Rate my 4th Gen OU Team :D

This is my first time posting on this forum, so this is something new haha.

This is a sash team that I've been using for the last couple of weeks and it's won me about 80-85% of my battles. I know weather/entry hazards can ruin my sash team but that's why I have sunny day/rapid spin on Forretress. Forretress can take a +4/5/6 waterfall from a Gyarados so it's great defensively and can usually take one special attack (as long as its not fire) to get rid of sandstorm or rocks.

I've made it pretty difficult for someone to sweep my team with all my sashes haha.

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Lucario is my lead. I start off by setting up SD instead of entry hazards. I've been able to sweep whole teams with Lucario. If they set up entry hazards, I get a free SD. Then if they switch I get another SD or if they attack I would SD again. Basically if they don't have a good priority move to take me out fast, I can knock out 1-2 Pokemon at least, if not all. Scizor gets destroyed by +2 Close Combat and Forretress by +4. Can take out almost any Pokemon, but there are exceptions like Hippowdon. Azelf leads may knock this down if they are also sashed and attack first turn, but that's rare. BP destroys Gengar switch ins. No reason to extremespeed twice and risk a ghost switch than to BP next turn if the pokemon isn't finished off. Destroys Aerodactyl leads as they don't think I have BP. 2 hits Aerodactyl.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252HP / 252SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtt)
- Rapid Spin
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

This guy's saved me in a bunch of battles, either by getting rid of a sweeper setting up with explosion or getting rid of rocks with rapid spin or sandstorm/hail with sunny day. Can switch into any nonfire physical attack. Good thing to force switches on Scizors and other steel types. Pokemon that try to set up on it or other walls get exploded on. I usually rapid spin on Vaporeons or other protect pokemon so they can't use it next turn and explode.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252SpA / 252Spe
Nature: Timid
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Energy Ball

Powerhouse. Takes out Scizor/Swampert/Forretress. Has good type coverage. Not much to say about him, pretty standard. Can damage Hippowdon.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252SpA / 252Spe
Nature: Timid
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Saves me with levitate :) Don't know if sludgebomb is the best option, but it's the strongest attack it has and does a decent amount to most Pokemon. People don't usually expect sludgebomb so they don't switch in steels into me often. Pretty standard as well. Can take out opposing Gengars hanging on with its sash, or even Alakazams. Can take out Weaviles who run Adamant without sashes.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252Atk / 252Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Ice Shard

Probably the best player on my team. Has won me countless battles at 1hp haha. Can just about hit anything neutrally. I keep brick break over low kick to get rid of annoying screens. Destroys dragons. Priority ice shard to deal with scarfed Flygons. Can one hit Aerodactyls with ice punch or get close KOing to with ice shard and SR damage.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Pretty good sweeper when I can switch it into a steel time. They often switch allowing a free swords dance. Can proceed to sweep. Blaze helps and resistance to steel is always good to get rid of pesky Scizors with banded bullet punches. I run blaze kick over flare blitz since I want to take advantage of blaze/sunny day for as long as I can. When threatened by psychic, I usually switch in Weavile and scare off the psychic type or kill it. Can revenge kill Gyarados.

Please rate my team you guys.

Ok, before I begin my rate, I am going to say that this team will never work very well, and if it does, it will only be once or twice. Sorry if that sounded harsh, but hopefully we can fix it up so it will work successfully!

It seems like you are working towards a suicidal offense playstyle, with this in mind, I am going to try and keep as many members of your team as possible. The first thing you have to do is remove all Focus Sashes on your Pokemon. While it may seem like a good option, it is not, and for a number of reasons. Firstly, there is no guarantee that Forretress will be able to spin away the hazards especially without a move to threaten ghost-types. Secondly, the viability of the Focus Sash is limited when weather conditions are met; you cannot guarantee the set-up of Sunny Day with Forretress and it is not hard for a Tyranitar to switch-in after you have used it. Lastly, with Focus Sash you will be hesitant to switch your Pokemon in and out of attacks such as Flygon's U-turn, and in turn will lose a lot of momentum for your team. There are other reasons, but these are the main ones.

