Tournament Random Battles Team Tour 3 - Finals (Winner: Team Victini)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach

Banned deucer.
Welcome to the Finals of the Random Battles Team Tour, where 2 teams will compete for the title of RBTT Champion as well as a custom avatar!

Tournament Rules
  • The tournament will consist of 8 teams battling it out in a Round Robin format over seven weeks; after that, the four best teams overall will move onto playoffs.
  • Each series will be played as a Best of 3
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Replays of the matches must be posted to verify a win; if replays are not posted, the match doesn't count.
General Tournament Rules
  • Scheduling: Attempt to contact your opponent by posting on their smogon profile as soon as possible. It is strongly advised to schedule publicly there on Smogon so the host can make any necessary activity calls. If you cannot get in contact with your opponent, inform the host in this thread so we can make any necessary substitution. If you have made no visible contact, the host may substitute you out for another player.
  • Timer Clause and Disconnections: The timer is not required to be on during games; however, if the timer is on and a player runs out of time, their opponent wins the game via timeout. If a player disconnects and thus times out, this also counts as a loss for the player who disconnected.

View RBTT III Tour Standings

View Live Matchup Tracker

Team Victini (8) vs Team Raikou (2)

Gen 8 Random Battle: Sylveon used calm mind vs Odd Della Robbia
Gen 7 Random Battle: Mannie vs TJ
Gen 7 Random Battle: Glop vs fitzy72
Gen 5 Random Battle: Anthonyy23 vs ajhockeystar
Gen 4 Random Battle: Trade vs bugzinator
Gen 3 Random Battle: xGang vs Dragonillis
Gen 8 Monotype Random Battle: PikminWarrior vs Feliburn
Gen 8 Hackmons Cup: sharpclaw vs platinumCheesecake
Gen 7 Super Staff Bros Brawl: a fruitshop owner vs Discordual
Gen 7 Battle Factory: Waszap vs lax
Gen 7 BSS Factory: Jynx Nuggets vs rssp1
Gen 7 Random Battle / Gen 7 Battle Factory / Gen 7 Hackmons Cup: Jacked vs longhiep341

Team Marshadow (3) vs Team Hoopa (2)

Gen 8 Random Battle: Abyssal Ruins vs Laggronite
Gen 7 Random Battle: c.kilgannon vs ArcHale0
Gen 7 Random Battle: get_lucki vs PrinceOfAllTacos
Gen 5 Random Battle: Lucas2543 vs soTsoT
Gen 4 Random Battle: jasprose vs 100%GXE
Gen 3 Random Battle: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Fissure
Gen 8 Monotype Random Battle: breh vs Panty&Stockings
Gen 8 Hackmons Cup: APW001 vs bike waffles
Gen 7 Super Staff Bros Brawl: MGenius vs Roginald
Gen 7 Battle Factory: DarkFlames64 vs snorlax142857
Gen 7 BSS Factory: MJ vs Hamhamhamham
Gen 7 Random Battle / Gen 7 Battle Factory / Gen 7 Hackmons Cup: RustySheriffBadge vs LordST

The deadline for this week is March 15th 11:59PM GMT / 6:59PM EST

Last edited:
predicts from a random nobody who has decided to quit laddering until april

Team Victini (6) vs Team Raikou (6)

Gen 7 Random Battle: Mannie vs TJ (happened)
Gen 5 Random Battle: King Leo V vs ajhockeystar
Gen 7 Random Battle / Gen 7 Battle Factory / Gen 7 Hackmons Cup: Jacked vs longhiep341

tiebreaks: raikou wins 2-1 (disclaimer: I do not necessarily endorse this result, I'm just predicting it)

anyway hoop hoop gl both! may the luckiest best win :blobthumbsup:

Rach

Banned deucer.
I was informed that Team Marshadow and Team Hoopa want a 3rd place match! Here are the tags and matchups. Have fun!

