XY OU Rate this standard 1000 rating team. Please help!!!!

Hello, I'm argue. I've been competitive battling ever since February, this year.

I started playing showdown 3 weeks ago. I battle on the OU ladder, however, I can't get past a 1200 rating.

So, I made a team. But, this team has so many problems for it. For some reason, this team GETS SET UP ON, OUTSPED by everything, and lacks the class to win.

Well, hear's the team. Before that, malamar, Charizard megas, and Breloom, including rotom w wrecks my team I made up myself. Someone help! ;-;

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

I have azumarill av to take special hits. Especially against char Y.

Aqua jet is for priority.
Play rough is to dish out heavy damage.

Knock off is too knock off items and catch pokemon who are weak to it by surprise.

Waterfall is to deal with pokemon who's weak to it.

Synergy:
Heatran, gliscor, Magnezone

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Heracross is a beast. Who simply wall breaks anything! Close combat is his strongest move. Always 2 OHKO and can OHKO.

Pin missile is for psychic mons like slowbro and latias or latios after Twave.

Rock blast is for flying types and char.

EQ is just amazing and takes care of char X after he's paralyzed.

I have Twave on rotom to help heracross sweep late game

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

I have specs Magnezone to simply OHKO other steel type threats and water types. His EVs in spattk including choice specs does wonders!

I have magnet pull to trap sczior and ferrothorn, also klefkil and special aigaslah. HP fire can OHKO them if they aren't properly invested in proper EVs.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

The typical standard gliscor. I run taunt to stop opposing things to use heal bell or status or hazards as long as I'm faster.

Toxic is there to spread nasty DOT to other pkmn.

Roost helps me restore health and EQ does damage to anything that isn't immune.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

This heatran is cool. Specially defensive to take on special hits like thunderbolt and psychic.

Lava plume is there for 100% accuracy and 30% chance to burn.

Wow and protect is to help stall other moms and wow especially helps cripple strong physical attackers like Garchomp, mega mawile, and physical aegislash.

Stealh rock is there to cause hazards to the other team and to cripple tflame and both char before mega eveolving.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Standard physical rotom to take physical hits and spread Twave to help support my mega heracross.

Pain split helps bring me back health from physical onslaughts like Garchomp and mawile

Hydro miss is there to take care of ground types switching in once played right.

This is my team so far. Sorry if the text seems out of place it's just I'm on my phone and it's hard to edit my post. Please suggest anything that can make this team better or replacements. Please thanks again and have a blessed day! :)
Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-145536923

Last edited:
Assault Vest Azumarill? Seems a bit weird, It could make a good use of Choice band with it's current moveset, or replace Knock off with Belly drum holding Sitrus Berry. Choice Specs Magnezone seems a bit weird for me too. Overall the rest of the team is looking good, you must be unlucky.

Nice Team, Argue, though you could make some changes to it. For one, change Thunder Wave to Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. Then, change out Will-O-Wisp on Heatran to Roar or Stone Edge. Besides that, nice team.

Hope it helps!
-PK

btw, add at least 3 lines of descriptions for each pokemon on your attacks, pokemon choice and EVs or the thread may be locked

I can't really see what's wrong with this team, breaking 1200 should be extremely easy, I broke it the first time with Av Donphan CB arcanine and Jellicent lol, maybe threat list would help

Edit: Have you ever tried M-Pinsir instead of M-Hera? It's very strong and gives you a solid wincon(M-Hera is too slow) and you have a counter to Skarmory and Talonflame(Magnezone and Heatran respectively, maybe changing WoW to Stone Edge or Ancient Power, so it kills TFlame easily). You also lack Defog or Rapid Spin, maybe replace Gliscor with Exca so you have a way to control hazards, if you don't want Exca you can try Deffogers

Last edited:
Well for starters I don't really see how you have trouble with Breloom. Gliscor has always been a great Breloom counter in my experience because he resists the fighting STAB and doesn't seem to take much damage from Breloom's Bullet Seed, and he can't be put to sleep either because of the poison heal.

A few changes I suggest:

-I think Azumarill would be better off with a Choice Band given the moves you have on it.

-As Zekrenzo said before, Mega Pinsir would fit into this team better than Mega Heracross, because he is faster and generally more reliable. Don't get me wrong, Mega Heracross is powerful, but it needs a speed boost passed to it to pull off anything big, which your team cannot provide.

-You need a Rapid Spinner/Defogger, maybe replace Rotom with one, since you already have electric and water type moves on your team elsewhere.

-I recommend that you give Magma Storm on Heatran a try, as it is a great way to trap and kill special walls. Combine Magma Storm damage with burn damage from WoW and your opponent's pokemon will fall very quickly.

This is not a bad team at all, you just need to work out the kinks and practice a little more with it and I'm sure you'll break 1200 in no time.

Im not professional when it comes to building teams but if you get belly drum on that azumarill, then use aqua jet and you can deal serious damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)