Rain without the toads

Rain without the toads

Introduction
Hi, this is my first RMT, I've been in competitive pokemon for a while now, and have made this team from learning. I think this team has been amazing for me for the time I have been using it. I hope you enjoy it.

At a glance:

Team building process:

I knew for a fact I wanted a rain team, without the obvious Politoed. I decided Kingdra was a great pokemon to set rain, and then start the sweep. I can easily 2HKO Ttars, whilst stopping them from setting up, and manage most leads with this single pokemon.

Even though Kingdra has pretty good stats, I needed a block for the things that could get through. I instantly thought of Celebi. Great SpA, and speed, get a couple Nasty Plots off, and this Celebi will go off with a bang, literally. I've swept so many teams with just a single Nasty Plot, it's not funny...

With both a Water and Grass based pokemon, I figured I would have the perfect triangle, and added Fire, Volcarona. With these three pokemon alone, I can block almost every weakness they have, and offer support. I would consider these three pokemon the MVP's of my team, they have swept the most, and won me a lot of matches.

Alright, I decided I had three special attackers, and I would need a physical brute to knock down any Blisseys, or any steel types. I thought of SubpunchChamp, but that didn't work out to well when Gengars would come into play. I had to think... What could be a Physical brute, and still counter Gengar/Any Psychic type pokemon... then it came to me, SCRAFTY! He has GREAT defense and special defenses, with an amazing attack and speed, he also gets Dragon Dance, add that to Moxie, this thing is close to unbeatable.

So far, this team has been doing great, a few problems here and there, but nothing I couldn't handle. I've been seeing a few Dragonites, and Haxorus' around, and they have given me some trouble. I used this Latios in the past, and so far, it's still been doing great. Jolly Nature'd Latios will outspeed almost any dragon, and give coverage to Volo.

Last but not least, my trusty Omastar. This unique set has won me some pretty good matches, even though it's a bit weak after a Shell Smash, this thing can deliver some much-needed pain to my enemies.

Closer look

Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam

I'm not to sure on how many people use a set like this, but for me it works wonders. As soon as the match starts, if I feel safe enough against the enemy's lead, I will instantly Rain Dance, and then start pumping out my STAB Waterfalls. If a dragon/flying comes in I'll either Outrage or Ice beam then. This thing is an absolute beast when it comes to leading with RD.

Omastar (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Surf
- Ice Beam

This Omastar is also a (as far as I know) unique set. I will switch from Kingdra to this and Shell Smash one, and start offering the STAB Surf. Ice beam is for those pesky dragons that like to switch in thinking they're safe, and hidden power for other water types that think they can just sponge my attacks.

I'm sorta considering switching Omastar out for something else, I haven't decided or even began to think about a replacement, opinions/suggestions are welcomed.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Ah, Latios. This Latios covers almost all my other pokemon, and it takes hits like a boss. I don't carry Ice beam on this, because I can out speed most Dragonites, and hit them hard with a Draco Meteor. Psychic is for dark/ghost types that think they can switch in on me and kill me off. Thunderbolt to protect Kingdra/Omastar, and then Surf for pretty much everything else.

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty is an amazing sweeper. I love this thing to death, and he has great coverage. I DD as soon as he gets in, and then start Drain punching. not much more to say, I mean, this thing absolutely rocks everything except Terrakion, and then I could just switch to Latios to sponge the hit. Ice Punch for flying types/dragons, and then crunch for Ghost/Psychic types. Oh, and with Moxie, this thing blows almost everything out of the water. I usually use him as a late-game sweeper in push comes to shove.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 48 HP / 48 Def / 252 SAtk / 28 SDef / 124 Spd
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hmm, where to start. This thing can cover itself amazingly, with Bug buzz, HP Ground, and fiery dance, not much can stand up to this thing even after a single Quiver Dance. I wouldn't be stupid enough to send this thing out during rain, so I tend to wait until Rain is gone/any weatherman is out of the game to send this thing in. The only thing I hate about this thing, is SR beats the crap out of it ;/

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 127 HP / 252 SAtk / 127 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

My unique Nasty Plot Celebi. I have made people forfeit because of this thing just tearing their team apart. Since I have Life Orb, I chose to put Giga Drain on this so I can recover some, if not most of my health back. Shadow ball for Psychics, and Psychic for Ghost/dark types. I can't complain about this thing, it has been nothing but good for me.

