Rate my BP team

Now with actual descriptions...I thought it would be easier to re-open the other topic but I never got a PM from the mod/admin, I hope this is right this time. I have no excuses but I cannot make up a good description due to the lack of knowledge...

My first try at a real competitive team, and one that is a BP team. I'm a total newb and I can assure you there are probably major flaws somewhere along this post. Please, help me to the best of your abilities, I probably know almost nothing, except the basics, all criticism is welcomed, even if it's like "this sucks, just gtfo" :P. Plus I am not the best at giving explanations, so please bare with me.

Overview:

Lead/ Passer: Ambipom
Reciever: Octillery
Sub-Passer: Mr. Mime
Reciever Passing Sweeper?: Togekiss
Passer: Smeargle
Finisher: Azumarill

I. Ambipom @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def.
Technician
Timid or Jolly, aiming towards timid.
*Agility
*Nasty Plot
*Fake Out
*Baton Pass

Ambipom is one of the best combinations in my opinion to be used with Octillery. His speed is amazing and the above move set, sets-up a perfect introduction for him. Using Fake-Out first, and then Nasty Plot, followed by Agility. Raising SP. Attk while doing little damage sets this up quite easily for Octillery.

II. Octillery @ Life Orb
252 Special Att. / 252 Speed / 4 Def. or HP
Suction Cups
Rash
*Charge Beam
*Ice Beam
*Flamethrower
*Hidden Power Eletric

A generic Octillery, he depends on his Special Attack to do the job right. He also has a varied move pool, so he is not speciailized in just one area. Octillery has one of the largest move pool, and I'm trying to give him a decent yet powerful set for being the Baton reciever.

III. Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
252 HP / 200 Speed / 56 Sp. Def.
Soundproof
Timid
*Trick
*Subsitute
*Calm Mind
*Baton Pass

Mr. Mime is like the subsitute teacher, except he is the subsitute poke for Ambipom. Using trick to trap the other pokemon with the choice scarf, hopefully leaving it with some useless move. Subsitute as a safety pre-caution, and Calm Mind spamming to incr. Sp Attk and Sp Def for Togekiss.

IV. Togekiss @ Leftovers
252 HP / 156 Sp. Att / 100 Def or Speed?
Serene Grace
Modest
*Nasty Plot
*Air Slash
*Aura Sphere
*Baton Pass?

Nasty plot after Calm Mind from before wears out, using Air Slash to flinch the other enemy, and hopefully ending with an easy ride of Aura Sphere. The leftovers will hopefully keep Togekiss alive. I feel not sure about the 4th move being Baton Pass, is there any point for Togekiss to have it? What should I replace it with?

VI. Smeargle @ ???
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Own Tempo
Jolly
*Subsitute
*Spore
*Belly Drum
*Baton Pass

Spore puts the enemy to sleep, Subsitute if it wakes up and or switches, as well as protecting it's precious HP for Belly drum, use belly drum for the +6 stages, giving the finisher a reason to just start attacking and not waste a turn increasing it's attack.

VII. Azumarill @ ???
Adamant
Huge Power
252 HP / 252 Attk / 4 Def.
*Body Slam
*Belly Drum
*Ice Punch
*???

To be honest I'm not sure for a finisher, I'm only picking Azumarill because he's a very underrated sweeper, and I just love his sprite :P. If he should actually stay, what should his move pool be? I'm sure mine fails at the moment.

Once again I am sure I need a lot of help, I hope my first attempt is AT LEAST decent, :S. Hopefully I am not missing anything, if I am please post and will edit :D.

EDIT: I will probably need a suggestion or two on what to replace Smeargle and Togekiss with, I really don't want to aim for an OU BP but an UU BP...

People really need to read this article before creating a BP chain. If you're looking into UU, you obviously need to get rid of Toge and Smeargle. I've had some success with a pseudo BP team in NU that ends with either Cradily or Octillery depending on whether I'm going physical or special. On your team, having Nasty Plot on Ambipom will probably be useless as I'm fairly sure that nobody will be stupid enough to let you get to a point where you can use Agility and Nasty Plot, then Baton Pass. In addition, Octillery can already boost his sp.att with Charge Beam. HP Electric needs to get away from the Oct'. I use Energy Ball instead, but it's a matter of preference and as you're going to have to rebuild this team from the ground up anyway I have no idea what weaknesses in coverage you will encounte.r This team is also littered with unnecessary Belly Drums since Azumarill does not have a recovery move to get out of the health drop, especially if there are any type of entry hazards in play, making the Belly Drum a tall drink of water indeed.

Seriously, read the article I linked. It's a wonderful guide and since (successful) BP chains are so difficult to create, I would suggest building a few more traditional teams to start out with.

Hope this helped! :)

Firstly, you really need to decide whether you're aiming for OU or UU. Having a mostly UU team in OU means your team is inferior from the start, and obviously you can't use OU Pokemon in UU.

Secondly, have a good read of the article posted above by Christova. All of Smogon's articles are well written, and you should probably check it out, and post another RMT later.

Ha, I knew I failed :P I did read it, even twice before. I'll edit this post when I finish fixing, which will be much later. And yah, I'll need to get rid of them, I even mentioned at the end I would need to since I am aiming for UU.

Now, for an UU team, is Ambipom a great lead? Or is there someone else I should be looking for? And should all pokemon at least have Baton Pass? I know Octillery cannot, could he possibly be a finisher, which I doubt? I think I have an actually good start now xD if these are answered.

As ChristovaOnIce said, remove HP Electric on Octillery, and use Energy Ball or Surf (STAB is helpful!)

As Smeargle's item, use a Salac Berry.

For Azumarill, use Leftovers, or an Expert Belt/Lum Berry, remove Belly Drum, and make the moveset Waterfall/Ice Punch/Superpower or Return/Aqua Jet or Return

Now let's try this again shall we,

I. Ambipom @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def.
Technician
Timid
*Fake Out
*Agility
*Nasty Plot
*Baton Pass

II. Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
252 HP / 200 Speed / 56 Sp. Def.
Soundproof
Timid
*Trick
*Subsitute
*Calm Mind
*Baton Pass

III. Medicham @ ???
252 Speed / 252 Attk / 4 Def.
Pure Power
Adamant
*Ice Punch
*Thunder Punch
*Meditate / Brick Break / Counter
*Baton Pass

IV. Umbreon @ Chople Berry
252 HP /
Synchronized
Careful
*Mean Look
*Wish
*Taunt
*Baton Pass

Yawn is useless if it stops working after a Baton Pass so I went with Taunt, switching it do a defense oriented BPer...

VI. Leafeon @ Leftovers
216 Speed / 140 Attk / 152 HP
Leaf Guard
Jolly
*Swords Dance
*Leaf Blade
*Roar?
*Baton Pass

Is it fail to have more than one Eeveelution? I only went with Leafeon due to Leaf Blade and it's high Def.

VII. Octillery @ Life Orb
252 Special Att. / 252 Speed / 4 Def. or HP
Suction Cups
Rash
*Charge Beam
*Ice Beam
*Flamethrower
*Energy Ball

Hopefully this is a bit more realistic :P

Guess the new edit fails just as much eh? :/ Maybe BP teams aren't my thing xD, they take too much thinking hmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)