Rate my UU team

Hey people of smogon! I just thought I'd post my UU team and explain how I use it and hope for some feedback in ways to improve my team to make it better in the tier.

So I started by taking my new favourite pokemon, Luxray, and making a team which fits around him and can answer most his checks and counters.

Thor Doge (Luxray) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang​
Luxray is the main physical threat of my team. It has great coverage to take out other UU threats like Mega Aerodactyl, Lucario etc. Choice band on Luxray makes it extreemley strong, often OHKO'ing anything that doesnt resist it, and dealing a hefty chunk of damage if it does'nt.

Munkeh (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fire Blast
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out​

Infernape is usually my lead. With fake out to stop the opponents lead to stop setting up, it can really stop the opponents plans early in the battle. Infernape is also my designated wall breaker, so it can deal with both Gligar and Blissey, from what i've seen, the two most common walls on the UU ladder at the minute. Infernape is wall'd by flash fire Chandaleure however, which is a slight problem as my team does'nt have much to deal to deal with chandy that I can just throw into it without worry of it being OHKO'd.

lol UU is fun (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
Standard blissey set. My designated special wall, but ev'd so it can also take a few physical hits aswell. Its main purpose is to be a cleric role and toxic stall the opponents special 'mons and other walls. Unlike in OU, there isn't ferrothorns running around in every team, so running toxic is usually safe.

2 swords 1 hilt (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Sleep Talk
Aside from scaring of the opponent with the punny name, Doublade does work in this team. Its the physical wall that cant get bogged down by status, because of its typing and rest. Much like Blissey, its job is to toxic stall and take hits. The only problem it faces is Knock off, which will do a hefty amount of damage aswell as get rid of its eviolite, making it less durable for future attacks.

Thor Kitty (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
Jolteon is the only special 'mon on this team aside from Infernapes fire blast. It has great coverage and I usually use it to counter Celebi with signal beam, Chandy with Shadowball, and Gliscor with HP ice. Volt switch is there for coverage and getting out of tight situations if it needs to. With the life orb, Jolteon almost always OHKO's anything it is Super effective to, the boosted damage really helps its huge special attack stat. Its 130 speed allows it to outspeed a scarfed chandaleure (80x1.5=120), from where you can kill it with a shadow ball.

Prehistoric Chicken (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
And that brings us to my Mega for this team, and as with a lot of UU teams, its Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl is such a great physical sweeper and revenge killer in the UU ladder at this time. It gets great coverage and has a huge attack and speed stat. It is used on this team as a revenge killer and to cover the ground type weakness that 3 of my mons have. I also use it to bait out electric type attacks, then to switch to jolteon to heal it back up with Volt absorb. It fits really well on the team and makes it well rounded and complete.

Well, that's my team, let me know what you think and how you would improve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)!

Last edited:
Your team has a horrible ground weakness with 4 pokes getting maimed by them with only mega aero to counter

With Infernape get rid of fire blast and just use flare blitz as your fire attack (especially since it misses all the time and you are not running a mixed set), close combat is a must especially since you have focus sash and it's one of infernape's best moves

Run something other than Doublade, he's pretty out classed in UU. Lots of bulky UU pokemon to take it's place and I suggest picking one with a good typing to synergize with your team and has good defense to balance out Blissy's defense. Also you don't really need 2 toxic pokes.

Maybe a wish passer or making bliss run wish (optional). You also don't have a spinner or defogger so if an enemy team has a large amount of hazards you are kinda screwed. Another thing you are lacking is hazards yourself, which you don't need to run, but is extremely helpful

Luxray and jolteon together is unnecessary. You have to get rid of one.

Don't give Mega Aerodactyl 4 hp EVs because that will give him an even number of EVS. Meaning he takes supper effective damage to rocks so he'll take 25% damage instead of 24%, so he could switch into a stealth rock with 1 hp left
Aqua tail is awful with a 10% chance to miss and there are better options such as, Hone claws, Earthquake, and Aerial Ace.

You don't have any moves to hit fighting, electric, poison, or ghost types super effectively. Best to get some different types of pokemon for the best STAB combos instead of having a bunch of pokemon with really weak coverage moves

Your team has a horrible ground weakness with 4 pokes getting maimed by them with only mega aero to counter

With Infernape get rid of fire blast and just use flare blitz as your fire attack (especially since it misses all the time and you are not running a mixed set), close combat is a must especially since you have focus sash and it's one of infernape's best moves

Run something other than Doublade, he's pretty out classed in UU. Lots of bulky UU pokemon to take it's place and I suggest picking one with a good typing to synergize with your team and has good defense to balance out Blissy's defense. Also you don't really need 2 toxic pokes.

Maybe a wish passer or making bliss run wish (optional). You also don't have a spinner or defogger so if an enemy team has a large amount of hazards you are kinda screwed. Another thing you are lacking is hazards yourself, which you don't need to run, but is extremely helpful

Luxray and jolteon together is unnecessary. You have to get rid of one.

Don't give Mega Aerodactyl 4 hp EVs because that will give him an even number of EVS. Meaning he takes supper effective damage to rocks so he'll take 25% damage instead of 24%, so he could switch into a stealth rock with 1 hp left
Aqua tail is awful with a 10% chance to miss and there are better options such as, Hone claws, Earthquake, and Aerial Ace.

You don't have any moves to hit fighting, electric, poison, or ghost types super effectively. Best to get some different types of pokemon for the best STAB combos instead of having a bunch of pokemon with really weak coverage moves
Huh, its weird how much you miss when putting a team together, thank you very much for the feedback, ill edit my team in the ways you suggested and hopefully I can ladder with it to better effect! Thank you again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)