Rate my BP team

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first try at a real competitive team, and one that is a BP team. I'm a total newb and I can assure you there are probably major flaws somewhere along this post. Please, help me to the best of your abilities, I probably know almost nothing, except the basics, all criticism is welcomed, even if it's like "this sucks, just gtfo" :P. Plus I am not the best at giving explanations, so please bare with me.

Overview:

Lead/ Passer: Ambipom
Reciever: Octillery
Sub-Passer:
Mr. Mime
Reciever Passing Sweeper?: Togekiss
Passer: Smeargle
Finisher: Azumarill

I. Ambipom @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def.Technician
Timid or Jolly, aiming towards timid.*Agility
*Nasty Plot
*Fake Out
*Baton Pass

Ambipom will use Fake Out, Nasty Plot, and ending with Agility, BP'ing to Octillery.

II. Octillery @ Life Orb
252 Special Att. / 252 Speed / 4 Def. or HP
Suction Cups
Rash
*Charge Beam
*Ice Beam
*Flamethrower
*Hidden Power Eletric

A generic Octillery, he depends on his Special Attack to do the job right. He also has a varied move pool, so he is not speciailized in just one area.

III. Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
252 HP / 200 Speed / 56 Sp. Def.
Soundproof
Timid
*Trick
*Subsitute
*Calm Mind
*Baton Pass

A subsitute for Ambipom if all else fails, Use trick and then subsitute, spam calm mind and then baton pass it to Togekiss.

IV. Togekiss @ Leftovers
252 HP / 156 Sp. Att / 100 Def or Speed?
Serene Grace
Modest
*Nasty Plot
*Air Slash
*Aura Sphere
*Baton Pass

Nasty plot, Air Slash, ending with Aura Sphere, and then if necessary, BP to Smeargle.

VI. Smeargle @ ???
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 DefOwn Tempo
Jolly
*Subsitute
*Spore
*Belly Drum
*Baton Pass

Use spore putting the enemy to sleep, subsitute as a safety precaution, belly drum and BP to the finisher.

VII. Azumarill @ ???
Adamant
Huge Power
252 HP / 252 Attk / 4 Def.
*Body Slam
*Belly Drum
*Ice Punch
*???

To be honest I'm not sure for a finisher, I'm only picking Azumarill because he's a very underrated sweeper, and I just love his sprite :P. If he should actually stay, what should his move pool be? I'm sure mine fails at the moment.

Once again I am sure I need a lot of help, I hope my first attempt is AT LEAST decent, :S. Hopefully I am not missing anything, if I am please post and will edit :D.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to smogon. Before posting a team, make sure you've read the RMT rules:

Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Feel free to post another RMT with proper descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)