Rate Team Cerberus

I do believe Choice Specs Heatran does the same thing Taunt Heatran does, with more power, no recoil, and another move. I suggest Choice Specs Heatran>yours. You don't have to run Explosion any longer, so you can now use Dragon Pulse for dragons, while running your preferred choice of hidden power to hit Swampert/Gyarados harder.

If you want to use Heatran w/out Specs, I would have to say Magma Storm+Explosion is much more successful. Plus, you can trap Cresselia if they want to combat you, or trap Swampert and follow up with HP Grass. IMO it just seems like Taunt+LO is really quite counterproductive since it forces you to take their attacks+LO recoil, meaning Seismic Toss Blissey WILL beat you, since you have no HP EVs, it only takes 3 Seismic Tosses and 3 of your attacks. Or, 4 Seismic Tosses and none of your attacks. You will especially be in deep shit against HP Ground/Fighting Blisseys.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Machamp's standard Rest Sleep Talk set can be find in its analysis. It also makes sense to use the exact same in this team.

Don't use Grass Knot over Surf neither. ;[

Personally I think you should use something more reliable than stone edge for the onslaught of ghost switch ins, T punch nails Gyra hard and hurts Skarm pretty bad too. Just my opinion though

lol, i don't know what i was thinking when i pointed that your team was Gengar weak .
-We still have the problem of finishing off pert, though Machamp can actually switch against him and force it to switch out with those sexy Dynamicpunches .
Can't spot any huge flaw, i guess it's pretty solid now, good job ;) .

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not concerned at Swampert causing you problems, because it does not cause any.

Machamp's EV destribution could take more of a defensive role. We could give it an Impish nature with 216 EVs in defense, or 176 EVs in defense. That would mean that we can switch into Tyranitar easier and not have to Rest the 2nd time we switch-in.

What are you leading with? None of your pokemon seem like particularly good leads besides maybe Gliscor.

Taylor

i am alien
Machamp is the "best" option in this team. It can threaten any team that's not efficiently prepared for dangerous 150 bp and 100 bp attacks, such as Dynamic Punch and Stone-Edge. Additionally, the effects from the moves themselves are enough to force them a switch with the special effect of confusion, or OHKO them with the un-expected critical hit.

Gliscor as a lead, do you really want to show the opponent you have Gliscor so his Hidden Power [Ice] Heracross may prepare? (That is all sarcasm).

I think Machamp's the perfect lead regarding the 6 at the teams disposal.

Okay, and I was already leading with the Machamp, but about your EV distribution, where should I take out the EVs from? 82 HP/252 Atk/176 Def? Should I copy Jabba's EV Spread of 252 HP/16 Atk/238 Def/4 Spd?

Taylor

i am alien
There are many different EV spreads that are very effective, including many defensive ones. So here's another one you can go by:

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 188 HP/96 Atk/216 Def/8 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Stone Edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

368 HP is a Leftovers point (you can also take out some Attack and add it to HP for 384). 8 Speed isn't that important, mainly for other Machamp and Blissey. The Defense is at a 4 EVs for 2 stat points mark because of the benificial nature, which is an effective boost. Attack is just for some sort of offense.

Jabba's is still fine.

Ah, so this is the team I faced on shoddy. It is a very good team Sikh although I see one problem... once Machamp is dead, Blissey just comes in and laughs at your teams offense. You could make Cresselia a calm mind variation so it can defeat the standard Blssey 1 on 1... so that way you at least have 2 ways to beat Blissey

How would you handle Weavile? Most of your team is wrecked by it, and your only option would be to turn to Machamp who can barely manage to not be 2hko'd by banded Icepunch.

I am also having trouble with Cresselia and Blissey, since I use Machamp too much, so another way to kill it would be well combined with Machamp

I feel like nitpicking, so I am going to point out that Raikou wants a spread of 252 speed/ 154 special defense/ 104 special attack so it can rape Gengars and the like after a Calm Mind behind a sub.

I see a weakness to CB Metagross, who does 52.5% on average with meteor mash to Gliscor and 55.4% on average to Starmie, so in other words you can't switch in reliably. Your best chance of stopping it is Cresselia who can't touch it and takes 49% on average from it.

Snatch Blissey could be something interesting to try, snatching Boah's substitutes and could catch a cocky snorlax unaware if it curses.

Otherwise your team is solid.

Wow..so many weakness...

Main problems:
Weavile threatens 4 out of the 6 members, outspeeds raikou and AA does decent dmg to Machamp. Since its a raikou based team with no wish, Raikou is pretty much useless once its heavily damaged thus ruining your team.
T-tar with ice beam, sure your Machamp helps but the rest of your team is dead so a boah and come in repeatedly wearing down your machamp with FP and once you rest your machamp is dead . After that nothing is safe vs it. T-tar is beast and one counter isn't enough when its something shaky like Machamp.
Dugtrio, Comes in when Raikou sets up or has no sub and just killed something. Its highly likely since you have no Umbreon to keep the opponent in to set up.

Overall I think this team relies too heavily on pure defensive capabilities(Bliss/Cress) and too little on resistances. It has no bulky water or steel type which makes it very weak to things like chomp or a well played Mixmence.

Taylor

i am alien
I've lost track on this team and the importance of each individual Pokemon. However, I have an alternative for you replacing Starmie for Forretress and the advent of Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin support. This will end Tyranitar, Infernape, Weavile and so on with the TS support. Which gives you more time to focus on the Raikou sweep. Also, Toxic Spikes will enable Blissey to counter Raikou effectively, and it can give you some nescessary Calm Minds while Blissey slowly wears away, allowing Raikou to sweep.

Starmie was an Infernape counter, and using Rapid Spin for Raikou's protection. But I just couldn't help but think why Forretress wouldn't do better over Starmie. If I have missed an important role Starmie was filling, ignore the above, but if not...then Forretress such be added to counter Weavile and so on.

Edit: Gyarados.

In that case, we could always add Charge Beam on Cressilia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)