[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the update, how can I check if these are legit and non hacked? Pokecheck is down for maintenance. These guys are on my tournament team so Ill prolly have to replan the whole setup if I cant replace these two
Use.the.form.on.first.page.

Look at the summary screen on your DS and fill out all the stuff in the form.

I made a post before but I didn't get a response so I'm going to try again.

Any idea if this is hacked?

Language: JPN
Species: Ditto
OT: ラキプ (I'm not too sure about that last character, it's a bit fuzzy and might be ブ)
ID No.: 33052
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Imposter
Pokemon's name: メタモソ (I'm really not sure if the second character is right but that's my best guess)
Level: 80
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Shiny?: Nope
Moves: Transform
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Unova Region
Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
Ribbons: None.

Looking for a Klefki with Switcheroo
IVs, nature and gender do not matter, i will trade a BP item in return

Looking for a Klefki with Switcheroo
IVs, nature and gender do not matter, i will trade a BP item in return
If your looking to trade, then your in the wrong thread Bud. You should go Here (this is a link to the SRSQ thread btw). You'd have much better luck there, as this is a thread to check for hacks, not for trades :P

A friend gave this to me on my Pearl game, then I transferred this pokemon a while ago and forgot about it XD never really cared for it anyways ~
I'm pretty sure it's hacked, but just a precaution;

Language: English
Species: Pichu
OT: a bunch of japanese text ; A ;
ID No.: 03050
Ability: Static
Pokemon's name: Pichu
Level: 32
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Charge, Volt Tackle, Endeavor, Endure
Region of origin: Sinnoh Region
Ribbons: Classic

A friend gave this to me on my Pearl game, then I transferred this pokemon a while ago and forgot about it XD never really cared for it anyways ~
I'm pretty sure it's hacked, but just a precaution;

Species: Pichu
OT: a bunch of japanese text ; A ;
ID No.: 03050
Ability: Static
Pokemon's name: Pichu
Level: 32
Moves: Charge, Volt Tackle, Endeavor, Endure
Region of origin: Sinnoh Region
Ribbons: Classic
I don't think it can be generated from an English cart with a Japanese OT. I assume you quoted English being the language due to the language tag in game.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Wi-Fi_English_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_IV#Spring_2010_Pikachu-colored_Pichu
Hack of that?
To mimic this
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_Japanese_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_IV#Shokotan_Pikachu-colored_Pichu

EDIT: Does the OT match the one from the second link?
EDIT 2: Made explanation more elaborate.

Last edited:
Checked the OP, I found out my 6IV Bold Cresselia is hacked. Wonderful. (Didn't get it from here, so it's all good! ^_^)
But onto other potential hacks!
Species: Suicune
OT: Wynter
ID No.: 32760
EVs (optional): 85HP/85Attack/85Defence/85SpecAtt/85SpecDefence/85Speed
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Arendelle (I dont even)
Level: 100
Pokeball: Master Ball
Moves: Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind (Taught these myself. I forgot what it's original ones were)
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Kanto
Characteristic: Alert To Sounds
Ribbons:None
Other comments (optional): I'm just suspicious after found out the Cresselia was hacked. Both came from the same person. If you want me to fill a form for Cresselia too i'd be glad to!

That Suicune is hacked with 100% certainty.
I concur. Impossible gen 3 IV spread, and the 85 EV's indicates a hack, as it's an option in most programs which is selected when the hacker is an idiot has no knowledge of competitive Pokemon.

Edit: strictly speaking Timid 6IV is legal from gen 3, however due to a glitch with the roamers, they are forced to have 0 IV's in everything minus HP after the game has been saved and reloaded.

Also Suicune is a roamer incase you didn't know in Gen 3 FRLG, and no, even though suicune can be captured in HGSS in the Kanto region, it is still tagged with Johto, not Kanto.

Last edited:
Species: Victini
OT: トウホク
ID No.: 11252
EVs (optional): 0/252/0/0/4/252
Ability: Victory Star
Pokemon's name: ビクティニ
Shiny?: No
Moves: V-create/Bolt Strike/U-turn/Zen Headbutt
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None

I got this from a trade, is it possible for it not to say JPN but have a Japanese name?

