#RMT Cups are the latest additions to the RMT forum! They are daily tournaments held in the pokemon channel on IRC that offer a solid medium of challenges for aspiring battlers and raters. The action of rating teams incorporates a large deal of theorymon, or paper knowledge, but what truly pushes a rate from good to great is actually battling. These cups do just that; they face you off against other skilled players that are trying to improve their general knowledge, test something new, or simply want to have fun! Even laddering falls short in fun due to the abysmal repetition. Even if you don't feel like battling, the channel offers you assistance with general questions and teams. The awesome part is that these cups are not chained to any specific metagame. It is the general public's choice through channel polls as to which metagame will be played on each given day. At the end of each week, a record of wins will be kept for each player that earns points.
How To Play
If you are interested in taking part in these cups, make sure to hop on IRC and into #pokemon. If you have never chatted through IRC or just need a refresher, this link offers the steps to getting online and running.
- Each daily tournament(s) will start most of the time around 6PM EST, and will last about 45 minutes, depending on the amount of signups that day. Nevertheless, they can start any time between 3PM - 9PM EST due to irl commitments and taking current Smogon Tour into the consideration.
- No signup thread will be available in the forum, but instead will take place live in #ratemyteam. You must PM Noodlez or mostwanted on IRC if you want to participate. Noodlez will be hosting Tuesdays, Fridays and Thursdays, and mostwanted will be hosting Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. No #RMT Cups will occur on Sundays.
- Each tournament needs at least eight players to begin and doesn't have a set cap yet.
- Signups are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You are allowed to join as many cups a week you want.
- Popular demand will determine the metagame, i.e. DPP OU, BW UU, ADV Ubers, that will be played each day, but may be overridden by the host.
- The metagame chosen must adhere to Smogon policies and restrictions. Smogon battling rules must be implemented before starting your battle (Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, and Timed Battle).
- Rewer: enz0 can you add "disallow spectators OFF" as a requirement. Not a requirement, but it is preferred for the enjoyment of everyone.
- Scouting other battles if you are in the cup is still prohibited and looked down upon.
- If you commit to participating, you should stay active until you lose or the tournament is over. If you become inactive, I will have to resort to keeping you from joining future cups, unless you had a strong reason for doing so.
- You must try to use your forum name if possible to not cause any confusions when awarding points.
- Be ready with your team in hand if you decide to participate so as to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Winners must PM Noodlez or mostwanted on IRC. If you lost, please don't PM to not cause any confusion.
- The leaderboard will keep track of the wins and points each player has earned through the course of the cups. At the end of the month, point totals will be added and a winner will be declared.
- Points Breakdown:
- 32 Man 16/12/8 Man 6 Man 4 Man
- 1st: 5 Points 4 Points 3 Points 2 Points
- 2nd: 3 Points 2 Points 1 Point 1 Point
- 3rd/4th: 2 Points 1 Point
- Only the players who won either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place get rewards at the end of the month!
- Top 3 players may choose one of the following rewards as a symbol of our appreciation:
- Custom title under your forum name (which may include Bolds, Italics and any Colors)
- HOPs (Half-ops status in #pokemon or #ratemyteam)
- Slightly bigger avatar and signature on the forums
- VOPs (Voice status in #pokemon or #ratemyteam)
- Priority into the next Battling 101 Tutoring Round
#RateMyTeam's Official server on Pokemon Online is Groudons Grotto
Past #RMT Cup Hosts
AndViet (First Helper)
Bluewind (Random Helper)
Bloo (Rigging Helper)
Noodlez (Second Helper)
Please feel free to post your thoughts and questions!