Gen 2 Rate my crystal team

Tyranitar (Dark/Rock)
@Quick Claw
Crunch
Earthquake
Ancient Power
Fire Blast

With quick claw and its high offensive stats it could take out unsuspecting opponents Fire Blast is one of the only answers to grass type pokemon on my team

Blissy (Normal)
@Leftovers
Reflect
Shadow Ball
Thunder Wave
Softboiled

Reflect is very useful on Blissy since she has very low defence and most of the pokemon on my team are slow so thunder wave is almost a necessity shadow ball is really just a filler since I didn't know what else to put and the only other ghost move on my team is jynx's nightmare

Steelix (Steel/Ground)
@Leftovers
Iron Tail
Dig
Curse
Substitute

This thing could become a complete monster in battle if you set it up right
especially if Venasaur's light screen is up dig is here so that I can get a free lefties gain when I need it.

Starmie (Water/Psychic)
@Miracle Berry
Surf
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Recover

Really the only fast pokemon on my team surf gets STAB thunderbolt is the only offensive electric type move in my team confuse ray can be very helpful for me and very annoying for my opponent and in case my opponent uses thunder wave I have a miracle berry to heal

Jynx (Psychic/Ice)
@Leftovers
Psychic
Ice Beam
Lovely Kiss
Nightmare

start off with lovely kiss to put my opponent to sleep and gain some hp with leftovers the nightmare it to quickly drain hp.

Venusaur (Grass/Poison)
@Miracle Seed
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Light Screen

Light screen first then I sunny day just in case a fire type comes out then Solarbeam my opponent it gets STAB plus the 10% from miracle seed and if I run low on hp I can use synthesis which can restore 100% hp in sunny day

I would first make my starter either Jynx or Venusaur. A lot of people used Spikers, but I think Sleep was used more in the beginning and still is, because it made the opponent to either switch or stay in depending on the moveset, and what was next. So as that being said.

Jynx's moveset is fine, but I'd put either Substitute or Counter over Nightmare, Nightmare can work, but if your opponent switches it's kinda worthless, with Substitute, you have some protection atleast against Poison and Confusion and Paralysis, depending on what system you are battling on.

For Venusaur, that's okay in-game. But really Grass types shouldn't have Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo, because someone will bring a Charizard, or to lesser extent Typhlosion, Moltres. You should drop both of them for Sleep Powder and Razor Leaf or Giga Drain, or even Hidden Power: Grass, if you can get that on him/her. But I don't like to try to get that. Even though, I'm sure others will suggest it. You can keep Light Screen and Synthesis, they are good for healing and protecting your team.

I have not problems with your Starmie, there are so many move sets for it, it can honestly work with almost anything. If you put Thunder Wave over Bolt, you can have the death Starmie, if you put a King's rock over Miracleberry.

With Steelix, it can work again, but you should use Earthquake over Dig, and Rock Slide over Iron Tail. Even though it get's a STAB for it. It think that it's accuracy turns me away from it, and everything Iron tail can hit Rock Slide does the same. plus it hit's flyers who resist Ground attacks. You could put Rest or Roar in the place of Substitute, but if you spent a lot of time getting that, I wouldn't get rid of if, just raise another Steelix. Also Explosion is a good move after several Curses, almost nothing can defend against it, except Ghosts/Rocks/Steels.

Blissey, is a unique Pokemon, the only Pokemon who has no attack, but has the greatest movepool, IMO. Anyways, if you were ever to use Shadow Ball, you'd have to use it was Curse, Double-Edge, and Softboiled, as a joke. but I have seen it work, and even sweep. But seriously, you should drop Shadow Ball, for Seismic Toss for straight 100 damage, you could keep Reflect on her, but I think Counter would be better. But if you don't have access to Counter, Ice Beam can work too. to deal with Flyers and Physical attacks who don't resist Ice attacks. Also, she has a decent special attack, and Ice Beam could freeze them, and give Blissey a chance to switch out.

Tyranitar, that set can work. But I think Fire Blast was for Steels (basically Skarmory and Fortress, Scizor and Steeix. No one ever really used Quick Claw, but you can use it if you want. leftovers was the standard,

I hope that helped

Surf on Starmie conflicts with Sunnysaur. Nightmare is best on Restalkers, but otherwise is not that handy. EQ over Dig on Steelix, because it does not like taking 2x power EQs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)