sets are really not working that well. Also, please consider Rotom over Emolga because A) It really is better and B) It gives you the possibility to use a more powerful set on Magmar to make sure it isn't dead weight or anything. But yeah, after these changes the team looks solid. Hopefully it will work better on the ladder. :)

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
Aren't changeable huh? If you aren't going to take (or even listen to) earnest advice, then why bother posting a RMT? If you have a logical argument for why you don't want to change something, that is understandable. But without giving a reason, it just makes you seem petty and unreasonable. You also haven't acknowledged any of the other points about team theme, nor about the fact that this is the same RMT you have already posted (and had locked) twice. ChaoticaMortis is right, show some respect for the NU tier, and the RMT section if you want us to respect you back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)