Last nights Dinner (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Sacred fire is Great to get the burn on physical attackers and being a physical move with that much attack helps A LOT. Sub is great to scout for your opponent's set on a certain mon, or you can get it up for free if you can predict a switch, with regenerator and LO you can recover the 25% easily. Brave Bird helps with coverage and is a must have to deal with kyogre, again the HP can be recovered fairly easily. Roost also helps recover HP a lot, and often times the opposing mon won't be able to do 50%

"Yum, Venison" (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Doubles as an xernes check and as a support pokemon, Iron head 2hko's Geo xerneas and can take a gemancy focus blast as long as it does not crit. And it can stall out a defensive xerneas as I 3hko everyset. Also acts as a good will-o-wisper, and defoger since it can't be hit by toxic. Recover is a must since it will eat up anything that is special and isn't 2x effective. Defog is needed to clear rocks for ho-oh.
Thoughts: I would really love to have T-wave on this, but I need a mon with willo-wisp, and I can potentially burn stall with this mon.

Super Saiyan Bambi (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 192 Def / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder

Pretty Standard Geomancy Set, There a very limited amount of mons that can stop it once I get a geomancy up. If I can get rid of them before hand I can win with this guy. HP fire helps ruin aegislash and Steelceus if they come in too late. Thunder is just for extra coverage, definently not a set in stone move.
Changes: Cut down on speed to give me more Defense EV's to take a Bullet punch, and some extreme speeds. Gives me a VERY nice bulk after geomancy.
Thoughts: Considering dropping back a bit on Def for some HP so I can take a palkia's hydro pump better.

Barney The Dino (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

Roar is great against lead geomancy xeneas, and he is bulky enough to take any one hit from almost anything (baring kyogre's water sprout and such) EQ helps get rid of aegislash and provides a lot of coverage when paired with stone edge.
Changes: Added speed to outspeed ho-oh's with little to zero speed EVs. And added hammer arm to help with my e-killer weakness.

Predictable check (Palkia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Rest
- Toxic

I originally had yevltal here, but had trouble with kyogre, esspecially scarfed, as water spout could sweep me, yeveltal was my weakest link, but it was also my best counter for mewtwo y, I swapped for palkia because it walls palkia and takes hits from kyogre, and hits hard. I'm still able to deal with mewtwo Y well using xerneas and other stuff.
Changes: Changed my palkia set completely, toxic is SO much better then thunder, and haveing a toxic user on the team is awesome, the other two moves hit very hard with maxx SpA and have very good coverage. Recently added rest as suggested by ApplepieFTW. toxic also makes this my lugia check, as I can toxic and my attacks will break the subs.

Bring in palkia (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

The return of Scarfogre! Cause I needed the scarfer, and gengar rarely did more then D-bond and E-killer or something. I chose scald over surf because of the burn chance, thunder and ice beam give it good coverage. Scarfogre can also check other kyogres if I want to save palkia for something else, or if it got knocked out for some reason.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Possible Changes Moving Forward:
-Changing my geoxern to a deffensive Xerneas

• I have considered changing my geoxern to a defensive xerneas, as I can rarely sweep with geoxern (10% of the games at best) and haveing a defensive xerneas would help increase it's life span by quite a bit. And help me a lot more physical attackers that I'm weak too.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shout outs to:
The_Steve_man, ApplepieFTW, and Edgar for helping me with sets.

Thanks guys :D

Last edited:
Hey man, it looks like you have a solid team. I know it sucks when no on responds to your RMT, I have a thread myself..lol So imma try my best to help you out until someone more experienced comes along to help you.

1. You have two different types of weather going on in your team. The sun is great for ho oh but the rain is gonna hamper him. With the sun out he can take great amounts of special water damage, with the rain his fire attacks become weaker and he becomes more vulnerable. The sun also effects arceus as fire attacks heading towards him will be more powerful under the sun while much weaker in the rain. Just keep this in mind when weather is part of your team. If you have kyogre for example and your team is weak to water attacks or makes use accurate thunders, then the rain works well, there's team synergy. Palkia is great under the rain for example with boosted water type attacks and accurate thunders. I'd suggest picking one weather monster for the sake of team synergy, but that would change the core of your team. It's up to you.

2. Your ho oh and yvetal are both weak to stealth rock. It requires a lot of team support to help two pokes with this weakness. I'd suggest replacing yvetal with darkrai as he can serve as a potential lead with powerful sweeping prowess without the stealth rock weakness. Just dark void, nasty plot the switch and sweep. Beware of mega mewtwo y, you'll lose one on one if he has aura sphere. Also with yvetal on your team, half your team is weak to electric attacks. Without groudon and with rain involved your opponent is going to enjoy thundering away half your team. Especially if groudon is your lead and not an end game poke.

3. Ho oh is great bulky, but I usually prefer a more offense oriented Ho oh. You're in need of a physical sweeper as you have two special ones. I'd give ho oh all attack and speed evs with 4 in hp. I'd make him hold a life orb, with brave bird, sacred fire, earthquake, and flame charge. Flame charge i've found very useful with Ho Oh as it is still very powerful under the sun and the guaranteed speed boost make him an unstoppable threat.

4. Give kyogre thunder, it never misses in the rain so thunderbolts better accuracy isn't gonna help you.

There's my advice, I'm not very experienced, but I was at 1550 in ubers (til I lost twice in a row lol) so I have had some success with these teams. Hopefully this helps you, and it'd be best if more people can check out your team and give you input. I'm still waiting for input on my thread, maybe you can help me out, lol. Anyway, best of luck laddering!

