Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Blaze
4 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
-Earthquake
-Focus Blast
-Solar Beam
-Fire Blast

This Charizard set is the end result of my having gone through about 3 different Charizard Y setups, ranging from the standard sets carrying Fire Blast, Focus Miss, Solar Beam, and either Dragon Pulse or Roost, to more radical sets carrying Flare Blitz and putting significant investment in Attack. I settled on this setup because Heatran and Charizard X are big threats to my team, and Charizard is a great lure for both of those Pokemon. With minimum investment in Attack, an Earthquake from my Charizard will 2HKO Heatran after Leftovers, and has a 52.3% chance to 2HKO Charizard X(this goes up to a guaranteed 2HKO with Rocks up).

Calculations:

4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 284-336 (73.5 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 136-162 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO

4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 136-162 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Nature: Timid
Ability: Justified
4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
-Hidden Power Ice
-Secret Sword
-Scald
-Hydro Pump

Keldeo is here as both a part of a F/W/G core, as well as a way to deal with specially bulky Pokemon. Chansey and Blissey have proven to be giant thorns in my side, seeing as how Mega Charizard Y cannot touch either of them. In addition to Chansey and Blissey, Keldeo also helps deal with Heatran, which helps take the load off of some of the other Pokemon on my team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
252 HP / 90 Def / 168 Sp. Def
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

My Ferrothorn is a relic of sorts from 5th Gen, as suggested by the spread and the moveset. However, it's been working fabulously so far. I run both Stealth Rock and Leech Seed to create maximum amounts of residual damage, as well as some form of healing. In addition, I run both Gyro Ball and Power Whip as way to deal with bulky Waters.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin

Excadrill was an auto-add to my team as a way to deal with entry hazards, seeing as how I run Charizard. I run Jolly in order to outspeed all variants without Scarf or Sand Rush. Iron Head gives me a way to punish Fairy, Rock, and Ice Pokemon, while Earthquakes hit almost everything else for strong neutral coverage. Outside of STAB moves, Rock Slide gives me a way to hit the Bug and Flying types that I wouldn't be able to hit otherwise, and Rapid Spin blows away the Rocks that threaten Charizard.

Latios @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Roost

Latios runs on this team as part of my Charizard Y / Metagross / Latios core, and helps take some of the weight off of Keldeo in regards to the job of taking on specially bulky Pokemon. In the last two slots, I chose to run Surf and Roost as a way to beat Heatran and bulky Ground-types(in the case of the former), and a way to heal off damage and keep Latios around in the long run. Between his base 110 Speed, 130 Sp. Atk, and strong STAB moves, Latios is the third Pokemon on my team that provides both wallbreaking and late-game cleaning.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Sp. Def
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Earthquake

Metagross' role on this team is a rather simple one: tank special hits and hit hard on the physical end. With a strong STAB priority, Meteor Mash, Pursuit, and Assault Vest, Metagross is a great trapper and check to special attackers. Bullet Punch is the sole form of priority on my team, which fills a very important niche. In addition, having an additional way to deal with Fairies is also a nice touch.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to look at my team, and I'm also very sorry if this isn't the right format for presenting it.

aim Hey Joey, big fan, and I'd really appreciate it if I could get your opinion on my team. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: aim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)