Rain Dance Team [UU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, T_T.

I thought, why not a Rain Dance Team for UU. I played OU all the time until now, cuz I think the Pkm in UU are much more interesting. Its for Shoddy btw.
Well, here's my team:

Bibarel pic comes soon.

@ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Ang / 252 Def

~ Stealth Rock
~ Thunderwave
~ Waterfall
~ Super Fang

Well, Bibarel is doing rly good atm... he ALWAYS got to the point of Thunder Waving and SRing. Thanks to Forsetry for suggesting a that good moveset :D

@ Life Orb/Damp Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe ( Adamant )

~ Rain Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Poison Jab
~ Cross Chop

I personally think, that this Pkm is very useless in my team.... I chose Poison Jab cuz it has 30 % for poisoning and cuz its STAB. Sucker Punch for Ghost Pkm as Rotom and Cross Chop for Type Coverage.

@ Choice Specs
EVs: 130HP / 252 Spd / 128 SpA ( Modest )

~ Shadow Ball
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Psychic

My Specser. With Swift Swim, she also gets enough Speed to outspeed lotsa Pkm. Moves are obvious so no explanations.

@ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe ( Timid )

~ Sub
~ Thunder
~ Overheat
~ HP [Grass]

My other Special Sweeper. Thunder cuz of Rain, Overheat against Grass ( if it dusn Rain ). HP [Grass] for Bulky Waters like Quagsire.

@Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD ( Calm )

~ Rest
~ Rain Dance
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf

Gosh... cant do anything but Rain Dancing with him.

@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def ( Relaxed )

~ Curse
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic / Yawn / Sub

My Bulky Water. Waterfall and Earthquake as STABs. Ima trying a Curse Set. I hope it works.
Not sure of last spot.

So all in all, thats it. I think I like a Special Staller. Its my first real UU Team so there could be some big mistakes ( I dun hope so though ). Ima from Germany, so my English may not be as good as others.

T_T!

In general, I like to use Trick Room Rain Dance UU teams, because of the oh-soo dangerous Clamperl. Consider this, as with a Quiet nature and its item, combined with Surf and Rain Dance, you can easily sweep.

Ampharos also excels on such teams, SubPunching and using STAB Thunder. Possibly a SD Crawdaunt with a Brave nature and maybe a mixed sweeper set.

However, if you want to stick with a speedier Rain Dance team, may I suggest Persian? It is a great addition to any team, and can put a pokemon to sleep for you as a lead.

Ty for your suggestions:

To Clamperl: Sounds interesting, maybe I'll definitely try it.

To Ampharos: Hum, SubPunching Ampharos is always fine. But I dont like the Pkm that much.. its kinda slow.

To Crawdaunt: Well, Crawdaunt is slow too, but I like it so I'll try it in my next games.

To Persian: I had him in my last "not-so-good" UU-Team. It did pretty well, but i think its too "common".

Ty again.

btw: Anyone knows where most UU games are played.. I dont see any in Official at all.

You usually will just have to play against OUs, but I would rather just search on the Wifi forum for someone to battle, as most Rain Dance UU teams will just be ripped in shreds in OU with the omnipresent sandstorm.

btw: Anyone knows where most UU games are played.. I dun see any in Official at all.
I can only suggest that you weren't looking in the right place, or online at the right time, because at several points yesterday there were a number of battlers listed under the UU tab on Shoddy.

This teams for Shoddy. But ur right with the statement that it gets pwned by OU Teams. Just played a few and just could win 1.. Rotom pwned =D

Quagsire-
Waterfall > Surf and Substitute > Protect. Abit harder to use but you get alot more mileage out of it as it blocks opposing status. Bit of a necessity if your planning to use this to fight other bulky Pokemon. Your other option is simply use Curse, Cursesire is quite a underestimated threat that actually holds its own in OU too.

Gorebyss-
You don't need that much speed unless you're planning to even outspeed other Rain Dancers, put some back into HP. Only time you run a 252/252 is if you use Modest Gorebyss to give it special attack equal to a base 130. Gorebyss actually has durability don't waste it, actually I imagine it could do fine if you simply ran Modest HP130, 252 Spd , 128 S.atk.

Dewgong-
Needs bulk, not speed. Spread those speed EV's between special defense and defense.

