move 3: Endeavor
move 4: Energy Ball / Quiver Dance
ability: Compound Eyes
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

A 97.5% accurate Sleep Powder allows Vivillon to cripple anything slower than it. Hurricane is a very strong STAB move that's boosted to above 90% accuracy with Compound Eyes, and thanks to NU's lack of Pokemon that resist Flying coupled with Hurricane's high Base Power and 30% confusion chance, it's a hassle to switch into. Endeavor allows Vivillon to cripple Pokemon once brought down to its Focus Sash; if Vivillon can cripple a wall early-game, it can open up a hole and put its team in a very favorable position. Energy Ball beats Rhydon, which would otherwise OHKO Vivillon with Rock Blast, and is useful to surprise lead Seismitoad. Quiver Dance allows Vivillon to sweep if the opportunity arises, and it prevents Vivillon from being a sitting duck waiting to be brought down to its Focus Sash, while allowing it to get off an Endeavor against faster Pokemon. Stun Spore can be used to cripple faster Pokemon such as Jynx, Typhlosion, and Archeops; the paralysis can also be followed up with a Hurricane in an attempt at parafusion. Bug Buzz can be used if your team struggles with Malamar, as it will always OHKO; it also allows Vivillon to hit Rock-types such as Regirock and Rhydon harder than it would with Hurricane.

Set Details
========

Focus Sash allows Vivillon to survive almost any attack with 1 HP, allowing it to make full use of Endeavor. Maximum investment in Speed lets Vivillon outspeed as many foes as possible, allowing it to get off Sleep Powder, while maximum Special Attack is used to make Hurricane as threatening as possible. Compound Eyes is used to boost the accuracy of Vivillon's two most important moves, Sleep Powder and Hurricane.

Usage Tips
========

Against most teams you lead with Vivillon and click Sleep Powder. Then, proceed to fire off Hurricanes until Vivillon is brought down to its Focus Sash. Follow that up with an Endeavor, and then enjoy your lead in the battle. If the opponent has a team structure that probably contains lead Archeops, it's best to avoid leading with Vivillon, as Archeops can simply Taunt Vivillon, preventing it from doing much of anything to Archeops. Lead Archeops is commonly seen on hyper offensive teams, and effective counter-leads include Volt Switch users such as Rotom. You can preserve Vivillon's Focus Sash against offensive teams if you find it would be more useful, as it can act as an emergency check later on in the game if it still has its Focus Sash intact. Likewise, against slower teams, you can preserve Vivillon once it gets down to 1 HP if you're certain you can keep Stealth Rock off the field; being able to get off multiple 1 HP Endeavors can be devastating to a slower, bulkier team. As this set is generally used as a lead, Sleep Powder is Vivillon's primary way of preventing entry hazards from being set up. Against potential Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan, Hariyama, and Kecleon, it's wise to switch Vivillon out to preserve its Focus Sash for later in the battle. Ferroseed is a useful teammate to punish weak Fake Outs with Iron Barbs damage; however, it must be wary of Fighting-type STAB moves from Hariyama and Kecleon.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Archeops and Scyther appreciate foes that resist Flying, which Vivillon is capable of luring in and weakening with Endeavor, being worn down. Offensive Pokemon such as Mesprit, Kangaskhan, Rotom, Scyther, Samurott, and Lilligant appreciate the disruption Vivillon causes early on, as it grants the team instant momentum which they can take advantage of. Powerful Pokemon such as Typhlosion, Sawk, and Zangoose can really wreak havoc on an opponent's team if its dedicated stop is surprised by a crippling Endeavor from Vivillon early on. Having Steel-types, specifically Ferroseed, to cover Vivillon's hatred of Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan is appreciated. Pokemon that keep entry hazards off your side of the field, such as Xatu and Mantine, are useful to maintain Vivillon's Focus Sash if the opponent gets up entry hazards.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe Bug Buzz to OHKO malamar? or Stun Spore for more crippling fun! im not a fan of u-turn either, i almost never use it and think its better in the move section. 95% of the time youre just clicking sleep powder -> hurricane -> endeavor

for team options just mention that most offensive Pokemon pair up well with Vivillon because of how it cripples a lot of bulky mons really well

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
maybe Bug Buzz to OHKO malamar? or Stun Spore for more crippling fun! im not a fan of u-turn either, i almost never use it and think its better in the move section. 95% of the time youre just clicking sleep powder -> hurricane -> endeavor

for team options just mention that most offensive Pokemon pair up well with Vivillon because of how it cripples a lot of bulky mons really well
figured as much, when trying to write up reasoning for u-turn i was just like "this sounds... bad" Adding Stun / Buzz now, with a u-turn mention in moves.