Conclusion:
I would like to think this is my first actual competitive team, and so far I think it's great. I would love hear your opinions and suggestions you have for this team. Thank you for reading this

Importable
Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam

Omastar (F) @ Leftovers
- Shell Smash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 48 HP / 48 Def / 252 SAtk / 28 SDef / 124 Spd
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 127 HP / 252 SAtk / 127 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Your team overall is threatened by imposing weather. Flying types such as ScarfedRaptor could highly threaten it as well. Taunt users widely threaten your entire team. I'd strongly suggest that you change Scrafty's ability: Moxie>ShedSkin. Having DD and Moxie is nearly redundant as the Moxie ability will eventually become useless and, in having Moxie, Scrafty is left open to an uncurable burn status; hindering Scrafty's attacks.

Your team overall is threatened by imposing weather. Flying types such as ScarfedRaptor could highly threaten it as well. Taunt users widely threaten your entire team. I'd strongly suggest that you change Scrafty's ability: Moxie>ShedSkin. Having DD and Moxie is nearly redundant as the Moxie ability will eventually become useless and, in having Moxie, Scrafty is left open to an uncurable burn status; hindering Scrafty's attacks.
I like the suggestion for changing Scrafty's ability, I'll see how it does. As for the imposing weather threats, I try taking out all other weathermen before I start Rain Dance. Usually people lead with their Ttar, and if I'm lucky I OHKO, and then set up RD for the 3-5 turns Kingdra is still in the game.

Hey there! Nice unique team and I love it when people use Scrafty (it's my favorite Poke btw) and I think you should keep Moxie. Although Scrafty is slow, 252 speed evs with a Jolly nature will make Scrafty out speed Pokémon with a base 100 speed at best and Scrafty really only needs 1 DD to begin sweeping. If you do fear status conditions, give Scrafty a Lum Berry. Sure it's one time use but status conditions could happen when Scrafty sets up and Scrafty will instantly be cured. Also Moxie should be kept because Scrafty has a Base 90 Power and with Moxie, Scrafty will be a beast like you mentioned on your team. But if you want Shed Skin, at least give it a Life Orb so Scrafty can dish out some damage.
For Kingdra, run either Hasty or Naive over Jolly if you want Ice Beam, but personally Kingdra is better with Dragon Dance over Ice Beam as DD helps not only Kingdra's Speed but it helps to oomph its attack as well and in the rain too makes Kingdra a force to deal with. And give Kingdra a Damp Rock so you can have 8 turns of rain.
And one more thing, Dark types are immune to Psychic (you said this in your Celebi description).
Hope these help!

Hey there! Nice unique team and I love it when people use Scrafty (it's my favorite Poke btw) and I think you should keep Moxie. Although Scrafty is slow, 252 speed evs with a Jolly nature will make Scrafty out speed Pokémon with a base 100 speed at best and Scrafty really only needs 1 DD to begin sweeping. If you do fear status conditions, give Scrafty a Lum Berry. Sure it's one time use but status conditions could happen when Scrafty sets up and Scrafty will instantly be cured. Also Moxie should be kept because Scrafty has a Base 90 Power and with Moxie, Scrafty will be a beast like you mentioned on your team. But if you want Shed Skin, at least give it a Life Orb so Scrafty can dish out some damage.
For Kingdra, run either Hasty or Naive over Jolly if you want Ice Beam, but personally Kingdra is better with Dragon Dance over Ice Beam as DD helps not only Kingdra's Speed but it helps to oomph its attack as well and in the rain too makes Kingdra a force to deal with. And give Kingdra a Damp Rock so you can have 8 turns of rain.
And one more thing, Dark types are immune to Psychic (you said this in your Celebi description).
Hope these help!
Thanks! I will try out the suggestions! I have Shadow Ball on Celebi for that reason (I don't know why I said Psychic for Dark types, haha)

I'm very confused about those EV spreads on some of your Pokemon. For one thing, 124+124+252 only makes 500, so you have 8 more EVs to spread around with. Same thing for Celebi. 127+127+252 only makes 506, not to mention 127 isn't divisible by 4 so you're wasting 6 valuable EVs that could go into something else. And I'd like some more descriptions on that Volcarona spread, it just looks odd to me.