With that issue cleared, lets move on to the rest of the team. If you are getting sweeps with a lead Swords Dance Lucario, you are not versing competent players, put it that way. There is no chance any good player will get swept by a Swords Dance Lucario as they will always prepare for it, Lucario's main asset is its ability to come in lategame and clean up weakened teams. With that in mind, I would suggest you lead with Forretress.

Forretress @ Occa Berry
Impish | Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Stealth Rock / Spikes / Rapid Spin / Explosion

With Stealth Rock and Spikes, Forretress can pick up a lot of momentum for your team and can also Explode on problematic members of your opponents team such as a Dragon Dance Gyarados or Kingdra that you might not have covered. The main reason for Spikes, however, is that when utilising fast and frail sweepers such as the ones you have here, you will often barely miss out on the OHKO which is where Spikes come in. Ok, with that sorted lets fix up your weaknesses. Currently you are going to get 6-0ed by any form of offensive Gyarados or Kingdra. Agility Metagross is notorious for cleaning up teams such as yours and you will find yourself struggling to break stall. I know that, when it comes to these teams, there are a lot of Pokemon that they are weak to, but they don't get an opportunity to set-up. However, all of the aforementioned Pokemon get ample opportunity to set-up, so they are legitimate threats you need to deal with. To fix the above Pokemon listed, although not help with your stall weakness, I think a Scarf Flygon would fit perfectly. While Jolly Metagross will still outrun and KO at +2, Flygon will be able to check the majority of them comfortably. Flygon would fit nicely over Alakazam.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly | Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Outrage / ThunderPunch / U-turn / Earthquake

Anyway, all of your other Pokemon should hold the item: Life Orb and Gengar should be using a set of Substitute / Pain Split / Focus Blast / Shadow Ball. I generally prefer Mach Punch / Overheat / Close Combat / Stone Edge on Infernape with a spread of 252 Atk / 60 SpAtk / 196 Spe. Also remember that you have 510 EVs to distribute on each Pokemon, so as opposed to using 252/252 spreads, use 4/252/252 spreads.

Ideally I would also like to replace Weavile for a Kingdra who will be able to set up on bulky-waters, especially Starmie and proceed to sweep through your opponent's team. It also has the added benefit of taking on Agility Metagross if it has to. Here is the set:

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
Adamant | Swift Swim
EVs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe
Dragon Dance / Outrage / Waterfall / Rest

If you are unsure about how this set plays, check out the onsite description here.

To recap: Forretress / Kingdra / Lucario / Infernape / Gengar / Flygon

Good luck!

Ok I wanted to help fix up this team too but nothing I can say tops what Heist just posted (dammit Calum D:<)

I'm gonna go ahead and say you should listen to his suggestions.

Your team needs A LOT more bulk.
Weavile, A-zam, Infernape, Gengar all have defenses as good as crud.

Even with all those sashes, you get screwed over by hail stalls and sandstorm teams, who just take out your Forretress and then bring back in Abomasnow or whatever.

Anyways, on to your lead. A lead is supposed to accomplish two things:
1. Take on other leads.
2. Set up entry hazards OR provide support for the team (Sandstorm, Thunderwave, Dual Screens).
Lucario accomplishes neither. Lucario can't be a star all by himself. He can't sweep entire teams properly without wallbreakers and other teammates to clear the way for him. A big thing with leads nowdays is to Taunt the opposing lead, so unless Lucario is Choice-scarfed and has taunt himself, you can't set up SD. The Forretress mentioned above is a safer bet for a lead.

Secondly, as much as I love A-zam, he's too frail. Anything that he can't outspeed and KO will kill him back.

Finally, you get owned by Earthquake, the most OU move in OU. A team usually caries more than one Earthquake user, so who cares if you have one person to screw up EQ'ers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)