My problem for mentioning teammates is that literally everything in NU would appreciate 1 opponent asleep and another at 1 hp. do you have in mind anything specific? or just offensive shit in general

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
offensive, flying spam (so typical flying spam stuff) including typical flyingspam glumons

fake out kang, fast volt switch+sleep immunity, faster sleeper leads like jynx, rock blasters and multihit users that can take multiple hurricane (rhydon) etc. force it to actually think. having teammates to cover that is pretty good tho u cant actually cover jynx lol

eball might be ok for sake of rhydon now lix is gone

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
offensive, flying spam (so typical flying spam stuff) including typical flyingspam glumons

fake out kang, fast volt switch+sleep immunity, faster sleeper leads like jynx, rock blasters and multihit users that can take multiple hurricane (rhydon) etc. force it to actually think. having teammates to cover that is pretty good tho u cant actually cover jynx lol

eball might be ok for sake of rhydon now lix is gone
already had flyspam mons before, but ill add in a section about covering fakeout stuff.

ill throw eball in moves too, doesnt deserve a slash imo

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I actually do use EBall on this typically, killing Rhydon is good before it can Rock Blast you through your Sash and killing Toad is nice for a lead as well. Don't mind it going unslashed as long as it gets a heavy mention

Some people use QD apparently but never seemed all that great to me, probably worth a mention too though

You can also note that you don't always have to let it die immediately, preserving Endeavor can be really amazing vs slower teams. Hell if you can preserve its Sash long enough it can even be used midgame to check random faster stuff (sorta like Sturdy Sawk)

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Ill slash Eball instead of Buzz, cause buzz is literally just for Malamar. Also I'm removing u-turn all together cause its so bad it probably detracts from Vivvi's usefullness

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
biggest issue I see with this is that lead vivillon and endeavor vivillon seem similar but play really different with different movesets.

standard lead looks a lot like this: sleep powder / u-turn / energy ball / hurricane or bug buzz
the endeavor set I commonly run and see looks more like this: sleep powder / endeavor / hurricane or bug buzz / quiver dance

maybe I'm seeing this incorrectly but when I think of endeavor Vivillon I don't alwasy necessarily think of it as a lead, lead vivillon is specifically designed to beat slower stealth rock users like toad and rhydon with e ball, and sleep powder+u-turn ones it cant. I see endeavor vivi as more of an offensive presence that opts for luring in certain specially defensive pokemon and endeavoring them to 1 hp.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
biggest issue I see with this is that lead vivillon and endeavor vivillon seem similar but play really different with different movesets.

standard lead looks a lot like this: sleep powder / u-turn / energy ball / hurricane or bug buzz
the endeavor set I commonly run and see looks more like this: sleep powder / endeavor / hurricane or bug buzz / quiver dance

maybe I'm seeing this incorrectly but when I think of endeavor Vivillon I don't alwasy necessarily think of it as a lead, lead vivillon is specifically designed to beat slower stealth rock users like toad and rhydon with e ball, and sleep powder+u-turn ones it cant. I see endeavor vivi as more of an offensive presence that opts for luring in certain specially defensive pokemon and endeavoring them to 1 hp.
Mmmmk, I was under the assumption that Vivilion came in 2 flavours (technically I guess 20+, but...) Endeavor, and QD. QD is just the standard set which is whatever's on site atm. I didnt even know there was a difference between Lead, Endeavor, and Scarf that iiirc Brawlfest used to run, I just knew that there existed a Vivvy that wasnt QD and it was very niche.

Basically what you're telling me is endeavor vivvy is more of a lure, so what I mentioned under Moves and TO in that its main purpose is to ruin the lives of Flying-type resists and/or bulky pokemon in general which helps facilitate a sweep later on is true and correct.

Thanks tho, I guess I'll give Quiver a stronger mention in moves? or do you want it to be a 3rd slash? take off stun spore? give me opinions fren :)

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mmmmk, I was under the assumption that Vivilion came in 2 flavours (technically I guess 20+, but...) Endeavor, and QD. QD is just the standard set which is whatever's on site atm. I didnt even know there was a difference between Lead, Endeavor, and Scarf that iiirc Brawlfest used to run, I just knew that there existed a Vivvy that wasnt QD and it was very niche.

