Rate my First OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys this is my first OU team that I made by myself and it seems to be working rather well but I was wondering if there is an improvements I can make, I peaked at around 1600 showdown but I can never seem to get any higher. I am not against changes so if you have any changes please list them below.

First up is Azumarill, she tends to be my revenge killer and my talonflame and heatran counter.
Azumarill @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 HP / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Secondly Alakazam-mega, not much to be said about him, Great against greninja(out speeds) and people tend to not expect the HP fire which makes him a great scizor killer.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mandibuzz AKA MVP is amazing when it comes to killing sweepers, the bulk helps it survive and the foul play is great against scizor, lucario and even dragonite. Defog is also very important in my team which is naturally weak to rocks.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 148 Def / 248 HP / 112 Spd
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Scolipede is probably my least favorite pokemon in my team despite being the reason I built this team, I often use his baton pass to go into heatran or garchomp but people can easily predict that. seeing how Heatran is naturally weak to ground people use earthquake anyways. The only reason he is still in there now is because he can kill azumarill

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Spd / 252 Atk / 34 HP
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Garchomp is a great "sweeper" for problem pokemon, banded outrage kills everything that doesn't resist, earthquake comes in when it needs to as does fire fang, dragon claw has never been used in almost 25 battles, any thoughts on the last slot?

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

Heatran is a pokemon i can never grasp, on paper this build seems stupid but it works, stealth rock on a special attacker? Earthquakes are predictable which is why I don't run air balloon. Another one of those pokemon I wouldn't mind switching but I can't find a viable switch into.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Going from top to bottom.

Why you have Life Orb on Azumarill? I mean if you want extra power with a bulk, give it Choice Band, if you want it to setup, use the BD set or if you want it to be able to take hits, give it AV. As for Ice Punch, replace it with Play Rough for higher damage and stab, and Play Rough would cover the relevant threats better.

I still have no idea how to use spoilers, but here's the sets:

BD:
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

CB:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Facade

AV:
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

For Alakazam, I'm pretty sure Timid, LO, Non-Mega does more damage then Mega, Modest, so I'd have another mega.

Take Scolipede out and if you changed Alakazam to the LO Magic Guard set, replace Scolipede with Mega Venu as it has amazing defensive synergy with Heatran and it solves your Azumarill problem. Moves and EV's are up to you but for EV spread, I personally like using 252 HP/ 168 Def/ 88 SDef.

333 Speed isn't gonna do much considering that you have HP Ice running around everywhere like on Thundurus, you get easily outsped by Lati@s, ScarfChomp and etc. Band hits hard but Chomp should be a revenge killer. Replace the Band with Scarf, and change Fire Fang with Stone Edge. If you really want the Fire Coverage, I'd personally take Outrage off and put Fire Fang/Fire Blast in that slot.

Offensive Tran won't work because it can't even take too many hits, let alone outspeed anything. I'd change it to the Specially Defensive set so you can synergize with Venu better and it'll work better for your team.

Oh yeah, as for Mandibuzz, you could switch it for Lati@s, preferably Latios for a defogger that can still nuke shit.

Going from top to bottom.

Why you have Life Orb on Azumarill? I mean if you want extra power with a bulk, give it Choice Band, if you want it to setup, use the BD set or if you want it to be able to take hits, give it AV. As for Ice Punch, replace it with Play Rough for higher damage and stab, and Play Rough would cover the relevant threats better.

I still have no idea how to use spoilers, but here's the sets:

BD:
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
CB:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Facade

AV:
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

For Alakazam, I'm pretty sure Timid, LO, Non-Mega does more damage then Mega, Modest, so I'd have another mega.

Take Scolipede out and if you changed Alakazam to the LO Magic Guard set, replace Scolipede with Mega Venu as it has amazing defensive synergy with Heatran and it solves your Azumarill problem. Moves and EV's are up to you but for EV spread, I personally like using 252 HP/ 168 Def/ 88 SDef.

333 Speed isn't gonna do much considering that you have HP Ice running around everywhere like on Thundurus, you get easily outsped by Lati@s, ScarfChomp and etc. Band hits hard but Chomp should be a revenge killer. Replace the Band with Scarf, and change Fire Fang with Stone Edge. If you really want the Fire Coverage, I'd personally take Outrage off and put Fire Fang/Fire Blast in that slot.

Offensive Tran won't work because it can't even take too many hits, let alone outspeed anything. I'd change it to the Specially Defensive set so you can synergize with Venu better and it'll work better for your team.

Oh yeah, as for Mandibuzz, you could switch it for Lati@s, preferably Latios for a defogger that can still nuke shit.
[ hide = title ]
Text
[ / hide ]
no spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)