Team Marshadow (3) vs Team Hoopa (2)

Gen 8 Random Battle: Abyssal Ruins vs Laggronite
Gen 7 Random Battle: c.kilgannon vs ArcHale0
Gen 7 Random Battle: get_lucki vs PrinceOfAllTacos
Gen 5 Random Battle: Lucas2543 vs soTsoT
Gen 4 Random Battle: jasprose vs 100%GXE
Gen 3 Random Battle: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Fissure
Gen 8 Monotype Random Battle: breh vs Panty&Stockings
Gen 8 Hackmons Cup: APW001 vs bike waffles
Gen 7 Super Staff Bros Brawl: MGenius vs Roginald
Gen 7 Battle Factory: DarkFlames64 vs snorlax142857
Gen 7 BSS Factory: MJ vs Hamhamhamham
Gen 7 Random Battle / Gen 7 Battle Factory / Gen 7 Hackmons Cup: RustySheriffBadge vs LordST

No deadline

Last edited:

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
I will take this opportunity to tell everyone to check once again the Stats Spreadsheet for this RBTT3!

There you will find not only detailed info for this PlayOff round, but also a complete guide for every battle played, individual standings that include series w/l records, percentages of battles won, formats played by each user and even some cool stats about which team drafted better!

Also i´d like to say thanks to the awesome team behind it. Even if I drew the code, it couldn´t have been possible to have it complete and up to date without a cool group of people that not only input every match, but also gave a lot of support and great ideas during the tourney! Thanks once more platinumCheesecake Wigglytuff Roginald TacticalFacepalms and lvl100Blaziken

And dont worry if the tour is finishing, stat-loving-random-user, we have more cool things coming ;)

Predictions from a RBTT3 winless Meloetta :toast:

- This is honestly one of my favorite match ups for Gen 8 from the tour. Sylveon has had some amazing wins and continues to prove themselves. I've got to go with them in a slight edge for the 2-1 over ODR. ODR takes game 1 and Sylveon reverses.

Gen 7 Random Battle: Mannie vs TJ
- Already happened before my predictions. Goat Mannie.

-Honest, not too familiar with either of these players, but fitzy's Smogon account is well near 11 years old. I'll call it a 2-0 in their favor.

Gen 5 Random Battle: King Leo V vs ajhockeystar
-They call him the king for a reason. Leo takes it 2-0.

-Bugzinator has easily been my favorite player this season. Top tier play, top tier posts. 2-1 in their favor, I believe Trade takes game 2.

-xGang has more accounts in the top 10 then I have ever played games of ten 3. I give it to him in a 2-0 over Dragon.

-Feli beat me, and PikminWarrior is a silvally goat so it's a 2-1 in Pik's favor. Even matchup in favor of Feli g1, then two straight type advantages for Pik.

-platty was in call with me when the draft for this was happening. he was jealous that I was a meloetta and he was a raikou. look at us now. plat is a hc god and takes this 2-0 over sharp

-fruitshop is a name I associate with ssbb. I think it'll be 2-1 in fruit's favor but definitely a close g3. cake the dunsparce will play a pivotal role in one of the games

-More familiar with lax, so I'll give it to them in a blowout 2-0. Why not.

-I know next to nothing about bssf. These two players probably know next to at least something. Jynx takes it in a reverse 2-1 over rssp.

-longhie is fun to watch, but Assassin has always been one of my favorite players in rbats. I think he pulls out the 2-0.

MBD PREDICTS:
Victini: 8 - Raikous: 4

Abyssal Ruins

I Cuddle wit the homies at night b4 going to Sleep
is a Tiering Contributor

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
OK fam look. Platty literally wrote the book on Hackmons Cup, and I'd be lying if I said I haven't read that essay multiple times; my skill in this format, such as it is, is indebted to the groundwork Platty laid out. Being able to play Platty twice(!) this tour has been awesome, and since our 1st MU went the other way, I was really excited to have a rematch here in the finals.

Won in 2 vs platinumCheesecake; vggs, wpwp. <3
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8hackmonscup-1076359594
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8hackmonscup-1076365081 toxic spikes :(

VICTINIS, VICTINIS, VICTINIS, FOREVER
253eedf46bff7b60b4cd96c7c010d2cd9a5cba0b_hq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)