1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Rate my team, just what do YOU think?

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by LordVanitas, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordVanitas

LordVanitas

*INTRODUCTION*
    I wanted a team to use in standard play, OU and Mixed battling. Welcoming any and all criticism to help better me and my team. I believe this team has great synergy and potential any questions? I know this team can be used for standard battling. Ok get to rating please.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] THE LEAD :pirate:

Kangaskhan/212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Speed Leftovers/Scrappy/Jolly:pirate:
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ Return
    Lead Set not to much to say with this one. Has the the perfect ability *scrappy* and has fake out priority Great Neutral cover.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] THE REVENGE
    Shandera/252 SpAtk/252 Speed/ 6 HP Choice Scarf/Shadowtag/Timid
    ~Shadowball
    ~OverHeat
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Psychic/Filler
    Shandera comes and follows like a shadow and a unspecting revenge killer for all steel types mainly fortress and Nattorei

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] THE OFFENSE
    Arcanine/ 252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Speed Life Orb/Intimidate/Jolly
    ~Extreme Speed
    ~Close Combat
    ~Flare Blitz
    ~Wild Bolt
    Arcanine lowers attack with intimidate and has a great atk base and is naturally bulky to take the needed switch in hits, also great move pool allows much coverage

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] THE BACK UP
    Azumarill/252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed Choice Band/Huge Power/Adamant
    ~Super Power
    ~Aqua Jet
    ~Return
    ~WaterFall
    Since the start of 4th gen azumaril has been a power house and in some cases a great sweeper and with a good but limited move pool he's plays an important role in taking down special walls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] THE CLERGIC
    Latias/112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Speed Leftovers/Levitate/Timid
    ~ Wish
    ~ Protect / Recover
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Toxic / Grass Knot
    The once ou and then uber and then ou again can be used in a variety of ways..this is just the only one i can think of at the moment that actually works with the rest of the team.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] THE SWEEPER
    Warubiaru/6 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Speed Choice Scarf/Overconfidence/Jolly
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Crunch
    ~Pursuit
    ~Earthquake
    Last but definitely not least Warubiaru the heavy hitter and main sweeper with the scary ability like overconfidence and a scarf hes nearly unstoppable. Rate
  2. Maloman

Maloman

Put overheat on shandera because you need a lot of power and plus it is a revenge killer so you would switch out anyway but it is your choice.
  3. Jaroda

Jaroda

You need to greatly expand on your descriptions. You say you think your team has great synergy, but you don:t explain how or why at all in your descriptions. You also don't explain how you handle the top threats in this metagame.

I don't get what exactly Kangaskhan is suppose to accomplish as a lead, besides fakeout. What exactly does it do better than many other leads? It doesn't set hazards, it doesn't Taunt, it doesn't Trick, it doesn't set up screens, it doesn't status, and it doesn't even hit particularly hard.

Shadow Tage Chandelure can't be used in standard play, it's an unreleased Dream World ability, so you can't use it in standard WiFi. So either use Flash Fire or use a Magnezone to actually trap Steels.

Arcanine is alright but you already have a Fire type and having two is a bad idea with so many Rain and Sand teams around. Blaziken is hands down the best Fire sweeper. Or something with a Fire move can be just as useful like a Dragonite with Fire Punch.

Azumarill doesn't need speed when it's only base 50. Put those speed EVs into HP and replace Return with Ice Punch.

I think you mean Cleric, but most of your pokemon aren't really bulky enough to abuse Wish. Wish is better for bulky offense, semi-stall or full stall, it doesn't really help all your frail sweepers. who will most likely die before receiving their Wish when switching in.
  4. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)