move 1: Spikes
move 2: Explosion
move 3: Taunt / Aqua Jet
move 4: Waterfall
nature: Jolly
item: Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set's main focus is to set up as many layers of Spikes as possible. With 295 Speed, Qwilfish will often be able to set up at least one layer of Spikes and then explode, ideally against the opponent's Spinner. Waterfall allows Qwilfish to break Focus Sashes before using Explosion and acts as a reliable STAB move. Taunt and Aqua Jet both work well on this set for very different purposes. Taunt allows you to reliably stop an opponent from setting up with bulky leads such as Omastar, Cloyster, and Rhyperior. Aqua Jet allows you to beat Moltres and Alakazam more reliably. Taunt is recommended because you cannot get Spikes up against Moltres and Alakazam and still beat them, so it's often better to have a reliable switch-in; however, keep in mind that they are both quite difficult to switch into.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Qwilfish works well with Pokemon who appreciate Spikes early game. Moltres and Swellow are good examples of effective Spikes abusers because they hit hard without requiring any set up. Qwilfish also works well with bulky Stealth Rock Pokemon that can use Explosion to nail Rapid Spinners. Regirock and Registeel both fill this niche because they can both set up Stealth Rock and explode.</p>

<p>Since Qwilfish isn't going to last longer than a few turns, a Ghost-type to block Rapid Spin is required. As far as spinblockers go, Spiritomb is an effective partner because it beats Alakazam and Mismagius, who can Taunt Qwilfish to prevent it from setting up Spikes and beat it with Psychic and Thunderbolt, respectively. Mismagius also works well because it has Taunt to beat Foresight Hitmontop.</p>

i'd probably give taunt its own slot without slashes to guarantee bulky stuff can't set up on you. then most likely aqua jet / waterfall since you are going to be using spikes 99% of the time, and aqua jet can break a sash as you die or revenge something later.

one potential problem this might cause is that qwilfish will have three (!) spiker sets, including this lead set, an hp/atk offensive mid-game spiker, and an hp/def/sdef bulky spiker. i think these can potentially be combined into a bulky spiker and an offensive spiker set, with the focus of the offensive spiker being placed on its use in the lead slot as a suicide lead since that is where it is the most effective without defensive investment.

after we figure out its moves + what to do with all the sets i'll definitely stamp this though.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think we should remove "Spikes Support" on site and replace it with this one. The current EV spread listed on site is not that great to be honest, if you want to aim for accumulating more Spikes on the field with a bulky spread then just use the Bulky Spiker listed in the site, which is a fantastic set by the way.

i'd probably give taunt its own slot without slashes to guarantee bulky stuff can't set up on you. then most likely aqua jet / waterfall since you are going to be using spikes 99% of the time, and aqua jet can break a sash as you die or revenge something later.
Well it's just personal preference: would you rather stop Omastar and co from setting up, or would you rather 2HKO Moltres and co.

If only I had a badge to approve this...I used this before the switch when everyone was "done" with the suspects. It has a little bit of surprise factor and it works pretty effectively. I used it before Jabba. =P The popularity will probably be credited to him when this bitch pops up everywhere though. xD The only thing that bugged me was the predictability of explosion. I mean it's a fantastic move imo, but it's just so predictable. I guess it's fine though since it is a suicide lead.

provided we figure out whats going on with the future 3x spiker sets. an offensive one (this one) and a bulky one works best imo.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Content looks good...time for a grammar check

[SET]
name: Suicide Lead

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set's main focus is to set up as many layers of Spikes as possible. With 295 Speed, Qwilfish will often be able to set up at least one layer of Spikes and then explode, ideally against the opponent's Spinner. Waterfall allows Qwilfish to break the opponent's Focus Sash before using Explosion, and provides a reliable STAB move. Taunt and Aqua Jet both work well on this set for very different purposes. Taunt allows you to reliably stop the opponent from setting up with bulky leads such as Omastar, Cloyster, and Rhyperior, while Aqua Jet allows you to beat Moltres and Alakazam more reliably. Taunt is recommended because you cannot get Spikes up against Moltres and Alakazam and still beat them, so it's often better to have a reliable switch-in; however, keep in mind that they are both quite difficult to switch into due to their powerful special attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Qwilfish works well with Pokemon who appreciate Spikes early game. Moltres and Swellow are good examples of this because they hit hard without requiring much set up. Qwilfish also works well with bulky Stealth Rock Pokemon who can use Explosion to nail the Rapid Spinner. Regirock and Registeel both fill this niche because they can both invest in Speed, set up Stealth Rock, and explode.</p>

<p>Since Qwilfish isn't going to last longer than a few turns, a Ghost-type to block Rapid Spin is required. As far as Spin blockers go, Spiritomb is an effective partner because it beats Alakazam and Mismagius, who can come in and beat Qwilfish down after they Taunt it. Mismagius also works well because it has Taunt to beat Foresight Hitmontop.</p>

Cool stuff, I agree with others that this could probably replace one of the other Spikes sets that is currently on-site. I'm with franky on taking down Spikes Support, the EV spread is meh

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
[SET]
name: Suicide Lead

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set's main focus is to set up as many layers of Spikes as possible. With 295 Speed, Qwilfish will often be able to set up at least one layer of Spikes and then explode, ideally against the opponent's Spinner. Waterfall allows Qwilfish to break Focus Sashes before using Explosion and acts as a reliable STAB move. Taunt and Aqua Jet both work well on this set for very different purposes. Taunt allows you to reliably stop an opponent from setting up with bulky leads such as Omastar, Cloyster, and Rhyperior. Aqua Jet allows you to beat Moltres and Alakazam more reliably. Taunt is recommended because you cannot get Spikes up against Moltres and Alakazam and still beat them, so it's often better to have a reliable switch-in; however, keep in mind that they are both quite difficult to switch into.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Qwilfish works well with Pokemon who appreciate Spikes early game. Moltres and Swellow are good examples of effective Spikes abusers because they hit hard without requiring any set up. Qwilfish also works well with bulky Stealth Rock Pokemon that can use Explosion to nail Rapid Spinners. Regirock and Registeel both fill this niche because they can both invest in Speed[I don't get this part; they never invest in Speed], set up Stealth Rock, and explode.</p>

<p>Since Qwilfish isn't going to last longer than a few turns, a Ghost-type to block Rapid Spin is required. As far as spinblockers go, Spiritomb is an effective partner because it beats Alakazam and Mismagius, who can Taunt Qwilfish to prevent it from setting up Spikes and beat it with Psychic and Thunderbolt, respectively. Mismagius also works well because it has Taunt to beat Foresight Hitmontop.</p>

GP Check 1/2

just checked Eo's check; only thing I found is that you should change "explode" to "Explode" (last word of the second to last paragraph).

GP Check 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)