120 hp/252 attack/136 special defense.

Adamant
Ability:Guts
@Leftovers
Bulk up
drain punch
mach punch
payback.

My physical powerhouse. 140 base attack power along with decent bulk, and the ability to increase said bulk and attack power via bulk up makes this thing a beast. It has the ability to one hit or 2 hit KO anything in the game not named skarmory or gliscor and with drain punch and leftovers can heal off damage. Payback is for killing fast pokemon that normally wall conkeldurr such as gengar.

Special Sweeper.
Volcarona

Timid
Evs
252 Special attack/4 hp/252 speed.
Ability:Flame body
@Lum berry
Fiery dance
Quiver dance
Bug buzz
Hidden power rock

My special sweeper.
Quiver dance is an excellent set up move. Fiery dance and bug buzz are for STAB. HP Rock is to damage pokemon who resist volcarona's stab moves such as dragonite,ninetales,etc.

Rapid Spinner
Starmie

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

Starmie is my rapid spinner. His/her/it's job is to spin away entry hazards like stealth rock that will cripple volcarona(especially stealth rock).
It has EVS in HP and has this moveset to increase it's survivability because it is a crucial part of my team which is otherwise vulnerable to entry hazards.

Wall
Ferrothorn.

Careful
Iron thorns
EVS
252 hp/ 48 attack/ 208 special defense.
@Rocky helmet.
Stealth rock
thunderwave
leech seed
power whip

My mixed wall. His EVS are put into his weaker(though still very good) special defense and has a Special defense raising nature. Rocky helmet in combination with iron thorns makes it so any physical attack done against ferrothorn will cause the attacker to lose 29% of their hp. and after stealth rock damage, physical attackers will be 3HKOed just from damaging ferrothorn. Leech seed is to gain back HP, thunder wave is too slow down opponents and power whip is a powerful STAB move.

revenge killer
Scizor

Adamant nature

EVS
248 hp/252 attack/8 special defense
@Choice band
Bullet punch
U-Turn
Superpower
pursuit

My revenge killer.
U-Turn is for scouting purposes, pursuit is to OHKO or badly damage a plethora of fleeing Ghost and Psychic types including but not limited to Espeon,gengar, and slowbro. Superpower is for damaging steel types and does neutral damage against skarmory.

Choice scarf

Hydreigon

Timid nature
252 special attack/4 defense/252 speed
@Choice scarf
Draco meteor
Fire blast
U-Turn
Focus blast

With 125 base special attack power and many moves that hit super effectively against a plethora of pokemon. hydreigon makes an excellent choice scarf user and revenge killer.

Things that are in bold are changes I made except the pokemon roles.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi OUtrainer

Solid balanced team you have here, your team is able to handle many of the top threats well and has good synergy together. Looking at your team, it is apparent that Starmie is a critical member. His ability to provide rapid spin support is essential especially because of Volcarona's 4x weakness to Rock but also because every member save Hydreigon is susceptible to Spikes. For this reason, I recommend changing your current Starmie to a bulky Starmie with an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd with a Timid nature and a moveset of Scald / Psyshock / Rapid Spin / Recover. This EV spread combined with Recover greatly increases longevity, giving you more opportunities to spin away entry hazards during a battle. It provides Starmie with a surprising amount of bulk, being able to survive powerful attacks such as Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge. Scald allows you to cripple common Starmie checks such as Ferrothorn and Tyranitar with a burn. Psyshock is useful to defeat Calm Mind Keldeo who can be a serious threat to your team after it sets up a boost. The move also helps against Virizion with its high Special Defense stat but low Defense and also destroys Breloom. Leftovers is the preferred item on this Starmie set to give it recovery every turn and negate damage from sand and hail.

Now for some smaller changes. On Volcarona, I suggest replacing Fire Gem with Lum Berry. Lum Berry is very useful to cure status while setting up and Volcarona is often powerful enough to sweep opponents late game with just a single Quiver Dance. Fire Gem is a nice way to surprise would be checks, but still doesn't let you get by Heatran and Chansey/Blissey and insurance during setting up is usually more useful. On Ferrothorn, change his nature from Sassy to Careful. Careful nature increases Special Defense and decreases Special Attack. There is no reason to use a speed decreasing nature on Ferrothron as you are not using Gyro Ball and Careful nature means you can Thunder Wave other Ferrothorn before they can do the same to you. Lastly, on Hydreigon, I recommend using U-turn in the third moveslot. Hydreigon already has great coverage with his other 3 attacks and U-turn allows you to scout your opponent's switch in and gain the switch advantage.

Hope I helped an good luck with your team!

Set:
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

tl;dr
Offensive Starmie ----> Bulky Starmie
Fire Gem on Volcarona ----> Lum Berry
Sassy Nature on Ferrothorn ----> Careful Nature
U-Turn on Hydreigon

Hi OUtrainer

Solid balanced team you have here, your team is able to handle many of the top threats well and has good synergy together. Looking at your team, it is apparent that Starmie is a critical member. His ability to provide rapid spin support is essential especially because of Volcarona's 4x weakness to Rock but also because every member save Hydreigon is susceptible to Spikes. For this reason, I recommend changing your current Starmie to a bulky Starmie with an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd with a Timid nature and a moveset of Scald / Psyshock / Rapid Spin / Recover. This EV spread combined with Recover greatly increases longevity, giving you more opportunities to spin away entry hazards during a battle. It provides Starmie with a surprising amount of bulk, being able to survive powerful attacks such as Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge. Scald allows you to cripple common Starmie checks such as Ferrothorn and Tyranitar with a burn. Psyshock is useful to defeat Calm Mind Keldeo who can be a serious threat to your team after it sets up a boost. The move also helps against Virizion with its high Special Defense stat but low Defense and also destroys Breloom. Leftovers is the preferred item on this Starmie set to give it recovery every turn and negate damage from sand and hail.

Now for some smaller changes. On Volcarona, I suggest replacing Fire Gem with Lum Berry. Lum Berry is very useful to cure status while setting up and Volcarona is often powerful enough to sweep opponents late game with just a single Quiver Dance. Fire Gem is a nice way to surprise would be checks, but still doesn't let you get by Heatran and Chansey/Blissey and insurance during setting up is usually more useful. On Ferrothorn, change his nature from Sassy to Careful. Careful nature increases Special Defense and decreases Special Attack. There is no reason to use a speed decreasing nature on Ferrothron as you are not using Gyro Ball and Careful nature means you can Thunder Wave other Ferrothorn before they can do the same to you. Lastly, on Hydreigon, I recommend using U-turn in the third moveslot. Hydreigon already has great coverage with his other 3 attacks and U-turn allows you to scout your opponent's switch in and gain the switch advantage.

Hope I helped an good luck with your team!

Set:
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

tl;dr
Offensive Starmie ----> Bulky Starmie
Fire Gem on Volcarona ----> Lum Berry
Sassy Nature on Ferrothorn ----> Careful Nature
U-Turn on Hydreigon

Done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)