Basically what you're telling me is endeavor vivvy is more of a lure, so what I mentioned under Moves and TO in that its main purpose is to ruin the lives of Flying-type resists and/or bulky pokemon in general which helps facilitate a sweep later on is true and correct.

Thanks tho, I guess I'll give Quiver a stronger mention in moves? or do you want it to be a 3rd slash? take off stun spore? give me opinions fren :)
ideally i'd like quiver to be slashed first, energy ball second, stun spore in moves. I just feel like if you're not running quiver or another attacking move you're p much useless until something actually brings you down to sash

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
ideally i'd like quiver to be slashed first, energy ball second, stun spore in moves. I just feel like if you're not running quiver or another attacking move you're p much useless until something actually brings you down to sash
well to be fair, it's not exactly difficult to bring Vivillon down to its Sash, haha. Stun prevents stuff from using it as set-up fodder, and Eball shits on Rock Blast users.

But yea I'll move Quiver to a slash and give Stun a strong moves mention.

edit: I wasn't sure at first, but after seeing this calc, ill slash quiver first. Eball aint doing shit to rhydon anyway lol
252 SpA Vivillon Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 260-308 (62.8 - 74.3%)

edit edit: actually, if the point of this set is to weaken opposing fat things, Eball would be more useful at allowing Vivvy to do its job as a fat-thing-weakener. Without Eball, a very common switchin to flying spam would get to walk away scott-free. Switching it back :)

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Seeing as Vivi is going to be a lead and toad is a common one Eball is rather important for its matchup against most common rockers.

Mention in UT that this is supposed to be a lead set so 80% of the time you should be leading with vivi. When shouldn't you lead though? Against what mons? What should you do against things like kanga that can break your sash or commonly carry lum etc. etc. Mention that sleep is used to prevent hazard setters from setting up.

Needs more team options cause stun spore isn't even a main move.

fyi your rainbow isn't gonna be seen :<, you get stuck in a sub forum that no one checks out called uploaded analyses.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Seeing as Vivi is going to be a lead and toad is a common one Eball is rather important for its matchup against most common rockers.
That's why I have it :)
Mention in UT that this is supposed to be a lead set so 80% of the time you should be leading with vivi. When shouldn't you lead though? Against what mons? What should you do against things like kanga that can break your sash or commonly carry lum etc. etc. Mention that sleep is used to prevent hazard setters from setting up.
Did this, ty
Needs more team options cause stun spore isn't even a main move.
have any in mind? I thought I was being generous with the ones I already have, lol. Literally every Pokemon appreciates the support, so do I just mention every mon? err.
fyi your rainbow isn't gonna be seen :<, you get stuck in a sub forum that no one checks out called uploaded analyses.
my rainbow has already been seen by 200+ in this forum, so its cool :)

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Usage Tips
If the opponent has a team structure that is likely denoting lead Archeops, it's best to avoid leading with Vivillon, as Archeops can simply Taunt Vivillon, preventing it from doing much of anything to Archeops. Lead Archeops is commonly seen on hyper offensive teams.
What should I lead with here instead? I generally like using a Volt Switch user myself (if you do say Volt Switch scarfer then mention that in TO's)

Uh, I think you added in more TO's, it was like 3 lines last time so it looks good now.

1/3

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd also mention that Quiver Dance also allows you to get off Endeavor against faster Pokemon

Also give a mention to Xatu and spinners / Defoggers in TO, they're useful if you ever want to switch out or aren't leading with it

QC 2/3

Also just for the record Brawlfest sucks, I gave him this set and he didn't give me credit smh

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
If we're going to be calling this Lead Vivillon and not Endeavor Vivillon, then U-turn needs to be mentioned in moves as an alternative to Endeavor imo.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Wrote this up (and by that I mean I just removed all the bullet-points :: +1 for writing in full sentences during skeleton stage)

This is ready for the last check :]

tehy

Banned deucer.
Get chekt

Delete in RED
Add in BLUE

read comments

a lotta usage tips stuff seems really team options-y. O.k. so if you have a ferro it should watch out for Fighting STAB, that's still very writable in team options but is just weird in usage tips.
Comments:

