Rate My Team

Team:

Gengar w/ Choice Scarf
Levitate | Modest (+ Special Attack, - Attack)
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Move Set:
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

Gengar leads are extremely popular and they are effective so that's why I use mine, usually does well to help me out during battles but other wise this thing works fine

Scizor w/ Life Orb
Technician | Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
232 HP / 252 Attack / 24 Defense
Move Set:
~ Quick Attack
~ X-Scissor
~ Swords Dance
~ Roost

Scizors are becoming more popular now but they still are effective, this thing does wonders for me and really helps me out in tight situations

Vaporeon w/ Leftovers
Water Absorb | Bold (+ Defense, - Attack)
188 HP / 252 Defense / 68 Special Attack
Move Set:
~ Ice Beam / Toxic
~ Protect / Hidden Power Electric
~ Wish
~ Surf

Vaporeon works wonders when used efficiently, heals well and with Protect it works wonders, I'm not sure if I should HP Electric for Gyarados's instead of Protect or not.

Lanturn w/ Leftovers
Volt Absorb | Calm (+ Special Defense, - Attack)
40 HP / 136 Special Attack / 252 Special Defense / 80 Speed
Move Set:
~ Thunderbolt
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam / Confuse Ray
~ Thunder Wave

Lanturn is a beast, it's one my favorite pokemon and does really when, it's been doing excellent when I use it, I either make it Parafusion or a fighting Special Sponge, but what ever this poke does well and also helps me absorb some electric attacks.

Umbreon w/ Leftovers
Synchronize | Careful (+ Special Defense, - Special Attack)
252 HP / 56 Defense / 200 Special Defense
Move Set:
~ Baton Pass / Protect
~ Curse
~ Payback
~ Wish

This thing does well as a set-up wall, and it takes a while to take down, with it's decent walling stats this does well and curse boosting up his Attack and Defense this thing does really well unless walled by steels and other pokes

Infernape w/ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Blaze | Naive (+ Speed, - Special Defense)
24 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 232 Speed
Move Set:
~ Grass Knot
~ Hidden Power Ice / Nasty Plot
~ Flamethrower
~ Close Combat

Mixape is the best wall breaker in the game I say, it has excellent stats, and a great move pool and can cover a lot of types

Edit:
Here are the pokes i'm replacing and what I'm replacing them with
Forretress > Scizor

Forretress w/ Leftovers
Sturdy | Impish (+ Defense, - Special Attack)
252 HP / 200 Defense / 56 Special Defense
Move Set:
~ Rapid Spin
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock

Machamp>Infernape

Machamp w/ Expert Belt / Lum Berry
No Guard | Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
160 HP / 252 Attack / 96 Speed
Move Set:
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Ice Punch
~ Stone Edge
~ Sleep Talk

Weakness/Resistance Chart (With Machamp and Forretress)

alright here is my amature rating! are ya ready?

lemme start by saying that this team covers its own weaknesses amazing well and is also very sturdy. However, that in itself creates a weakness. There will be a lot of switching on both sides of whoever this team battles, right? you have nothing to absorb toxic spikes or spin them away. besides that, stealth rock and spikes will chip away at this team and at an alarming rate. I truly love scizor and umbreon, but i think changing them might help the team.

Switching scizor for forretress will give you not affect your defensive coverage at all and will give you your own spikes and a spinner. a reliable recovery move and attack will obviously be missed, but wish is somewhat reliable [and you have 2 wishers] and gyro ball is nothing to laugh at. Also, your scizor looks easily walled, even if you say it got you out of tight spots =/

I really do love umbreon and i really do hate blissey, but the swap will greatly help your team imo. a special wall for a special wall losing a weakness [bug], once again doing little to defensive coverage. Obiviously umbreon will handle psychic attacks aimed at gengar better than blissey, but blissey can handle all special attacks like nothing. Aeromatheorapy and wish support [yes i know umbreon had that too] will greatly aid this team. there is nothing that likes seismic toss or t-wave either.

well, hope that helped :p

thanks man, that was a lot of help, and i see your point, I just noticed that this team has a little trouble with T-Tar as he just took down poke after poke, so I think Forretress would be a good addition to the team, thanks and I'll include it instead of Scizor but if I get rid of Scizor I'll need to put a new Physical Sweeper, and I'm not sure about the Blissey but I may still add it. All I need is to put a new Physical Sweeper in which I may just move Mixape to Physical Ape. Thanks for the suggestions

well the way i see it you have a huge infernape weakness and if ur gangar dies it kills ur team...more so if it can out run ur nape.....not sure what to counter it though

Mixape doesn't OHKO Lanturn even with a Nasty Plot over it's belt

Mixape with no Nasty Plot with Life Orb vs. Lanturn with this EV Spread : 42.39% - 49.88%

Mixape with 1 Nasty Plot with Life Orb vs. Lanturn with this EV Spread : 83.54% - 98.25%

So I think Lanturn can help out with my Mixape issue

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Actually, Vaporeon alone handles MixApe, so I don't really see the need of Lanturn here, it's just filling in as your favorite pokemon really, but whatever. If you're trying to decide between Infernape and Machamp, I would rather just go Lucario or Heracross, so SkarmBlissCress does not own you. I know you like Umbreon and all, but it really fails to wall pokemon in the current metagame, Lucario and Heracross being some of them. I would just put a Skarmory or Gliscor here, Gliscor to help you out with Garchomp, and Skarmory to help you out with Weavile.

Not a complete rate, just a thought.

Well you know Gliscor would be a bigger help rather than Umbreon I see your point, Lanturn isn't there for a favorite pokemon but Lanturn is there because it is a good poke, let alone it's tier placement, I put it there to help me just incase I needed something to take a hit, status, and it can also do it's part of the deal with damage, otherwise it wouldn't be there, but thanks for the Gliscor idea i'll add him instead of Umbreon, but I would prefer Machamp / Mixape > Heracross or Lucario but thanks for the suggestion or as you said it thought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)