And your team is really weak to Scarf Landorus. It can U-turn on Latios and Celebi, deal lots of damage to Omastar with Earthquake, and revenge both Scarfty at low health and murder Volcarona with Stone Edge. The team also lacks a spinner for Volcarona, and considering how common Stealth Rock is, you really need a spinner and Volcarona would be more often that not, useless. And finally, you completely lack entry hazards or some way of setting them up. That means Dragonite and Volcarona (which are two threats where 1 turn of set up can be very fatal) can set up very easily. You sweepers can also benefit from Stealth Rocks as well.

There are multiple ways of accomplishing this. But having a Forretress is by far the easiest ways. And, your team could really use a Steel typing provided by Forretress. Scarf Landorus can't do anything to Forretress, and Forretress can both Spin and set up hazards. Forretress also has a niche in offensive teams thanks to its access to Volt Switch to preserve momentum. Kingdra, Latios, and Volcarona can all possibly either set up or easily switch in to wreak havoc on Fire attacks.

Forretress @Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpDef
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball/Volt Switch

Those moves on Celebi provide rather poor coverage. A moveset consisting Hidden Power Fire, Earth Power, and Giga Drain provides much better coverage against the likes of Steels and other things that would normally wall Grass types. That moveset causes many teams problems and they have difficulty dealing with it.

Hello,

I must say that this team is very original and has a huge potential. There just a few things that should be changed.First of all, you should change your Omastar for Kabutops. Kabutops can both Rapid spin the rocks which would help your Volcarona to sweep and stay in the game longer and Sweep very efficiently. Kabutops is a great swift swim abuser as well.
One thing i would also change is Psyshock>Psychic on Latios because with Psyshock you can 2/3HKO Chancey and Blissey also you can OHKO Virizion.

I Hope i helped.

The Kabutops set:
Kabutops Life Orb Swift Swim
Nature Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Rapid Spin
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Swords Dance/Aqua jet

If you want to give kabutops the role of an instant revenge killer then give him aqua jet, however, if you want him to be a sweeper give gim SD.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there. I saw your team and it is a good Rain Dance team, but I do see a lot of flaws. First, you don´t have Stealth Rock, which is a must because it keeps Dragonite & Volcarona at bay. Second, Volcarona is doing nothing for you in your team; you don´t even have a spinner & you use a standard set on a Rain team. Third, nothing on your team can take Specs Draco Meteor from Latios as it will kill one pokemon on your team when it comes.

I made a lot of changes on your team, so allow me to explain each and every one of them.

1) Changed EVs on Kingdra to 40 HP / 248 SAtk / 220 Spd with a Modest nature. 220 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Scarf Terrakion while the Sp.Atk EVs allows you to hit as hard as possible.
2) I backed up emirinho´s suggestion of Swords Dance Kabutops mainly because it is a way better sweeper than Omastar while having the ability to Rapid Spin rocks and hitting as hard as possible after a Swords Dance.
3) Changed Latios´ set to a standard Choice Specs set. It allows you to hit harder than Life Orb while it doesn´t dies from too much indirect damage. Trick might give you chances to set-up.
4) Replaced Scarfty with Scarf Metagross. Your team needed an efficient way to deal with opposing Latios since it can OHKO/2HKO anything on your team. Scarf Metagross takes advantage of Rain while it is able to tank Latios´ hits and trap him with Pursuit. 244 Speed EVs with Jolly, allows you to outspeed DD Dragonite at +1 and kill him first with Ice Punch.
5) Replaced Volcarona for Tornadus. A huge advantage Tornadus has is because of its ability Prankster, which allows him to set a priority Rain Dance before it goes down. He can also serve as a sweeper if the conditions are given, abusing STAB Hurricane.
5) Replaced Celebi for Dugtrio. You will definitely appreciate the ability to remove opposing weather from play. Dugtrio is able to trap Tyranitar & Ninetales killing them off with STAB Earthquake. Reversal hits Tyranitar harder if his Focus Sash is activated while Stone Edge hits Air Balloon Ninetales & Flying types.

Here is an exportable of the team with all the changes. Hope my rate helps and good luck.
Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 248 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Since the guy from above said pretty much everything like a boss I can just say this. I played with the team with the team that Motagua pasted. Is pretty good. Oh, and on the team building section you said Jolly Latios instead of Timid, not really important but I thought for a seconds you were using some shit like physical Latios.

Since the guy from above said pretty much everything like a boss I can just say this. I played with the team with the team that Motagua pasted. Is pretty good. Oh, and on the team building section you said Jolly Latios instead of Timid, not really important but I thought for a seconds you were using some shit like physical Latios.
Haha, yeah... I noticed that, just haven't changed it. I'll try his changes right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)