Rate Please?

I'm testing this team out, it's the first I ever made so not the best...
Please only praise and constructive criticism. Please rate based on a scale of 1-10! Thank you in advance! ;)

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Clear Body
252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
Adamant
- Gyro Ball
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Decent bulky Physical sweeper. Not much to say here.

Hydreigon(M) @ Expert Belt
Levitate
4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Timid
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn

This is my main Special Sweeper and my scout against walls such as Blissey/Chansey. Deals with common threats such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar quite nicely.

Ludicolo(F) @ Scope Lens
Swift Swim
4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Modest
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Offers rain support with Rain Dance (unless Drizzletoed is on the field, obviously). Uses Giga Drain on Wacan Berry Drizzletoed, as well as STAB Surf. I like to pair it up with Jellicent because of it's (awesome) Water Absorb.

Jellicent(M) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
252 HP / 8 Def / 48 SAtk / 200 SDef
Bold
- Hydro Pump
- Hex
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover

This is the Jellicent I mentioned earlier. It's role is a tank willing to take multiple hits. Immune to Ludicolo's Surf thanks to Water Absorb. If in a pinch, I would use Recover and/or use Surf or Rotom-W's Hydro Pump.

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Levitate
252 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 4 SpD
Modest
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Yet another bulky Water. Only one weakness because of Levitate, 100% acc. Thunder thanks to Ludicolo's Rain Dance or opponent's Drizzletoed. Slows down opponent's Pokemon via Thunder Wave, STAB Rain-boosted Hydro Pump, and a staple Protect.

Lucario(M) @ Choice Band
Inner Focus
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly
- Close Combat
- Return
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Last but not least, this is my main Physical Sweeper. Spams STAB Band-boosted Close Combat. Very handy against Chansey/Blissey, Tyranitar, and Terrakion. I like to switch in to this Pokemon when either of these Pokemon are on the field.

Well there you have. You may now praise/criticize/give tips. :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some of your descriptions need a little work. It also seems like you haven't quite mastered the metagame, most notably Stealth Rock on Metagross (hazards are nearly worthless in doubles) and having three Pokémon of the same type. Read through the rules and look at some of the other threads here to see what is expected.

Some of your descriptions need a little work. It also seems like you haven't quite mastered the metagame, most notably Stealth Rock on Metagross (hazards are nearly worthless in doubles) and having three Pokémon of the same type. Read through the rules and look at some of the other threads here to see what is expected.
Well I am new here so I haven't seen the rules yet, and thank you for pointing out that my descriptions are weak, I will work on that.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Yeah, I agree with voodoo pimp, you need to expand you descriptions. But I also have some tips for your item selection and move selection, anyway....

Ludicolo doesn't need a scope lens. Don't rely on critical hits, just because they don't always happen. Give him a Leftovers, and instead give Jellicent a Water Gem.

BTW, Jellicent should have Water Spout instead of Hydro Pump, and give him Surf. Replace Hex with Ice Beam, so you can take care of Dragons as well. Water Spout STAB + Water Gem is very powerful. You could also choose to use a Choice Scarf on Jellicent to surprise opponents with a fast Jellicent. If you want to do Choice carf Jellicent, give him 252 Speed EV's.

For Metagross, switch out the Shuca Berry with an Occa Berry. Fire-type moves are more common, and Metagross is more vulnerable to those types of moves. Trust me, I've been in the VGC. XD

You're lacking Protect on most of your Pokemon. It's really important because you can scout your opponents moves, and when you use moves such as Earthquake you won't get hurt. I don't really think Lucario fits well with this team. Your team needs a lot of work. You should lurk more, look at other people's teams and see what you can improve on. XD

Don't be discouraged, BTW. Ask me for more tips and questions!

-Sees only one Pokemon with Protect-

Huge, huge, huge flaw you have there. Protect is an almost staple move of the VGCs.

U-turn on Hydreigon is useless in Doubles, replace it with Protect.

Having two Pokemon with Bullet Punch is extremely repetitive, Metagross should have Rock Slide.

Generally this needs a lot of work, descriptions are extremely lacking.

This team needs a bit of work. Changes in BOLD.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Clear Body
252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
Adamant
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Hydreigon(M) @ Chople Berry
Levitate
4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Timid
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Ludicolo(F) @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Modest
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Jellicent(M) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Water Spout
- Protect

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Levitate
252 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 4 SpD
Modest
- Thunder Bolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Lucario(M) @ Focus Sash
Inner Focus
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly
- Close Combat
- Protect
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Most of the changes are self explanatory, changing the team from more of a singles team to a doubles team.

This looks a lot like a Rain Team, so why not just replace Jellicent with Politoed?

Lucien, Water Spout on 0 Spe Jelly outside of TR doesn't seem too useful. Choice Scarf would almost be a necessity if you wanted to use Water Spout, right?
I'm also skeptical of Chople Hydreigon, but what else to give it is a tough decision.

I notice a serious lack of spread moves (the only one is Metagross's EQ). Surf on one or two of the Water types would work wonders considering you have 4 mons who resist it. Surf spammage is very powerful in Doubles.

When Politoed is available, Rain Dance is a very lackluster option (especially considering Ludicolo may not survive to use it). In my opinion, you should either focus on the Rain aspect more or remove Ludicolo. A Fake Out user or status platform(especially paralysis) might serve this team well. There are many effective and popular users of Fake Out to look through.

An unorthodox choice that hit me when I looked at this team was Serperior. It can use Glare to paralyze Garchomp, the Genies, and the Musketeers and make them easier for your other Pokemon to finish off, as well as fight off Water-types that wall much of the team.

Lucien, Water Spout on 0 Spe Jelly outside of TR doesn't seem too useful. Choice Scarf would almost be a necessity if you wanted to use Water Spout, right?

I'm also skeptical of Chople Hydreigon, but what else to give it is a tough decision.

When Politoed is available, Rain Dance is a very lackluster option (especially considering Ludicolo may not survive to use it). In my opinion, you should either focus on the Rain aspect more or remove Ludicolo. A Fake Out user or status platform(especially paralysis) might serve this team well. There are many effective and popular users of Fake Out to look through.
Pokemon are slower in 2012 so you don't have to run Timid max speed to get off the water spout with proper team support. I'll change it to Timid 252 Spe though.

The analysis says to give Hydreigon Life Orb, but due to all of the Fighting-types running around Chople is typically the better idea.

Even if Ludicolo isn't on a rain team, it's easily the best check to rain and deserves to stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)