Rate my BP team :)

This is my first attempt at a RMT :)

Its a baton pass team, so the whole idea is to stat up and pass to my main sweeper, who will obliterate the other team. Sounds simple right? Unfortunately its not that easy....

Ambipom@Focus Sash/Lum Berry
technician-Jolly
252 HP/252Spe/4Def
Taunt
Agility
Baton Pass
??????(substitute?)

My Lead, fast enough to outspead non-choice scarf gengars, witch is the only reason to consider lum berry. Taunt for sleeper leads, stealth rock leads, and stat-uppers. Then Agility and BP to get his frailass out of there. Last slot is up for anything. I thought sub was a good choice. Im a bit worried about yanmega leads though. Against Bronzong leads (the most popular) i will taunt then sub, and if they gyro ball, i BP to vaporeon.

Celebi@Leftovers
Natural Cure-Timid
252 HP/80Def/176Spe
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Grass Knot
Recover

Standard CMpass set for celebi. Grass knot incase i need a last minute attack, recover to heal and continue stat-upping. What i really love about celebi is that it can usually take SE hits (not bug) without fainting.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Hyper Cutter-Impish
252HP/252Def/4Spe
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Roost/Earthquake
Taunt/Stealth Rock

My SD passer. Originally Scizor, but i thought Gliscor to be more Sturdy. First two moves are a given, but the last 2 need some consideration. Roost for obvious healing, but earthquake doesnt screw me over against taunt, and can help in a few situations. Taunt can prevent phazing incase smeargle hasnt pulled off an ingrain yet, but stealth rock might be needed for when my chain ends random focus sashers dont mess it up. I need some extreme help on this one.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Water Absorb-Bold
252HP/252Def/4SpA
Acid Armor
Baton Pass
Surf
?????(Aqua ring/sub/wish/Ice Beam?)

This Bulky Water is a welcome addition to my team. Passes defence boosts. Surf is for those "just incase" situations. Last Move slot has me trumped. Aqua ring gives gradual healing along with ingrain, especially when finally ending the chain. Toxic Spikes/spikes/stealth rock are annoying, so aqua ring might help a bit. Sub im not so sure about, but i guess can come in handy. Im even less sure about wish because i need all the turns i can get. I've also been wondering about ice beam, but im more inclined to use the support options, because i haven't invested any SpA evs besides 4 points.

Smeargle@Focus Sash
Own Tempo-Jolly
252HP/252Spe/4Def
Spore
Ingrain
Spider Web
Baton Pass

Smeargle is vital to the team. Ingrain to prevent that horrid phazing. Spore for a turn of sleep, but is predictable. I won't usually get off a spider web because of a switch or because i become too worried that the opponent will wake up, but when i can trap a pokemon with weak offenses it pretty much means the battle is mine.

Bibarel@Life Orb/Leftovers/Lum Berry
Simple-Rash
40HP/ 216Atk/252SpA
Surf
Return
Thunderbolt
?????(sub?)

Yes, Bibarel. Simple was made with BP teams in mind. If im not mistaken the moves i use give excellent type coverage. The last slot is up for grabs, but if i cant pass off a sub, substitute can be useful to prevent status/priority attacks/Explosion. I cant choose between the items either. Life Orb gives extra offensive power, while leftovers can work great with ingrain and aqua ring and can help against toxic spikes. Lum Berry is mostly to prevent status when i finally end my chain. I've been seen many people praising Lucario as the reciever at the end of the BP chain, but none have put any reasoning behind it, but i'd be more then happy to listen. The main reason Bibarel works so well is because of his ability, in a BP team you need all the time you can get.

Thank you very much for looking :D

Because of things like Stealth Rock and Spikes, you shouldn't use a Focus Sash on Smeargle. I've never really seen a Smeargle with a moveset like that, even for a Baton Passer, so I can't recommend anything.

However, you may want to go with the Salac/Belly Drum set, it's of more use for a BP.

i use that smeargle in my BP team it works best as a lead, it is the best smeargle you could possible have in the team, i find it works very well at locking pokemon in place and setting up celebi.

I'd go for Charge Beam on Bibarel for some Sp Atk boost, Wish on Vaporeon for team support or Ice Beam for more coverage, an attack on Ambipom, Special defense EVs on Vaporeon because it uses Acid Armor anyway, and maybe something else instead of Smeargle, because Ambipom and Smeargle both cant take many hits, and I think those two in combination is kinda risky. Maybe go for SD Cradily against (p)hazers instead of Ingrain with Smeargle? After some Calm Minds and/or Acid Armors, it can take hits like a beast, set up easily and sweep like a maniac.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, ill look into them.

The main reason i want ambipom is so i can taunt sleeper leads. I considered smeargle to lead but his 273 speed isnt in my favor. He can be slept easily and common leads like tyranitar negate focus sash so im not really sure...

and jigokujin73, thats an interesting suggestion. Because smeargle has in fact lost his focus sash many times. I was never really a fan of salac subdrum, but ill look into it. In that case what should i do with my gliscor? Since the belly drum is being passed i wouldnt need a SD passer anymore... And maybe i can use an alternate berry because ambipom passes agility...I have quite a bit to think about lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)