SM OU Rate My Webs-TR Team!

Hi this is a team I was building for a long time and put a lot of thought into it. It's hopefully gonna revolutionize the way people approach teambuilding! So without further a due let's dive into the team:

TR-WEBS-HO

TR_webs.png

So the overall idea of the team is to have ultimate speedcontrol. Is it more worth to have speedcontrol via webs for Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, And eventually even Marowak-Alola, or is it more worth to go the TR route for Magearna and Marowak? TR can also come in handy is the opponent sets up eg. DD-Dragonite (Like in the replay at the end of the thread), DD-Gyarados (both aren't too common tbf), or any other Sweeper that is setting and rather fast.

Let's begin with the key mon to this strategy:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

So it's the key mon to the whole strategy because it has access to Sticky Webs. Sash is ofc so you can live atleast one hit and get up atleast sticky webs 100% the time. But usually you Spore first and then set up your hazards. If you can then set up Rocks to put the opponent under pressure and to ensure certain KOs. If you still got time then TR as Smeargle should die.

Now comes up a nice support:

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Ice Beam

Cresselia is mainly there to support the team. It is physically defensive so it can more easily set up TR on physical attackers, while Magearna rather sets it up on special attackers. TR and Moonlight should be obvious. Lunar Dance is to bring back a mon that was crippled or is basically useless. Its also nice to get into a mon easily after setting up a TR. Ice Beam because its hits always (no immunities). By the way Mental Herb secures to have at least one 100% to set up a Trickroom.

TR-Sweeper No.1:

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Magearna is one of the heavy hitters in the team. But more important: the third TR-Setter. Tbolt, Flash Cannon and Focus Miss are an overall amazing Coverage. Electrium Z is there to nuke which works even better more effectively under the Electric Terrain that is set up by Tapu Koko. For example it can open up the door for Ash-Greninja by nuking Toxapex:

252+ SpA Magearna Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 352-416 (115.7 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It can also work as an pivot for special attacks because of it's great typing and defensive capabilities.

Now the Main physical attacker:

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Thunder Punch / Earthquake / Bonemerang

It is a real threat under TR. Although SR is a nuisance to it. That is why I decided to make it Rockhead. Under TR it is important to use your TR Turns as effective as possible. So SD up if possible and then nuke with Flare Blitz or even Thunder Punch under electric terrain. 136 Speed Evs are for uninvestet base 61 mons or lower such as Magnezone, Tyranitar and Celesteela mainly. That way you can outspeed them even without TR and without Webs, just in case. But if they have speed you outspeed them anyway because of the webs! (Well Steela not). You can also Run Earthquake or Bonemerang instead of Thunderpunch if you rather hit Rocktypes for example.

Now another Pokemon that makes this team not too dependent on TR or Webs, even tho webs are nice for it in case of Scarfers:

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

As teased this is a real threat because it basically outspeeds every Pokemon in its Ashform. It also gives the team a form of Priority. U-turn let's you switch more or less safely into one of the TR-Setters. Hydro Pump for the necessary damage and Dark Pulse as another great STAB-Move.

Now the last Pokemon. A Terrain Setter which is able to give you momentum. No other mon then:

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

First off I think I have to explain Terrain Extender. Trickrooms main problem is that it only has like 3-4 turns left to abuse it after setting it up. So Terrain Extender helps the team to also profit from Kokos Terrain. In this case mainly Magearna. Taunt is to help with the Stall MU and to help against Set Up monsters. U-turn has the same purpose as in Ash-Greninjas set, to get in you TR-Setter more safely. HP Ice and Tbolt for the famouse boltbeam Coverage.

Now at last a little replay for you guys. That way you can grasp the general idea of how the team is supposed to work a little better [Btw got it in my first attempt]:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-632944219

(A little sidenote to the battle: On turn 24 I expected a Sucker Punch that is why I SD'd instead of attacking)

LAST WORDS:

Thanks you for reading :)

And a hastebin ofc:

https://hastebin.com/oxawosageq.diff

Hey pretty cool team but I just want to make you aware sticky webs could be detrimental to your team if you set up trick room at a bad time. For example in the game you saved, if that marowak set up a swords dance on the turn cresselia went for trick room and if you didn't get lucky with greninja water shuriken (2 crits + hit 5 times) it would have swept the rest of your team as webs makes it slower than everything.

I just wanted to make you aware of this because you could lose games because of this. Just a heads up ^^

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol I got tagged

electrium z is indeed better for this team ThiccTornadus because it can release a quick blast during the limited periods of time of electric terrain and trick room which this team focus on. My team is unique and need the bonus coverage for magearna to solo that's why I use the expert belt

BaSr it's true I'm not the greatest teambuilder on smogon but You shouldn't be so arrogant. Whoever the greatest team builder on smogon is, they won't be even helping you because it would be way below their pay grade. I would love to see how high this team peak on the ou ladder.

Okay I think you need some help. I was meme-ing this whole time, because that team is fucking horrible. It's literally a counterplay to itself. I wanted to show off that a lot of people do their RMT so terrible that even such a bad team, as the one i build on purpose so bad, can get a lot of likes. And people even thinking this team should be taken seriously. The thing is it should not. Metal Sonic So no worries I'm not arrogant, I'm just telling the truth (Ebelt on mage is an unset ALWAYS), and trying to help you to get better, that's why I criticized you. ThiccTornadus You boi just suck and should stop building and use built teams. And if you get offended by this post or threat I'm kind of sorry. @ Mods Idc if you close this thread or not, but it's funny that despite such a terrible Team, this RMT is still better than 80% of all other RMTs (in the way its presented mainly). You can probs proof a point with it idk. It was fun trolling you guys! Onto a next one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)