VGC Rate My Team VGC '17 First Attempt

Hello, been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue but never really got into breeding and competitive until the very end of Gen 6. Now that Gen 7 is out, I have taken to VGC and have been messing with various teams. This is (what I think) a team that uses 'mons that are not as common just to switch it up a little. Let me know what you think!

Braviary @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4SpD
-Protect
-Tailwind
-Brave Bird
-Return

Braviary was the first choice for team. His main job is to set up Tailwind and deter Intimidate users like Arcanine and Krookodile. I am very open to changing his EVs since his bulk can go either way but I wanted him more as a support player than a heavy hitter. If he isn't facing a Koko or a steel type, a +1 Supersonic Skystrike hits very hard. Celesteela and Metagross wall him hard so Superpower is an alternate option instead of Return.

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpATK/ 252 SPEED
-Protect
-Sludge Bomb
-Power Gem
-Thunderbolt

Nihilego is the fairy killer on the team. SLudge Bomb OHKOs most Kokos and Leles and 2HKO most finis. The only problem is Garchomp walls this set as I messed up and saved when I didn't mean to while trying for HP Ice Nihilego. Also great to take a Z-Earthquake knowing that it will always survive if the Sash is still in tact.

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 124 HP/ 132 ATK/ 36 DEF / 52 SpDEF / 164 SPEED
-U Turn
-Fake Out
-Flare Blitz
-Darkest Lariat

The speed EVs are there so that Incineroar can out-speed Koko under tailwind with 202 speed. Fake out is there to help Braviary get off Tailwind if they are the leads and break sashes from Pelipper. Assault Vest makes a Thunderbolt in electric terrain a 45% chance to 2HKO from Koko as well as Moonblasts from Lele in psychic terrain a 95% chance to 3HKO. Can't wait for Intimidate to come out.

Krookodile @ Groundinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 236 ATK/ 4 DEF/ 84 SpDEF/ 180 SPEED
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Crunch

Taunt is there to stop opposing tailwinds from Pelipper and opposing Trick Rooms. EVed to outspeed max speed Arcanine (aside from Timid/Jolly sets). Earthquake is obligatory STAB and works well with Braviary. Crunch doens't hit much for SE damage but it's STAB and can lower defenses. Initimidate helps bulk up the rest of the team.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
EVs: 92 HP/ 252 DEF / 128 SpATK / 36 SPE
-Protect
-Sheer Cold
-Hydro Pump
-Freeze Dry

This set was taken from Mr. Talent. In tailwind, outspeeds Garchomp with given EVs. Makes him not afraid of Chomps even with Rock Slide thanks to leftovers and protect. Sheer Cold is there to take a gamble to take out bulky mons like Fini, Porygon and Muks when my counters to them are down. Love switching in on Waterium Z Gyarados, Golduck and Araquinids.

Decidueye @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpATK/ 252 SPEED
-Roost
-Nasty Plot
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

More of a novelty pick than anything, but can surprise opposing players expecting a physical set with Decidium Z. Fake out from Incineroar works great with Nasty Plot and if tailwind is up, I can predict when to Roost to heal up. Without tailwind, he can still make a dent in opposing Marowaks and Arcanines before going down to a Flare Blitz. With max speed evs and timid, he reaches a 134 speed and can outspeed uninvested Modest Leles and 2HKO it with Shadow Ball or OHKO with a nasty plot up.

This is my team. Suggestions/advice/tips are greatly appreciated! Need help to take it to the next level ! Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)