Staraptor@ Choice Band

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252atk/252spe/4hp

~ Brave Bird
~ Close Combat
~ Double-Edge
~ U-Turn

This is The Starter of my team. It's good speed and attack makes it an exellent Choice Bander. Its Intimidtae and those two is why I use this as my starter.

Infernape@ Life Orb

Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252spe/232spA/24atk

~ Close Combat
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot
~ Nast Plot

This is my sweeper. Before Nasty Plot it is hard to win. Even Blissey and Snorlax will not win this because of Close Combat. I put max speed evs because of then any other Infernapes can't overspeed this.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus

~ Close Combat
~ Extremespeed
~ Crunch
~ Swords Dance

My Psychical sweeper. Extremespeed is for Infernapes, Azelfs and Alakazams wich is OHKO.

Cresselia@ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Nature: Bold

- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Charge Beam

Other Psychical Wall for Infernapes and Gyaradoses.

Swampert@ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240hp/216def/52spA
Nature: Relaxed

- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

My Psychical Wall. It is for Tyranitars and Garchomps.

Blissey@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252def/108spA/148hp

~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Thunder Wawe
~ Ice Beam

This is my Special Wall. It takes all Special attacks and then can heal itself with Softboiled. Thunder Wawe is for weakening opponents pokemons.

Here it is RMT.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Staraptor@ Choice Band

~ Brave Bird
~ Close Combat
~ Double-Edge
~ Pursuit

This is my The Starter of my team. It's good speed and attack makes it an exellent Choice Bander. Its Intimidtae and those two is why I use this as my starter.

I guess this is fine, being standard.

Infernape@ Life Orb

~ Close Combat
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot
~ Nast Plot

This is my sweeper. Before Nasty Plot it is hard to win. Even Blissey and Snorlax will not win this because of Close Combat. I put max speed evs because of then any other Infernapes can't overspeed this.

I like this, too. Once again, standard.

Gengar@ Life Orb

Nature: Timid
Evs: 252spe/252spA/4hp

~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Hypnosis

Nothing special. My other Special Attacker.

Yeah.

Electivire@ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive

~ Thunderpunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake

Can take Electric attacks and after that I can OHKO Garchomp, Salamence and Gyarados. Many other pokemon falls too.

Another one.

Skarmory@ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252hp/156def/96atk/4spe
~ Brave Bird
~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Roost

My Psychical Wall. Brave Bird is for Heracross and Roost for healing myself. And Spikes take damage from opponent and the I can switch to Infernape.

Ah, yes! You are using a Spikes version as oppose to the Stealth Rock variant. I like the Atk EVs to damage Gyarados more.

Blissey@ Leftovers

~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Thunder Wawe
~ Ice Beam

This is my Special Wall. It takes all Special attacks and then can heal itself with Softboiled. Thunder Wawe is for weakening opponents pokemons.

I guess the EVs are a slight change, not much, though.

Ok, I have a few things to mention. The team looks good seperatly, but as a whole, I'm not too convinced.

There's a Gyarados weak, no question about that. Even with your Atk EVs on Skarmory you're already taking 45% ish from a Dragon Danced Waterfall. This isn't good.

The first 4 Pokemon are brittle in comparrison to the Skarm/Bliss combination. This isn't good for taking on the opposing Garchomp, Tyranitar, Lucario and Infernape. Four Pokemon who can actually tear your team apart. There's a slight Hera problem, but when you see the CC hit your Skarmory, you can switch to Gengar to avoid the 2nd CC.

Garchomp beats all respective Pokemon with a OHKO: Electavire, Staraptor, Infernape and Gengar. If he has Scarf, you're in definat trouble. The opponent can abbuse their ChainChomp version if it comes in on the right Pokemon, ie: Skarmory. Choice Band Chomp with Stealth Rock Support is going to hurt just as much, there's no solid counter to Garchomp, but this team has to relie on serious prediction and/or sacrafice a Pokemon just to scare him away.

Tyranitar, where can I start? There's no Pokemon here that will take care of the Choice Band version. Not to forget Tyranitar has coutless sets that can tear a team apart, and like Garchomp, has no solid counter. It once again leads you to use your Pokemon as a Substitute just to bring in your Infernape to scare him away.

Infernape will beat your team if he outspeeds your own. If you have already used your respective Hypnosis from your Gengar, you will be unable to stop Infernape. I cannot stress this enough.

Lucario has become so popular over this last month. With the Swords Dance Life Orb set. If the opponent is using Bullet Punch over the 2nd non-prioty move (Stone-Edge/Crunch), you will lose unless you have Staraptor. Many Lucario users know that SR is almost vital for Lucario to demolish teams with, so it won't help Raptor losing 25% to then be OHKOed by a Extremespeed. Lucario beats the team.

