Rain. My first time RMT

Hello , I'm called Easer,I wanted to try a more stally rain team, I dont usually do RMts but I had so many ideas on this one I decided to. I am open to all changes .

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic /Spikes

To lay down spikes stealth rocks , also has a good amount of resistances for switch ins.
It can toxic and wear down the opponent and can be use to not wear out politoed for the weather war

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 60 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 192 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Toxic

Vaporeon can sponge huge special hits and with rain up can dish back huge scalds with a high burn rate and this is what I use her for. It can also use ice beam on the dragons present in the Ou tier.
Roar and toxic along with its defenses allow me to use vaporeon to phaze and damage.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Hurricane
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite, A good pokemon when my team is lacking in physical attackers, mostly do to my mainly special attacking walls, Well, using wits, I have to try to keep physical walls to a minimum, of course my own walls do this but dragonite is a beast and I love to use it, hurricane for grass types , outrage for killing things earthquake for coverage and espeed for the best priority.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song
- Scald

Standard defensive politoed, with this variant I try to stay alive as long as I can , and it is very effective at that. It can also shoot out very huge powered Hydro Pumps with stab and rain, and has utility in Encore and PS

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 228 SDef / 248 HP / 32 Spd
Calm Nature
- Water Pulse
- Thunder
- Substitute
- Wish

Jirachi is useful for its resistances , it also packs a great ability , a move Ive been wanting to use, in water pulse, and great stats from a legendary poke. This set uses 2 rain helped moved with standard jirachi stuff to achieve the goal of walling things and hitting back.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The main sweeper on the team, usually finishing the job with dragonite or one of the walls, it has various moves for a good coverage and a scarf so I can outspeed things at the end , Usually with a move that can hit all things nuetrally if I played the game well, I am also considering switching this for dual stab + agil plot but I do not want to lose the speed and coverage, I am considering it.

When It comes to defenses, The team has a widespread base to absorb moves and switch in on many of the threats in OU,

It has been a long day , and night, and tomorrow I ill edit this and put in some figures on how the team deals more with the metagame, or if it winds up failing completely after maybe some dumb luck yesterday and today

EDIT: sorry adding pictures kinda spread out the text a bit , but I think its an improvement reading wise

EDIT2: Slightly Updated Version

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

-Changed to fortress because it still keeps my resistances good, and even adds one, and allows me to rapid spin for dragonite support

-------------------

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 4 SAtk / 192 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Toxic

- I now switch between vape and this

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 4 SAtk / 192 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

---------------------

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Hurricane
- Roost
- ExtremeSpeed

-Gave dnight roost, still not too keen on making it the rain tank set, for 2 reasons, I need some type of physical attack, and already have 4 walls, and I need something to attack alongside thundurus

-----------------------

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam

-Scald changed to ice beam

-------------------------

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Wish

-Changed from Waterpulse to Psyshock , and sub to CM, still working on the Evs here, but will be putting some into def

-----------------------------

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Changed Grass Knot , into Volt Switch

Last edited:
Ferrothorn should just use the standard spread, it really helps for overall survivabilty.
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD with Relaxed Nature for reference.
And Ferrothorn should have Spikes over Toxic, Ferrothorn has plenty of time laying Spikes, it would be a waste if you're not using it.

I'll give a Pokémon that reliably spreads Toxic:

Change Vaporeon to:
Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Jellicent is way better than Vaporeon as a wall, it has a good secondary type in Ghost which gives it nice resistances(not to mention immunity to Rapid Spin). Usually, Jellicent will use a physically defensive spread but since your Vaporeon is a special wall, might as well give Jellicent a specially defesive spread. And you already have good physicall wall in Ferrothorn and Politoed. Lack of phazing move might hurt but Jellicent is really way better as a wall.

Gender Male because... Badass mustache

Dragonite has Leftovers but that will be rarely useful because you have neither Rapid Spin support or a and set-up move, just give it Lum Berry or Expert Belt, the former gives a buffer to status moves that ruins its wallbreaking potential and the latter gives a little boost to some attacks.

