RBY Tradebacks Tournament
Hosted by Dice
Tradeback: A Pokémon taught a move in a later game and traded back to the earlier game. Most notable in the first generation of Pokémon, where certain Pokémon could learn moves in the second generation which would augment their movepools.
This tournament will be allowing you to use GSC Tradebacks. This means you will have Amnesia Persian, Hypno, etc. making the metagame much more offensive, consequently very different. This tournament will be a test of seeing if you can adjust to the new metagame and play accordingly. For more information on RBY Tradebacks, you can view these two articles describing the more prominent tradebacks and Pokemon that benefit from them.
- GSC Tradebacks are allowed.
- All matches must be played on the Pokemon Online v2 Simulator or Netbattle since they have RBY and a specific option to allow you to build with tradebacks.
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Freeze Clause: Only one Pokemon can be frozen on your opponent's team at a time.
- Ubers Clause: You may not use Ubers in this tournament. Mewtwo and Mew are banned for the entirety of said tournament.
Cristal vs Soulwind
Cristal vs DestinyUnknown
DestinyUnknown vs Soulwind