RAWRperior makes ANOTHER comeback.

Once again, I come to you with a RMT. After getting bored of my old teams, where everyone already knew them, I decided to go out and make a new team. I decided that I would base it around a sweeper that doesn't get very much usage, similar to my Weavile team. In the end, I decided on Rhyperior. So without any more blathering on from me, I present the team...........

AT A GLANCE

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/180 Spd/76 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

This is a new lead that I managed to discover, and fiddle with a bit. It is the first part of the Thunder Wave support that is so vital for my Rhyperiors sweep. Stealth Rock is quite obvious on any lead and on any team. Leaf Storm can hit for huge power, while U-turn lets me to get away from bad match-ups that I may not want to fight. And now onto the EVs. 252 HP is to give him simple bulk, while the 180 EVs in Speed allow him to outrun things trying to outrun Adamant Lucario. The rest was dumped into SAtk. Although it only has one attacking move (as such), I like it to have the power that Modest nature gives it because with a move like Leaf Storm you can have huge damage from even that small amount of investment. With Natural Cure, Celebi serves as my Status absorber for the team and it acts as a decent one at that. Celebi also serves to be my main Gyarados counter, dealing 53.61% - 63.55% with Leaf Storm. Or it can even just T-Wave it and U-turn out to give Suicune a chance to KO it and set up.

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/100 Spd/156 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

One of the more interesting sets that I have used, but very effective regardless. This set takes advantage of the normal switchins to Tyranitar, such as Skarmory, Forretress, Scizor and Lucario, and OHKOs them all with Fire Blast. The other three moves are for simple coverage. Lonely nature helps to boost that Attack to even greater heights, and doesn't damage my decent Base 95 Special Attack. I decided to lower my Defence here, rather than my special defence, because I often rely on Tyranitar to take on special threats such as Zapdos and Jolteon. 252 Attack is obvious. 156 SAtk ensures a simple OHKO versus the standard Skarmory, while the rest is put in speed. Tyranitar serves to set up the Sandstorm that Rhyperior could not sweep without, while breaking down walls in the mean time.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

The second part of my Thunder Wave support. Moves are obvious and standard. Thunderbolt is STAB. Heat Wave is Lucario/Scizor. Thunder wave slows them down. And Roost heals me up from all the SR damage. EVs are a bulky, yet offensive version of the normal ones. Enough speed to outrun any Adamant Lucario (screw Jolly) and 252 HP gives me the bulk I need to switch into those Fighting and grass moves that this team requires. Zapdos serves as my Ground immunity and is vital to this team. Zapdos is also my Lucario and Scizor counter, being able to take whatever they thwor at him and KOing straight back with Heat Wave.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break

This fellow here has decided to rear his ugly head again. And he is still just as effective as he used to be. EVs and moves remain just as Standard as they were at the start of the Platinum Metagame. SD is boost Attack. BP is sooper-dooper cool. X-Scossor is STAB. BB is coverage. The reason i have this over CB Scizor, is because I have recently gained a distaste for choice items. They are cumbersome and give easy switches to the opponent, such as the famed Pursuit-bait+Lucario combo. In many ways, this set outclasses the CB set in todays Metagame, with many people being unprepared for it, and losing 2-3 Pokemon before they figure out what is going on. Scizor is on the team because of the valuable Ice and Grass resists that he gives the team.

Suicune @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

This has got to be my favourite mid-game sweeper of all time. It comes in when everything has been slightly weakened and rips a huge hole in the opponents team purely with the unexpectedness of it. When people see a Suicune, they all seem to automatically think that is is a CroCune and switch in their Bulky Water/Celebi. Only to see them KOed. I really shouldn't need to explain the moves, but I will anyway so that my descriptions look bigger. Calm Mind boosts my rather high Special Attack and Special Defence (I imagine you knew that). Surf is STAB (that too). Ice Beam to hit Grass, Dragon and Flying types (bet ya didn't know that one). And finally, HP electric hits them waters (most people don't know that, so I'm just saying it to make sure). Suicune can also serve as a kind of Gyara and MixApe check, but it is normally just used for wallbreaking purposes.

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP/192 Atk/168 Spd/16 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is Rhyperior. He is one of the most powerful sweepers in the Metagame. The only reason people don't use him is his awful typing and average speed. This set help with that. And here I have an explanation of the set and it's EVs
This thing is seriously underestimated because of it's weaknesses. Sandstorm's SDef increase + Substitute + 404 HP + 400 Atk + great defence + Solid Rock (which, if you didn't know, reduces the damage of super effective moves from x2 to x1.5) = epicness. Switch this into Blissey and Sub up could mean Good game. Blissey, if it was mad enough, wouldn't even be able to break This beast's Subs with Seismic Toss or Ice Beam. Substitute and Swords Dance is a lethal combination, for if Substitute is up and an SD is done, Rhyperior reaches a massive 800 attack stat! With the speed allowing Rhyperior to outmanuver Swampert (a major counter to Rhyperior) who is OHKO'd by Earthquake. Machamp is OHKO'd and so is Porygon2, by Eathquake. In some games, putting this in has meant Good game and has brought me many 6-0s and 5-0s. Earthquake is a great move already, but with Stone Edge hitting Flyers, things just keep on getting better with great coverage given between the two moves.