That's all of my suggestions. :) :3

Maybe, I'll try giving more when I have time. Because I can see there are still some things that needs improvement. Other RMT raters, where art thou? lol xD

Asleep. Anyways my very short comment.
Lack of a spinner really just makes dnite sad. He gets pummeled on impact in and doesn't get to use multiscale (super sad face :( )
Also scald or hydro pump (since he's defensive you choose) on Politoed may be better off being ice beam

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey, nice team.

So, this seems like a Defensive Rain team based around hazards & wearing down the opponent in order to get a late-game sweep with Thundurus-T. However, as with every team, you have some huge flaws that prevent your team from doing what it wants to do & that's what my rate is going to do, make it better than it already can be. Alright, let's get onto my rate. First & most importantly, I'd change your current Dragonite set to a Rain Tank Set. This Dragonite set excels in Rain, while also maintaining the bulk & offensive power, while Roosting off any Stealth Rock damage it may take. Another thing that this Dragonite set does is take care of several threats to Rain teams, mainly Ferrothorn, Toxicroak, & even other Dragonite. Moving on with your team, I'd suggest switching around your Politoed set a little. I'd recommend running Protect & Toxic over your choices of Hydro Pump & Encore. Protect & Toxic actually go hand in hand with each other, as with Toxic, you get to cripple several threats, while also forcing switches with Perish Song & racking up huge amounts of passive damage, wearing down the opponent slowly until you can grab a late-game sweep with your Scarf user of choice. Moving on with your team, I would definitely go with a Wish + Calm Mind set on your Jirachi over your current set. Jirachi is arguably the most reliable Wish passer in the OU meta, & this set works phenomenally, due to the balanced/defensive nature of your team, as it can support your team by healing itself & it's teammates. Not only that, but Jirachi can also sweep with this set, while obviously reliably healing itself with Wish. Finally, I'd suggest running Volt Switch over Grass Knot on your Thundurus-T. Volt Switch is an excellent STAB move that helps you get out of a sticky situation. Well, that's all I have to say for this team. I hope my advice helped. Have fun & good luck in your future endeavours!

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psyshock

Dragonite
: Current Set ---------------> Rain Tank Set

Politoed
: Hydro Pump & Encore -> Toxic & Protect

Jirachi
: Current Set --------------------> Wish + CM

Thundurus-T
: Grass Knot -> Volt Switch

~Dr Ciel

Wow thanks for all the input , Most of the changes i like , and will be using, some I know are good , like jelly over vape, and for that change will make 2 versions of the team, mostly because vapeoreon is one of my favs and one of the reasons I made this team.

I will also change jirachi around, use v switch as sugested , change polli, and change the dnight set ,The lack of spinner does suck but there isnt much room on the team would putting fortress over ferro be a good idea to get rapid spin?

also if I make dnight the rain tank set , I wont have any real way to break a def wall ?

Why don't you have Rest on Vaporeon? The only thing Vaporeon has over jellicent, in my eyes, is abusing hydration. Maybe sub Rest over Ice Beam, for some better recovery. Seriously, if you're not using Rest on vaporeon, just run something else, because that's why it still has a niche in OU.

Also, why substitute on Jirachi? If you're not abusing Calm Mind, then Protect/Iron head/U-turn would be a better option over it. Stealth Rock is also a nice choice, as that lets you free up a slot on Ferrothorn, so you can put Power Whip on it. That could help prevent bulky waters from completely walling it.

As for dragonite, consider the following:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry/Life Orb/Expert Belt/Leftovers
Mild Nature
76 Atk/252 SpA/180 Spd
Hurricane
Superpower/Aqua Tail
Thunder
ExtremeSpeed/Earthquake/Roost

I guess that dragonite would be a bit better than some suggesting that I have no physical attacker no the team,
the jirachi was just because I liked the moves and wanted to use them But yeah I actually did change Jirachi if you look at the updated team and also use Jellicent on that as well, tho vaporeon with changes is still great , it one of my favorite pokes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)