Rate my HGSS team (Elite Four Comp in Australia) Now with EVs!

Rate my team (HGSS)

Hi there, I live in an area where a lot of people play pokemon as a guilty pleasure. As such, three friends and I have devised and established an elite four position. We are soon going to be accepting challengers. I would like to ask everyone to rate my Pokemon team as follows;*

Forretress
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs : Def252, SDef252, Atk6
Moves:*
Spikes
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Stealth rock.
As my lead, Forretress, harbouring a high defence aside from fire types can cover the field with spikes and stealth rock while taking decent hits. If the opponents lead poses a threat otherwise, I can always confound the other trainer by using explosion. This will leave the playing field open.

Umbreon
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronise*
EVs: Def252, SDef252, Spe6
Toxic
Sunny day
Moonlight
Dark pulse
I know there are better Walls than Umbreon but I like using my favourites. Unless there is a bug/fighting threat Umbreons defence and special defence stats are quite formidable. With this moveset I simply use Toxic followed quickly by sunny day. If there are any hiccups on the horizon HP wise Umbreon will use moonlight to restore HP. If moonlight is not required I can spam Dark Pulse.

Infernape
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
EVs: SAtk252, Spe252, Atk6
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
With high stats in Special Attack and Speed, it pretty much goes without saying that Infernape is a Special Sweeper. With Life Orb boosting the power of it's moves, Infernape can cause massive damage. Even more if nasty plot is implemented. Grass Knot is a good move for Water, Rock or Ground type opponents but in mind that said pokemon are quite heavy.

Togekiss
Item: Kings Rock
Nature: Bold
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: Def252, SAtk252, Spe6
Aura Sphere
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Roost
Togekiss, if implemented properly in a battle can be quite ruthless. With great special attack and special defence it can take a hit as well as deal hits. It's true power relies on it's ability, serene grace which boosts the likeliness of added effects from moves. Combined with this moveset and the item kings rock, Togekiss is my paraflinch pokemon. Togekiss will use thunder wave followed by air slash. These two moves can cause flinching and full paralysis. Effectively rendering the target pokemon with only a 15% chance of attacking per turn. Roost comes in handy if HP is low and Aura Sphere is beneficial for when the target pokemon is a rock type.

Crobat
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Inner focus
EVs: Atk252, Spe252, HP6
Poison Fang
Roost
Super Fang
U-turn*
Crobat is essentially my wall breaker. With excellent speed it can use super fang and either switch out with U-turn or use poison fang. Poison fang deals damage and cause target pokemon to be badly poisoned. When the target is poisoned Crobat can use roost. Crobats HP will go up while the targets HP decreases.

Gallade
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: Atk252, Spe252, SDef6
Psycho cut *
Close combat
Stone edge
Swords dance
Like Infernape, Gallade is also a sweeper but of the physical variety. The moves are very much similar to Infernape accept Stone Edge which potentially negates threats from Flying type opponents. Life Orb along with Swords dance can cause massive damage if used successfully.

So there we have it. If you have any suggestions or tips, Or if you just want to rate my team out of 10, please comment.

Oh and ignore the stars, they don't mean anything. I posted this from my iPhone and they showed up. Now that my Pokemon have EVs it might be better to understand them.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Couldn't you have just edited your old thread and put on EVs?

Wouldn't Focus Blast > Close Combat be better on NP Ape? +2 Focus Blast always OHKOs 252/4 Blissey after SR with a Life Orb, not to mention you're using Timid anyway.

I don't see anything that can take a hit from a +2 Lucario, except maybe Forretress, but it needs to be at 100% health, and with no reliable recovery, it's very unlikely you'll keep it at 100%. I recommend replacing Crobat with a Choice Scarf Jirachi, or if you do not have access to it (i.e. no Pokesav), Gliscor is your best bet as Jolly Gliscor with 252 Speed EVs is faster than all non-Scarfed Lucario, and then add 252 EVs to HP for overall bulk, and the leftovers into Defense. Taunt/Roost/Earthquake/U-turn seems like it would work out. Gliscor also resists Close Combat and is bulky enough to survive a +2 ExtremeSpeed from Lucario and simply OHKO with Earthquake, even with no Attack investment.

I know you said Umbreon is one of your favorites, but Umbreon does one thing good in OU: Mean Look passing. Your team does not need this support, so I think you can toss Umbreon. You seem like you'll be having loads of trouble with Dragon Dance users, so I think the best bet is to replace it with a Choice Scarf Flygon. With a Choice Scarf, Flygon outspeeds every single Dragon Dancer in OU, even after a boost, bar Charizard who no one uses, and can KO all of them. You've probably seen this set before:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Gives you a reliable revenge killer, neutralizing the threats of Gyarados, Dragonite, and Kingdra outside of rain. Also helps out against Agility Empoleon, since Flygon will even outspeed +2 252 EV Timid Empoleon with the Choice Scarf.

Forretress also performs incredibly poorly in the lead spot, as you get bad lead matchups against common leads such as Azelf and Heatran, both of which are incredibly common. A more appropriate lead would be Azelf.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Taunt

This lead will win against most leads, and can Taunt Heatran, which it loses to. Beats every other common lead bar Aerodactyl and Machamp.

I think Togekiss and Gallade could get replaced. Gallade is plain outclassed, while Togekiss doesn't fit on the team. CB Scizor will give you a Steel-type to fill the void emptied by removing Forretress, as well as a Pursuit user to prevent Scarf Rotom-A from revenging everything. SD Lucario will serve as a far better user of Swords Dance than Gallade, and is hands-down the best Swords Dance sweeper in OU.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

I also don't know what your EV spreads are accomplishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)