Rate My Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright My first RMT post, so bear with me.

I have tested this team quite a few times, and have only lost once, so I find it to be quite effective.

Setup:

Lead:

Aerodactyl.
Jolly @ focus sash
252 speed 252 attack 4 HP
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Comments: Stealth Rock Is extremely important for this to work because a focus sash will spoil a sweep and hurt. a lot. So I chose jolly aerodactyl as it is the fastest Stealth Rocker in the game, has access to all moves, and is immune to sandstorm should it need to re-enter after a rapid spin.

Passer:

Smeargle
Jolly/Timid @ Salac Berry
Spore
Sub
BD
BP
Comments: I Find the +6 +1 Attack/Speed To be Ridiculously useful. I highly suggest Passing to Scizor or Gliscor, As they have the most type coverage.

Sweepers:

Tyranitar:
Jolly @ Babiri Berry
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Crunch
Fire Punch
Comments: This entire team is immune to sandstorm, with little shared weakness, I Prefer Sending Him Out to Opponents faster than Smeargle to set sandstorm up.

Scizor:
Jolly/Adamant @ life orb
252 attack / 252 speed / 4 def
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Swords Dance / Baton Pass.
Superpower
Comments: Very useful when BD passed to. Baton Pass Can Be swapped for Swords dance if you feel confident in your ability to baton pass from smeargle, and a fire type is sent in such as scarf Infernape. Losing the pokemon with the +6 +1 atk/speed boost could be fatal. Baton Pass on Both Scizor and Gliscor Gives Switching abilities between the two.

Gliscor:
Jolly/Adamant @ life orb / Yache Berry:
252/252/4 atk/speed/hp
SwordsDance / Baton Pass
Earthquake
Stone Edge
AERIAL ACE.
Comments: This Set Can be Destroyed By Machamp with dynamicpunch. not just by its raw power, but by the confusion. Gliscor has aerial ace to take care of this problem. Baton Pass for same as scizor.

Metagross
Adamant @ Life Orb
252/252/4
atk/speed/def
agility
meteor mash
earthquake
explosion.
Comments: A BD/Salac Boosted Metagross Would Be Extremely Hard to beat.
Is only there to fill up a final slot. Can be replaced with Mamoswine for anti-dragon ice shard, Spike Skarmory if you favor extra switch in damage, Magnezone/Jirachi/Empoleon/Heatran If you want a special attacker in this set, though i suggest against it because once baton passed to, the physical attackers have a high enough stat to 1hko physical walls. Ninjask can be put in this spot to have as a backup in case Smeargle is unable to pass and faints.

It's good, overall and good played it would be such a kick *ss team. BUT! smeargle needs focus sash..he can die of a move if the foe has a move that is 100 base or more (salamence or machamp)XD haha well back to the point: i mean smeargles moveset is damn right but i would put focus sash instead of salac berry. Gliscor is more used as a wall than an attacker. And it needs a restoring move, like roost. Your scizzor looks cool + +!. Tyranitar too. But your entire team is sweeped, as you said, by a machamp with the dizzy punch(my way to call dynamic punch, yea im crazy) Metagross can be beaten by machamp too if it dont have the power of the belly drum of smeargle..you see now the importance of the focus sash..thought it would only be one hp point..so change bd for dragon dance. One and it will be fast. use spore, then another dragon dance, then sub and baton pass. metagross will be fast enought and +2 atk so it'll be a supasweeper. Your lead rocks, Thought i use ninjask, But stealth rock support is always good. You got the sweepers..you got 4 of them. I use two. You need a special wall like umbreon a annoyer and a special atacker. annoyer can be a plant type..breelom fits that(spore) and can learn fighting moves. Special atacker i would suggest heatran for the dragon pulse..u got the idea? i mean..dragon pulse choice spects 252 ev sa heatran can kill salamence in one blow... scary ^^ hope i helped

Changes

Your team has a couple of problems with shared weaknesses. An infernape with Close Combat/Flare Blitz/HP [Ice]/Mach Punch could sweep your team pretty easily. Also I think smeargle are pretty fragile and can get OHKO'd by bullet punch. Also even if you do Baton Pass a belly drum on to Gliscor it's still a really slow pokemon and liable to get killed by anything faster than it. As garchonpnouber said before me, your team has no walls (barring Gliscor) and no special sweepers. This allows Bronzong or skarmory to also wreak havoc on your team as your only counter to it is Tyranitar's fire punch. both of these problems could be solved by having a special sweeper. I would recommend keeping to one Baton Pass recipient as like with all pure baton pass teams, once the chain is destroyed, there's nothing left for you to do. If you're team has problems with machamp put an aerial ace on your scizor which will one shot machamp most of the time. also as a wall I would recommend Dragonite as he he walks all over Infernape who seems to be a great counter to your team.

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread. Also, don't use abbreviations for the names of the moves and add your EV spread for Smeargle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)