Manectric-
LO Manectric is better with Overheat. Less hits means less LO recoil and it OHKO's most grass types anyway.

Toxicroak-
Cross Chop > Earthquake. Fighting/Dark hits everything except Heracross for neutral.

Wow, Thank You.

This suggestions were really helpful. I used most of them.

To Dewgong: I falsely wrote Spe instead of SpA, shall I still make it bulkier, because it isnt actually there to sweep.

to Quagsire: I <3 Curse. So I'll try it. May work =D

to Toxi: Ur right, better coverage --> better for me.

to Manectric: I'll try Overheat. It rly seems better with Life Orb.

to Gorebyss: There wont be that much Swift Swimmers I guess so I'll use ur EV Spread.. looks fine..

Thank you again. Awesome =D

Originally Posted by Fat Albatross2KO

You usually will just have to play against OUs, but I would rather just search on the Wifi forum for someone to battle, as most Rain Dance UU teams will just be ripped in shreds in OU with the omnipresent sandstorm.
Wow, are you serious???? I use 2 UUs on my OU rain dance team, and it almost never loses to sandstorms. Tyranitar and Hippo don't like Life Orbed Surfs and Waterfalls do they?

Ok, on to the team.

My first suggestion would be to get some stealth rocks, as residual damage is always appreciated, especially on rain dance teams with their high-powered offense. Consider adding Steelix or another stealth rocker somewhere.

My second thought is that I feel Rotom and Manectric are a little out of place, although Thunder is sex in the rain, you won't need both of them. I would drop one of them.

Toxicroak is a very promising pokemon with several different threating movesets, and i think the one you chose actually doesn't hit very hard, even with life orb. I would experiment with different sets such as Nasty Plot or Swords Dance, and take advantage of the more significant boost in power.

Since Dewgong is your sturdy dancer, I would recommend an even more defensive spread. Try reallocating those Sp Atk EVs into defenses.

My last pokemon to help you out with is Gorebyss. I understand that this is supposed to fill a sweeping role, but it can't do it with Choice Specs, despite its massive power. Why? Water Absorb is everywhere on UU. I would consider Life Orb, or even another Swift Swimmer such as Kabutops or Quilfish (who can absorb T-spikes, yay!).

My main suggestion is to weigh some of these options and experiment which group can work the best. Testing it against OU will also help your familiarity and skill with your UU team.

Thanks!

I'll try some of these later...

by the way, anyone knows which Pkm to use as a lead? I cant decide =/

edit: I dont also like Steelix because I nearly saw in every of my ( few ) UU-Games, another suggestion for a Pkm with SR ? :-o

Technically Bibarel can Stealth Rock and it fits the theme here by benefitting from Rain without bringing too many weaknesses. It deals with bulky Pokemon quite well too since it can Super Fang them. Unaware combined with that lets it beat stat up Clefable quite easily and negates SD Scyther.

Bibarel@Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave
-Headbutt/Super Fang
-Waterfall

Something like that could wreck havoc with an opponent and bring some support to your team. You'd obviously need a more defensive spread for it to work. Paraflinch hax is extremely deadly with a boosted Waterfall or STAB Headbutt, but Super Fang would be great for taking a chunk out of the stronger walls out there.

Also Raikoulover has a point, Rotom doesn't really need Thunder since its the starter here I assume.

After all these suggestions, I used some, and they worked kinda good I guess. I had 10 battles, won 5 and lost 5, all against teams with OU-Pokemon. But I still dont know if this is good or not. So I wanted to tell you what my team was like:

Toxicroak: Wow, he cant do much. Only thing he CAN do is kill Lead-Gengars,Azelfs and Simsalas ( if they use an attack of course)... but if there's another Lead, I can just Rain Dance and he dies.

Quagsire: Truly one of my best Pkm, Curse-Set pwns with him.. I once swept a whole team with him. And i am happy with him.

Gorebyss: Since it has Life Orb, its getting better every time I play with him. With Rain Dance, he sweeps alot =O.

Dewgong: I am absolutely not happy with him. He does Rain Dance - and dies.. well I think I could need a more useless Pokemon here.

Manectric: Hum, he's useful sometimes, but sometimes, he isnt.. I dunno what to say about him

Bibarel: Wow he pwns... Paraflinch killed Bliss =d. I luv him.