Energy Ball lets you keep your life intact against Rhydon lol, unless you want to also bring Stone Edge or w/e Rhydon into the conversation, but you gotta actually do that if so.
Lead Focus Sash non-U-turn Endeavor Lure

the last sentence is pretty fucked even how I did it. Whatever, Xatu isn't a hazards remover and it sure can't help if the opponent got up hazards, maybe you need to split the sentence into two parts, one of Xatu and one of removers? W/e fix that shit

########
name: Lead Focus Sash non-U-turn Endeavor Lure
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Hurricane

Moves
========

A 97.5% accurate Sleep Powder allows Vivillon to cripple anything slower than it. Hurricane is a very strong STAB move that's boosted to above 90% accuracy with Compound Eyes.,(period to comma) and thanks to NU's lack of Flying-type resists couples coupled with Hurricane's high base power and 30% confusion chance make,(ac) it's a hassle to switch into. Endeavor allows Vivillon to cripple one Pokemon from the opposing team once Vivillon is brought down to its Focus Sash.;(period to semicolon) It allows if Vivillon can potentially cripple a wall on the opposing team very early on, opening early-game, it can open up a hole and putting its team in a very favourable position. Energy Ball is used for its ability to beats Rhydon,(ac) and keep your Focus Sash intact, as it which would otherwise OHKO Vivillon with Rock Blast.,(period to comma) It also and is useful to surprise lead Seismitoad. Quiver Dance allows Vivillon the chance to sweep if the opportunity were to arise, and prevents Vivillon from being a sitting duck waiting to be brought down to its Focus Sash.,(period to comma) It also allows while allowing Vivillon to get off an Endeavor against faster Pokemon. Stun Spore can be used to cripple faster Pokemon such as Jynx, Typhlosion, and Archeops.;(period to semicolon, decapitalize) Tthe paralysis can also be followed up with a Hurricane in an attempt to achieve at parafusion on the opponent. Bug Buzz can be used if your team struggles with Malamar, as it will always OHKO.;(period to semicolon, decapitalize) Iit also allows Vivillon to hit Rock-types such as Regirock and Rhydon harder than with Hurricane.

Set Details
========

Focus Sash allows Vivillon to live on survive at 1 HP from almost any attack, allowing it to make full use of Endeavor. Maximum investment in Speed lets Vivillon outspeed as much as possible, allowing it to get off Sleep Powder, while maximum Special Attack is used to make Hurricane as threatening as possible. Compound Eyes is used to boost the accuracy of Vivillon's two most important moves, Sleep Powder and Hurricane.

Usage Tips
========

Against most teams you lead with Vivillon and click Sleep Powder. Then, proceed to fire off Hurricanes until Vivillon is brought down to its Focus Sash. Follow that up with an Endeavor, and then enjoy your lead in the battle. If the opponent has a team structure that is likely denoting probably has lead Archeops, it's best to avoid leading with Vivillon, as Archeops can simply Taunt Vivillon, preventing it from doing much of anything to Archeops. Lead Archeops is commonly seen on hyper offensive teams, and effective counter-leads include Volt Switch users such as Rotom. You can preserve Vivillon's Focus Sash versus offensive teams if you find it would be more useful, as it can act as an emergency check later on in the game if it still has its Focus Sash intact. Likewise, against slower teams, you can preserve Vivillon once it gets down to 1 HP if you're certain you can keep Stealth Rock off the field; being able to get off multiple 1 HP Endeavors can be devastating to a slower, bulkier team. As this set is generally used as a lead, Sleep Powder is Vivillon's primary way of preventing entry hazards from being set up on its side of the field. Against potential Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan, Hariyama, and Kecleon, it's wise to switch Vivillon out to preserve its Focus Sash for later in the battle. Ferroseed is a useful teammate to punish weak Fake Outs with Iron Barbs damage; however, it must be wary of STAB super effective Fighting-type coverage STAB from the latter two Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Archeops and Scyther appreciate Flying resists worn down, which Vivillon is capable of luring in and weakening with Endeavor,(ac) worn down. Offensive Pokemon appreciate the disruption Vivillon causes early on, as it grants the team instant momentum which they can take advantage of. Examples of such include Mesprit, Kangaskhan, Rotom, Scyther, Samurott, and Lilligant. Powerful Pokemon such as Typhlosion, Sawk, and Zangoose can really wreak havoc with an opponent's team if is the dedicated stop is surprised by a crippling Endeavor from Vivillon early on. Having Steel-types, specifically Ferroseed, to cover Vivillon's hatred of Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan is appreciated. Hazard removers such as Xatu and Mantine are useful so that if you opt not to lead with Vivillon to maintain Vivillon's Focus Sash if the opponent gets up entry hazards,(rc) Vivillon can still make use of its Focus Sash.

