1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Rate my team

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by The impulse, Oct 24, 2012.

1. The impulse

The impulse

My team is for the battle frontier in Gen3. I've just started team building and I know I'm bad at it so don't be too mean. Suggestions are greatly appreciated also. Please no trade Pokemon, I don't really have a way to get anything through trade unfortunately.

NOTE: The stats with leveled EV's have 30-31 IV's, other stats vary at a range of 14-26 due to inexperience.

Salamence@leftovers

Ability: Initmidate

Nature: Adamant

EV's: 252Attk/252spe/4hp

Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Rock Slide
    Brick Break

I picked Salamance as my physical sweeper because he is such a monster, with 405 attack maxed he is truly a force to be reckoned with. I looked at smogons move set reccomendations but decided to use dragon claw because of its stab.

Sceptile@?

Ability: overgrow

Nature: modest

EV's: 252Sp.A/252spe/4Hp

Crunch
    Leaf Blade
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace

This is where my big flaw is, I didn't know what Pokemon to use to counter Ghost/Water so I chose sceptile for his move pool. I would have used dragon claw on sceptile but I moved it to Salamance for its stab. Sceptile has almost nothing to counter ice, but switching to Salamance who is also weak to ice to use brick break is a problem. Suggestions will help and maybe a new Pokemon as well.

Shuckle@leftovers

Ability: Sturdy

Nature: Sassy

EV's: 252Def/252Sp.D/4Hp

Safeguard
    Toxic
    Protect
    Rest

I honestly really like my shuckle, having a move set which makes me seems like a coward and having a cheap shot way to deal damage is quite fun. I really wouldn't like to put an attack on him because of his awful attack and Special attack but if convinced I might.
  2. The impulse

The impulse

Sorry about that, I just started on this site and I guess I skipped over the part of 6v6 only while reading rules.

I was thinking about starmie as a good replacement so I'll definitely be using it now. I'm playing Emerald so I'm afraid moxie isn't a choice from what I've read. I also like the idea of shuckles EV's, I was more focused on his defense rather than his HP which is also crucial with his def, thanks for pointing that out!

Hopefully I can get better and start battling other players other than NPC's, haha.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)