So I hope someone can help me here.

Hmm, just a few quick suggestions.

You could try Phione as an alternative for Dewgong. It's a littles less bulkier than the latter, but lacks the horrible weaknesses of part Ice-typing and has access to Grass Knot. It's up to you, really.

Honestly, I think Toxicroak is much to frail to Rain Dance, so you're probably better off replacing that for something like Substitute while giving him Black Sludge for an item (though you can keep the Life Orb for power, if you so desire). If it happens to be raining, Black Sludge and Dry Skin can offer some nice recovery, especially after just substituting.

Finally, I think you should try and add Kabutops (I'm surprised most people don't realize he's only UU) somewhere. I'm not sure on the numbers, but if it's raining, I think he might be able to out-speed and OHKO Azelf with X-Scissor. Waterfall/Aqua Jet and Stone Edge also offer good coverage coupled with STAB, and he gets Night Slash as well, I believe, for Gengar.

I'd agree with replacing Dewgong. Phione as mentioned is your best option if you want to keep HydroRest.

Poliwrath is actually a better setup however, since its extremely bulky, gets great resistances and can Hypnosis too for a safe setup. It learns Refresh as well so can take status to an extent. Something like Hypnosis/Rain Dance/Refresh/Brick Break.

However I should also point out you have a major fighting and grass weakness and it might be better to pick a RD starter who covers your weaknesses.

Rain Dance Rotom over Manectric wouldn't be bad so you keep your electric and deal with fighting weakness.

RD Mr. Mime over Dewgong wouldn't be a bad idea option either, its got some heavy special defense so grass attacks wouldn't bother you much. Filter also ensures your not adding any new weaknesses and it gets a massive support movepool. Oh and resists Fighting.

Hmm, just a few quick suggestions.

You could try Phione as an alternative for Dewgong. It's a littles less bulkier than the latter, but lacks the horrible weaknesses of part Ice-typing and has access to Grass Knot. It's up to you, really.

Honestly, I think Toxicroak is much to frail to Rain Dance, so you're probably better off replacing that for something like Substitute while giving him Black Sludge for an item (though you can keep the Life Orb for power, if you so desire). If it happens to be raining, Black Sludge and Dry Skin can offer some nice recovery, especially after just substituting.

Finally, I think you should try and add Kabutops (I'm surprised most people don't realize he's only UU) somewhere. I'm not sure on the numbers, but if it's raining, I think he might be able to out-speed and OHKO Azelf with X-Scissor. Waterfall/Aqua Jet and Stone Edge also offer good coverage coupled with STAB, and he gets Night Slash as well, I believe, for Gengar.

I agree with the whole Phione idea. And also agree with the Kabutops thing as well. Kabutops can be deadly on teams. If you run it with Swords dance/waterfall/stone edge/return in the rain this thing sweeps. everything. lol. Swords dance waterfall OHKO's everything! lol and a swords dance return can do 70% to a quagsire. But if you fighting more in OU i would say go with x-scissor/brick break instead of return. Whatever your preference.

Lengthen your descriptions - they are far too short. I realise that you aren't particularly fluent in German, but just try your best. There's a lack of the actual move "Rain Dance" which is quite odd for a "Rain Dance" team.

I suggest testing Uxie as your lead, as it can come in several times and set up Rain Dance. If you'd prefer Bibarel, I suggest having Rain Dance on that set with it holding Damp Rock or Lefties. Perhaps it could go over Thunder Wave?

Toxicroak seems to be one of your physical sweepers so it should probably be replaced with Kabutops. Kabutops benefits from the rain as it can shoot off extremely ppowerful Aqua Jets, Aqua Tails and Waterfalls. It also has decent bulk and its speed gets boosted pretty damn high due to the rain.

I recommend replacing Choice Specs on Gorebyss with Life Orb. As you'll be switching around a lot with it, you'll be wasting valuable Rain Dance time. Also, Shadow Ball isn't really needed on that set as you're pretty much OHKOing Alakazam with a boosted Surf anyway.

I'm not very familiar with Manectric so I'll leave that be for now.
Phione can be used in Dewgong's place, if you REALLY want a staller. If not, look for a bulky pokemon with Rain Dance.

I'll post sets in a later edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)