XY OU Rate my Mega Venusaur team

I've been tweaking this team quite a bit and it's had some good success, but still needs that extra boost to go from a good to great team. Let me know of anything you can think of to make it better.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 HP, 4 HP
  • Draco Meteor
  • Defog
  • Surf
  • Thunderbolt
Latios is a great lead that usually guarantees at least one KO, and hopefully a quick removal of any early-game attempts to put out hazards. Draco Meteor ensures he can do massive damage to just about anyone, and timid nature assures he'll outside other dragons that are racing to use Meteor. Surf and thunderbolt provide excellent coverage for many stealth rock users and other common leads.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 SpDef
  • Ice Shard
  • Icicle Crash
  • Earthquake
  • Stealth Rock
I chose HP over Speed EVs for Mamoswine because even with speed EVs he can't outspeed much, and the added bulk makes him able to set up rocks and then still be able to land some huge hits with his great offensive typing. His EV spread also makes him able to take out the more bulky dragons by first taking a hit and then crushing them with icicle crash.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack 252 HP, 4 Speed
  • King's Shield
  • Shadow Sneak
  • Swords Dance
  • Sacred Sword
Many prefer a Special Attack Aegislash but I think his best set is right here. With his amazing defenses Aegislash can take almost any super-effective hit to activate the weakness policy while simultaneously swords dancing for an instant massive attack boost. Combining this with the proper Kings Shield usage, I've countless times found myself at maxed attack and around half HP, a devastating threat to any opponent.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
  • Psyshock
  • Thunder Wave
  • Hidden Power Fire
  • Dazzling Gleam
Alakazam can adapt to whatever I need him to be. With Magic Guard he has a guaranteed sash no matter what hazards are in play. He's great for taking down steel types, dragons, darks, and also great for crippling massive sweepers. I took Modest over Timid for the extra power, but I'd be open to switching these natures.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Def
  • Spore
  • Mach Punch
  • Bullet Seed
  • Rock Tomb
This Breloom is the king of taking out sweepers. Focus Sash and Spore is devastating, and if the sleep move has already been used up, Rock Tomb (with power 90 thanks to Technician) is great for slowing down sweepers and letting Breloom get in a Technician powered Bullet Seed or another move. Also combined with focus sash Breloom can take out the fire flying sweepers Charizard Y and Talonflame. Mach Punch is also a pretty powerful priority move thanks to Breloom's massive 130 attack stat and the added Technician Boost.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow (Thick Fat)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 HP, 4 Special Def
  • Giga Drain
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Synthesis
  • Hidden Power Fire
Thick Fat and the added bulk makes Venusaur a great tank and switch in, but his Special Attack EVs and nature allow him to do devastating damage as well. Flying and Psychic are the only types that have any hope against Mega Venusaur, however strong sweepers in those types will take him out easily. I was debating between HP Fire or Sleep Powder for the last move, but with Breloom already knowing Spore I went with HP Fire for the coverage against steels, which without it Venusaur has no answer for.

Given the HP EVs on Mamo, could it be appropriate to use Leftovers on it? On paper it looks like a SR user that's weak to it so it can be sacked but I believe that such a high Atk 'mon will be of use after the game's early stages.

EDIT: Removed my comment on Talonflame threatening your Grass redundancy because you do have a check for it - Aegislash. However, Will-O-Wisp Talonflame remains a problem for your whole team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)