Ok, so the team needs to counter the majority of common threats to be able to user Skarm/Bliss effectively. This team hasn't got them counters,yet.

I will post later to add fixes to the team. For now, I'm just letting you know what to look out for.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's see here.

Gliscor, Cressilia and Forretress would work over Skarmory, Electavire and Staraptor.

If you use Cressilia, Blissey, Gliscor, Gengar, Infernape and Forretress. You won't have clear weaknesses. You might still have to provide Wish support for the team with Blissey. Unless, you chose to use Aromatheraphy and you let your Cressilia and Forretress use Rest. That way, Infernape will be your main choice of attack while Gengar causes damage with Spikes to help Infernape sweep later on. Let's say for instance you use the same Gengar, Blissey and Infernape. Working with the 3 to be added.

Gliscor (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/8 Spd/74 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Cresselia (♀) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Calm Mind / Toxic
- Grass Knot

Forretress (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/120 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest / Spikes / Earthquake (If Earthquake, use a Relaxed nature)
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Everything is self-explanitory. Try them changes and let me know how you do.

as i type this, i hope i beat KOB for the mamoswine weakness XD. replace lucario with heracross to fix it. not completely but better.

Originally Posted by Fat Dark-Salamence
Rate my Team

Staraptor@ Choice Band

~ Brave Bird
~ Close Combat
~ Double-Edge
~ Pursuit

This is my The Starter of my team. It's good speed and attack makes it an exellent Choice Bander. Its Intimidtae and those two is why I use this as my starter.

Double-Edge + Close Combat + Brave Bird = suicide. Return please.

Infernape@ Life Orb

~ Close Combat
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot
~ Nast Plot

Life Orb? No. Snorlax + Gengar will stall you. And it does OHKO to many pokemons without Life Orb.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus

~ Close Combat
~ Extremespeed
~ Crunch
~ Swords Dance

My Psychical sweeper. Extremespeed is for Infernapes, Azelfs and Alakazams wich is OHKO.

The same comment. The diference is because all metagame doesn't have a great Physical Wall as Blissey as a Special Wall. Close Combat + Life Orb is suicide too. Takes Focus Sash.

Cresselia@ Leftovers

- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Charge Beam

Other Psychical Wall for INfernapes and Gyaradoses.

Be careful. Infernapes after 1 Nasty Plot does 2HKO in Cresselia with Flamethrower.

Gliscor@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/8 Spd/74 SDef
Nature: Impish

- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt

My Psychical Wall. It is for Tyranitars, Garchomps, Heracrosses, Lucarios.

About Tyranitar: Boah can OHKO you with Ice Beam.
About Garchomp: Be careful with Outrages and Draco Meteors.
Lucario: Be careful with the Special form.
Heracross: Without Guts, Heracross is a bug for Gliscor.
Taunt takes DD Gyarados, SDacner and makes Forretress useless.

Blissey@ Leftovers

~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Counter
~ Flamethrower

Forretress used Explosion. Hi, I'm Dugtrio. My name is Electivire. And I'm Weavile.
Flamethrower can makes a surprise for Forri and Weavile. Counter takes Dugtrio and Electivire.

Here it is RMT.

Your team needs a wisher. ScarfCross makes a party if Gliscor is fainted.

you have 3 wallish pokes and 3 sweepers who wear themselves out with almost every move, especially in sand/with sr down. adding wish on blissey would help the team alot.

a boah running dark pulse/crunch, sub, f-punch, icebeam takes out 5/6 of your team if it gets a sub up. a good replacement would be a swampert which acts as both a sturdy tank (send t-tar packing with eq or surf) and stealth rocker

OKey. Swampert can help with Garchomp and Tyranitar. Wich Swampert will be better, Mixpert or Psychical Swampert. And wich one i'll take off from my team? I'm not going to put Counter and Flsmethrower on blissey. U-Turn can be over Pursuit because Gengar can kill Stara with Thunderbolt and Alakazam with Stabed Psychic.

Overall your team has problems handling Tyranitar, DDTar/Boah to be exact.

And Light's CrushKing owns this team.

You should keep Pursuit on Staraptor, a Physical lead is likely to switch out due to intimidate, and it keeps your opponent guessing if they do switch due to Pursuit reseting the CB on a running opponent.

Outspeeding other Infernapes with a Mixape is something you wouldn't want feasible. Your low-physical offense and their resistance to both Grass Knot and Flamethrower is likely to set off their Blaze assuming you went first, giving them the upper hand.

Cresselia having Charge Beam and CM seems strange on this team, it looks like you could use some Sleep-Immunity, seeing as your team is outrun by many common Sweepers. Gengar is specifically tough especially if it runs Explosion for Blisseys. Replacing CM on Cress with Sleep-Talk is a solution, and Lucario resists Gengars STAB so you don't have to worry about him.

Lucario won't OHKO any of those pokes you mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)