CanadianWifier

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP
/

Lead Focus Sash Non-U-turn Endeavor Lure (is this really going to be the title lol)
########
name: Lead Focus Sash Non-U-turn Endeavor Lure
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Hurricane

Moves
========

A 97.5% accurate Sleep Powder allows Vivillon to cripple anything slower than it. Hurricane is a very strong STAB move that's boosted to above 90% accuracy with Compound Eyes, and thanks to NU's lack of Pokemon that resist Flying-type resists coupled with Hurricane's high Base Power and 30% confusion chance, it's a hassle to switch into. Endeavor allows Vivillon to cripple Pokemon once brought down to its Focus Sash; if Vivillon can cripple a wall early-game, it can open up a hole and put its team in a very favorable position. Energy Ball beats Rhydon, which would otherwise OHKO Vivillon with Rock Blast, and is useful to surprise lead Seismitoad. Quiver Dance allows Vivillon to sweep if the opportunity were to arise, and it prevents Vivillon from being a sitting duck waiting to be brought down to its Focus Sash, while allowing Vivillon to get off an Endeavor against faster Pokemon. Stun Spore can be used to cripple faster Pokemon such as Jynx, Typhlosion, and Archeops; the paralysis can also be followed up with a Hurricane in an attempt at parafusion. Bug Buzz can be used if your team struggles with Malamar, as it will always OHKO; it also allows Vivillon to hit Rock-types such as Regirock and Rhydon harder than it would with Hurricane.

Set Details
========

Focus Sash allows Vivillon to survive at 1 HP from almost any attack with 1 HP, allowing it to make full use of Endeavor. Maximum investment in Speed lets Vivillon outspeed as much as possible, allowing it to get off Sleep Powder, while maximum Special Attack is used to make Hurricane as threatening as possible. Compound Eyes is used to boost the accuracy of Vivillon's two most important moves, Sleep Powder and Hurricane.

Usage Tips
========

Against most teams you lead with Vivillon and click Sleep Powder. Then, proceed to fire off Hurricanes until Vivillon is brought down to its Focus Sash. Follow that up with an Endeavor, and then enjoy your lead in the battle. If the opponent has a team structure that probably contains lead Archeops, it's best to avoid leading with Vivillon, as Archeops can simply Taunt Vivillon, preventing it from doing much of anything to Archeops. Lead Archeops is commonly seen on hyper offensive teams, and effective counter-leads include Volt Switch users such as Rotom. (kinda seems Team Options-y?) You can preserve Vivillon's Focus Sash versus offensive teams if you find it would be more useful, as it can act as an emergency check later on in the game if it still has its Focus Sash intact. Likewise, against slower teams, you can preserve Vivillon once it gets down to 1 HP if you're certain you can keep Stealth Rock off the field; being able to get off multiple 1 HP Endeavors can be devastating to a slower, bulkier team. As this set is generally used as a lead, (comma) Sleep Powder is Vivillon's primary way of preventing entry hazards from being set up. Against potential Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan, Hariyama, and Kecleon, it's wise to switch Vivillon out to preserve its Focus Sash for later in the battle. Ferroseed is a useful teammate to punish weak Fake Outs with Iron Barbs damage; however, it must be wary of Fighting-type STAB moves from the latter two Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Archeops and Scyther appreciate foes that resist Flying resists, which Vivillon is capable of luring in and weakening with Endeavor, being worn down. Offensive Pokemon appreciate the disruption Vivillon causes early on, as it grants the team instant momentum which they can take advantage of. Examples of such Pokemon include Mesprit, Kangaskhan, Rotom, Scyther, Samurott, and Lilligant. Powerful Pokemon such as Typhlosion, Sawk, and Zangoose can really wreak havoc with on an opponent's team if its dedicated stop is surprised by a crippling Endeavor from Vivillon early on. Having Steel-types, specifically Ferroseed, to cover Vivillon's hatred of Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan is appreciated. Pokemon that keep entry hazards off your side of the field, such as Xatu and Mantine, (comma) are useful to maintain Vivillon's Focus Sash if the opponent gets up entry hazards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)