Rate My Team

Hello, my friend and me decided to use VGC rules and battle. Why? To see who has the right to buy and own Pokemon Omega Ruby and the loser will get Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I tested it out and it seems to be doing well but would just like to tweak it a bit.

My team is essentially revolved around Mega Aggron.
Bossgodora (Aggron) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
I choose Mega Aggron because he is a great tank. He is capable of taking super effective attacks and still stand only to destroy the opposing Pokemon. And thanks to Klefki, the damage would be drastically reduce. I also plan to use dragon tail to get rid of any Pokemon that may be a threat towards my team temporarily.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Draining Kiss
- Thunder Wave
Klefki would usually be sent out to set up my team by using Light screen and reflect and thanks to prankster Klefki has priority. Thanks to him Aggron will be safe from most threat. Thunder wave will be used to also prevent any other fast Pokemon from making their move first. Draining kiss is also good for healing and attacking.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Baton Pass
Vapereon is here to take care of Ground, fire or and any pesky dragon type Pokemon. Wish and baton pass is used to heal any Pokemon specifically Aggron. Also his attacks has the possibility of causing status condition. Vaporeon would also stay in for a while thanks to its HP, Def and leftovers.

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Rest
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room
Trevenant will use Trick Room to make Aggron go first. Horn Leech will cause damage and also heal himself. I also chose because of his ability harvest and the lumberry. Rest would be used to heal him and the berry would cure him with the 50% chance of receiving the berry back thanks to its ability/

Salamence @ White Herb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
My special sweeper, I gave it white herb so it could use Draco Meteor and still keep its Special Attack intact. It was also selected to take care of fire types that may be a threat to Aggron. With Dragon Dance it would boost his speed and make him even more of a threat.

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
Another sweeper with also the possiblity of being a scouter if I choose to throw him out first. With its gale wing it would have priority in flying type moves which will come in handy when its trying to heal. He would probably used for a revenge kill or possibly to finish off the remaining pokemon.

I will also use this for online play and with my friends. It would be nice to get some feedback. I really want Pokemon Ruby so this is kinda important.

An overall decent team, although you have made the classic mistake of someone new to doubles! Basically, most of your team should have protect. Use protect over dragon dance for salamence, over stealth rocks for aggron, over roost for talonflame and over baton pass on vaporeon. Change aggrons nature to brave and talonflames to adamant!
If you dont wanna use my adbice, ok, but I would certainly advisenou try out my changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)