Thanks the weather was a problem, just a bit ago I replace scarfogre with Mgar. I'll think about the ho-oh but with the bulkness can take a geomancy'd thunder, and sometimes 2 t-bolts.

Last edited:
Updated my team a lot.

I'm considering dropping Ho-oh for a defensive Yveltal, and changing the kyogre to a Specially defensive CM set.

The Pros:
Very good check to Mega khan and E-killer.
Something to eat up phisical hit besides groudon, who I like having at a high HP if I need to roar latter on.
A Psychic Immunity
Sucker Punch
I still keep A special tank
Less effected by rocks.

The Cons:
Lose my Scarfer
Lose the hit a run aspect ho-oh brings (regenerater and substitute)
A bit of a grass weekness
Weaker to Ice

Updated my team a lot.

I'm considering dropping Ho-oh for a defensive Yveltal, and changing the kyogre to a Specially defensive CM set.

The Pros:
Very good check to Mega khan and E-killer.
Something to eat up phisical hit besides groudon, who I like having at a high HP if I need to roar latter on.
A Psychic Immunity
Sucker Punch
I still keep A special tank
Less effected by rocks.

The Cons:
Lose my Scarfer
Lose the hit a run aspect ho-oh brings (regenerater and substitute)
A bit of a grass weekness
Weaker to Ice
Give steelceus 248 hp, odd hp numbers are better. You also have a random 30 spdef iv's.
Rest>fire blast on palk, running fire blast instead of defeats its purpose, and you have ho-oh to wall the things that fire blast hits
Timid ogre is very weak, use modest. You dont need it to tie with any other scarfers as you have groudon for zek and palk for opposing ogre.

Also I really dont like your current ho-oh spread, I would run 252 adamant, an hp number that is odd and divisible by 3, then the rest in speed or spdef if you want it to be more bulky. If you would like to have more spdef/speed, a number divisible by 3 isnt 100% necessary, but it is optimal.
Having a scarfer is 100% required btw.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ApplepieFTW said:
Having a scarfer is 100% required BTW.
Well I wouldn't say this is necessarily true. It is super helpful to have one, but the slower pace of the meta due to defog has made a scarfer less mandatory on some teams.

By the way, I will probably rate this sometime but I can't right now

Well I wouldn't say this is necessarily true. It is super helpful to have one, but the slower pace of the meta due to defog has made a scarfer less mandatory on some teams.

By the way, I will probably rate this sometime but I can't right now
No Hurry, rate it whenever.

Give steelceus 248 hp, odd hp numbers are better. You also have a random 30 spdef iv's.
Rest>fire blast on palk, running fire blast instead of defeats its purpose, and you have ho-oh to wall the things that fire blast hits
Timid ogre is very weak, use modest. You dont need it to tie with any other scarfers as you have groudon for zek and palk for opposing ogre.

Also I really dont like your current ho-oh spread, I would run 252 adamant, an hp number that is odd and divisible by 3, then the rest in speed or spdef if you want it to be more bulky. If you would like to have more spdef/speed, a number divisible by 3 isnt 100% necessary, but it is optimal.
Having a scarfer is 100% required btw.
I followed most of your siggestions, but I am still inbetween with the nature for kyogre, but I need test it more, and do some calcs.

Another possible big change to the team I thought about is dropping Geo xerneas for a defensive yeveltal.

Hey X Legacy, nice team! Your team actually looks pretty nasty, I like how you managed to make a very solid Ho-Oh based team but using Scarf Kyogre as well, it is a combination I enjoy using myself as well! XD

However, I think your team is pretty weak to Geomancy Xerneas as it is, I recommend using Defog Mega Scizor over Arceus-Steel, this would not only give you a good Xerneas check but also, it would grant Defog for you to switch around Ho-Oh more comfortably and would also offer priority, which is always nice. As a side note, I think you should run Modest Kyogre over Timid, Scarf Kyogre appreciates more power than it appreciates Speed, allowing to KO Mega Mewtwo Y and also doing massive damage to Palkia and Arceus Water with Thunder. I also highly suggest Offensive Palkia with Toxic and Leftovers over Defensive. This would not only offer more Offensive pressure for your team but it would also lure Ferrothorn and other Steel-types since Leftovers normally means Defensive Palkia.

Sets:
Palkia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Pursuit / Toxic / U-Turn
- Roost

Great team and Good Luck!

Hey X Legacy, nice team! Your team actually looks pretty nasty, I like how you managed to make a very solid Ho-Oh based team but using Scarf Kyogre as well, it is a combination I enjoy using myself as well! XD

However, I think your team is pretty weak to Geomancy Xerneas as it is, I recommend using Defog Mega Scizor over Arceus-Steel, this would not only give you a good Xerneas check but also, it would grant Defog for you to switch around Ho-Oh more comfortably and would also offer priority, which is always nice. As a side note, I think you should run Modest Kyogre over Timid, Scarf Kyogre appreciates more power than it appreciates Speed, allowing to KO Mega Mewtwo Y and also doing massive damage to Palkia and Arceus Water with Thunder. I also highly suggest Offensive Palkia with Toxic and Leftovers over Defensive. This would not only offer more Offensive pressure for your team but it would also lure Ferrothorn and other Steel-types since Leftovers normally means Defensive Palkia.

Sets:
Palkia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Pursuit / Toxic / U-Turn
- Roost

Great team and Good Luck!
Changed kyogre to modest as suggested by applepie and edgar, I also mentione in the OP that I'm already useing the set you suggested edgar, but I dropped fire blast for rest. As for switching arceus for mega-scizor it does give me sometihng to think about, It's definently another possibility, and I like that set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)