Just so you know what this guy is capable of, here are a few facts (produced by Colonel M):

* Timid Heatran's Earth Power is a 3HKO
* Zapdos Hidden Power Ice won't 2HKO Rhyperior (with Life Orb)
* Blissey's Ice Beam won't break the Substitute (as well as Seismic Toss)
* Bronzong and Forretress's Gyro Ball won't break the Substitute
* Cresselia can only break it with Grass Knot (which is extremely uncommon)
* Physical Jirachi that lack Iron Head are walled by this beast.
* Salamence Earthquake is a 2HKO at best
* Scizor won't OHKO with Bullet Punch
* Gliscor Earthquake won't 2HKO
So as you can see, this set kills stuff.

TEAM BUILDING

I started out with a simple image of Rhyperior in my mind.

The I decided that I needed some T-Wave support to help this set to be win. I also needed a lead that could set up SR. Celebi did both of these jobs, so he was in.

Next I needed something to set up Sandstorm. I've never liked Hippowdon, so Tyranitar got the job.

Now I noticed I was slightly Ground, Grass and Psychic weak, so in came Zapdos, who also serves as more T-Wave support.

Next I decided that I needed some kind of Wallbreaker, to make Rhyperior's job easier. Suicune was the first thing that came to mind.

Finally I needed some kind of Scarfer/abuser-of-priority to help me revenge stuff, And Scizor was the best Pokemon for the job.

And so that's my newest team.​

this is a pretty good team but there are a couple things you should do.

Change scizor to a standard choice bander. You already have a swords dancer and Band Scizor is a revenge killer unlike swords dance scizor which is a sweeper. U-turn also helps for scouting while Pursuit allows you to trap physically frail physics like gengar and Alakazam. The next thing i would do is change suicune to a crocune because tht will you allow you to do better against stall teams because life orb suicune has no form of recovery and is still walled by blissey. Crocune will give you recovery and allow you to pp stall and beat stall teams without perish songers.

here is the scizor set

Scizor@ Choice Band
Adamant
248 hp/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
U-turn
Bullet punch
Superpower
Pursuit

here is the suicune set

Suicune@ Leftovers
Bold
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 spa
Calm Mind
Rest
Sleep Talk
Surf

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
No, dont change Suicune. It does such a wonderful job at taking down things that it will probably dismantle your team if you change it. A little detail would be changing your Life Orb to Leftovers. Having using this Suicune myself, I know it can be a real beast with a calm mind up. Life Orb gives you a good boost yeah, it lets you get some harder hits, but not really notable OHKOs besides maybe Scizor. The survability Leftovers give you, most of the time, will let you nail 2 Calm Minds, making it a better sweeper more often than not. Just a suggestion, try it out.
You dont really need 252 speed with Suicune, 232 speed suffices, and the rest can be added to HP to take idk BPs better, again a minor change.

Now, the mayor threat to this team is Lucario. Not even Zapdos will comfortably take assaults from Lucario, since after SR and damage from Sandstorm, its going down by +2 Extremespeed. Modest isnt really needed on a defensive Zapdos, while changing it to Bold will let you take on Lucario better, and not only that, but will let you take CB Scizor and company a lot better, which is excellent since Zapdos is your only reliable way to take U-Turns.

Edit: Your team is also insanely Infernape weak. A well played Mixape will totally OHKO/2HKO your whole team, with nothing to stop it. For this reason, its even better to have Lefties on Cune, so you can take on Infernape better. You can even cover it by removing Suicune with a Starmie, which covers basically the exact same things you want to cover AKA Gyarados and Infernape. I know Suicune is a total beast, but it may be good to try out Starmie in that spot, specially LO Starmie, with Recover, to endure hits better, or with Rapid Spin to aid Zapdos switch in. The moves should be Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Hydro Pump/Surf. Just some ideas, try them out and if you feel uncomfortable with them, then use Suicune.

Theres really not much to change on your team, looks very solid, good job and good luck!

(Thanks ToF)

Your Zapdos can't take on Lucario as it is OHKO'ed by a +2 Extreme Speed after Stealth Rock. Your Zapdos is also outsped by Jolly Lucario and OHKO'ed by a +2 Ice Punch. I would suggest using Timid Nature in order to out-speed Jolly versions and hit it with Heatwave, also, move those 84 EVs in Special Attack to Defence to avoid being OHKO'ed by Extreme Speed after SR.

Nice team. Good Luck using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)