[Rain] I love the rain

Hello there !

After almost 2 years without building any team, I'm back in the game with this RMT which will make you meet my rain dance team.

The basic idea with this team is "beat everything to shreds as quick as possible". I'll admit my team is fairly classic, but I do think it's the case with all rain teams. Hopefully the next gen will allow more potent pokemon for us to consider in our rain teams with the new swift swimmers and new dream world abilities (drizzle... yummy)

I have been testing this team for 2-3 weeks now, and I'm pretty happy with its performance. This is also the first team I build which I also use in the real game.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, let's do this.

Crobat @ Damp rock
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Rain dance
- Taunt
- Brave bird
- U-turn

Obviously, this is my rain dance lead so Rain dance, Taunt, U-turn and Damp rock are quite self explanatory. Brave bird is here to hurt things like Machamp leads a lot. I really like this lead instead of Electrode or Azelf which I both tested because unlike the last, Crobat can come back multiple times in the game and doesn't serve the unique purpose of killing itself to put hazards on the field. I also found that Azelf wasn't quick enough (yeah) to assure me a beutiful rain in the beginning of the fight. In the case of Electrode, i found him to much frail and was basically me saying in the first turn of the fight "hello, as you can see it's a rain team". Taunt is also quite helpful against bulky waters like Vaporeon or Suicune that can ruin my strategy in the middle of a sweep.

Kabutops @ Life orb
Ability: Swift swim
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 204 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Sword dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua jet
- Stone edge

Classic OU Sword dance sweeper version of this terror of rain. It's here to finish the job, when it's pretty clear there is nothing in the opponent's team to counter it. Sword dance is a little difficult to place sometimes but it often doesn't need it at all. Kabutops is also a good revenge killer for certain cases where my opponent is already hurt, have a priority move or is weak to water. In these cases, Aqua jet is my best friend.

Ludicolo @ Life orb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Rain dance
- Surf
- Grass knot
- Ice beam

Kabutop's partner in crime. I generally wait a little to bring this thing in battle to assure me there will be nothing to counter it easily. If the opponent try to stop a Kingdra sweep by bringing a bulky water like Vaporeon or Suicune, I send this guy (or Rotom-W sometimes). Ludicolo also help me setting up the rain later in the fight if I know it will be walled and in this case, I sacrifice it in exchange of a Rain dance.

Kingdra @ Life orb
EVs: 208 Atk / 136 SpA / 164 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Signal beam
- Hydro pump
- Waterfall
- Draco meteor

This thing is a killer. No rain dance, no setting up, Kingdra is here in my team to come just after Crobat to make crazy big holes in the enemy and check if they have a bulky water which they will bring on the field most of the time against it. In this case, Draco meteor and swith to Ludicolo/Bronzong (explosion)/Rotom-W depending of the situation. Sometimes it needs nobody at all to defeat an entire team on his own.
Signal beam helps me to deal with Celebi, Starmie... and is often a surprise for the opponent which help me keep the battle in hand. The mixed set is also a blessing for me because it helps me dealing with walls who assume I'm only special/physical to switch.

Bronzong @ Damp rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
- Rain dance
- Stealth rock
- Reflect
- Explosion

The multi purpose Bronzong is a invaluable member of my team. It set up rain in the middle of the battle like no one, sometimes Stealth rock to spice things up, can serve to wall a little, switch in earthquakes, use Reflect then Explosion to allow Kabutops to do a Sword dance, explose on bulky water or walls face. I haven't encountered a lot of problems with this team, with the exception being if the opponent send a faster Kingdra than mine. In this case, Bronzong's explosion is really useful. Rain also prevents fire to totally ruins it.

Rotom-W @ Damp rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Rain dance
- Thunder
- Hydro pump
- Shadow ball

Rotom-W is here for critical situations as a support. I often don't have to use it but it's really helpful to set up 8 fresh turns of rain when Bronzong and Crobat are dead, or to switch in a fight move or an earthquake. It's also good to deal with bulky waters which I hate. In some battles, it can make a little unexpected rampage on its own with STAB unmissable Thunder and rain boosted Hydro Pump.

And voila ! I would like to have feed backs on my team, any suggestion to help me to improve it will be very appreciated.

Thanks everybody, see you on Pokemon Lab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)