Species: Victini
OT: トウホク
ID No.: 11252
EVs (optional): 0/252/0/0/4/252
Ability: Victory Star
Pokemon's name: ビクティニ
Moves: V-create/Bolt Strike/U-turn/Zen Headbutt
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None

I got this from a trade, is it possible for it not to say JPN but have a Japanese name?
While the Japanese name is possible off an English regioned cart (Via TID renaming abuse) It is impossible for the victini to have a Japanese OT and the Japanese characters aren't available to English players. I'd go with hacked.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I concur. Impossible gen 3 IV spread, and the 85 EV's indicates a hack, as it's an option in most programs which is selected when the hacker is an idiot has no knowledge of competitive Pokemon.

Edit: strictly speaking Timid 6IV is legal from gen 4, however due to a glitch with the roamers, they are forced to have 0 IV's in everything minus HP after the game has been saved and reloaded.
The Roamer IV glitch is gen 3, not gen 4 and it only affects RS and FRLG

The Roamer IV glitch is gen 3, not gen 4 and it only affects RS and FRLG
Moves: Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind (Taught these myself. I forgot what it's original ones were)
Other comments (optional): I'm just suspicious after found out the Cresselia was hacked. Both came from the same person. If you want me to fill a form for Cresselia too i'd be glad to!

Edit: why does everyone assume I'm an idiot on this thread without actually reading what I say.

Last edited:

Edit: why does everyone assume I'm an idiot on this thread without actually reading what I say.
Here's the thing though, Suicune can be caught at Route 25 in HG/SS. Which is in Kanto, so wouldn't that mean it could be from HG/SS too? (I'm not saying its legit, just pointing something out)
OFC I could be completely off the mark here

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus

I never said you were an idiot, I was just pointing out that they way you phrased it made it seem like the roamer IV glitch was present in Gen 4, when it wasn't

Here's the thing though, Suicune can be caught at Route 25 in HG/SS. Which is in Kanto, so wouldn't that mean it could be from HG/SS too? (I'm not saying its legit, just pointing something out)
OFC I could be completely off the mark here
Nope, it arrives from the Johto region even if caught in Kanto on HGSS.
I never said you were an idiot, I was just pointing out that they way you phrased it made it seem like the roamer IV glitch was present in Gen 4, when it wasn't
Alright. I fixed it.

Just wondering if I could get a quick review of a Pokemon to see if it was hacked. I recently traded for it and would like to make sure, if possible. Thanks!

Species: Manaphy
OT: GARY
ID No.: 49921
IVs: Unknown, but judge says "Decent, best is SpAtk, has some fantastic stats"
EVs (optional): Unknown, but has 13,775 EXP already
Ability: Hydration
Pokemon's name: Manaphy
Level: 22
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Bubble, Water Sport, Charm, Supersonic
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Sinnoh, fateful encounter
Characteristic: Highly curious
Ribbons: none
Other comments (optional): HP 77, Atk 48, Def 55, SpAtk 55, SpDef 49, Spd 49

Good, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks!

I was a bit worried about both Def/SpAtk being identical, and SpDef/Spd being identical, but OT could've been EV training it. If anyone else sees something out of the ordinary, definitely let me know.

Thanks again.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm building a team for a match with a friend of mine where the rules are all pokémon must have 440 or less BST, no mega evolutions, no huge power, no wobbuffet and no NFE pokémon unless they play differently to their evolutions. I was originally intending to use a prankster copycat Riolu for my team, but it turns out that doesn't work in gen 6 (wish I'd found out BEFORE I spent a week breeding one). Anyway, I still need some items for the match, and also a replacement pokémon.

Could anyone trade me the following stuff?

1. Assault Vest
2. Volt Absorb (Hidden ability) Pachirisu (yes, really) - or a friend safari containing one!
3. Leftovers

Can offer spitbacks of the following pokemon - modest rotom, impish riolu, adamant kecleon, adamant mawile.

Thanks
I think you'll want to ask in this thread instead.

Species: Heatran
OT: BLACK
ID No.: 08066
EVs (optional): HP 6 / Sp. At 252 / Speed 252
Ability: Flash Fire
Pokemon's name: Heatran
Moves: Ancient Power
Region of origin: Unova region
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): My brother got this from GTS.

Edit: @Below: Alright, thanks for your time and can wait until its back up.

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Species: Heatran
OT: BLACK
ID No.: 08066
EVs (optional): HP 6 / Sp. At 252 / Speed 252
Ability: Flash Fire
Pokemon's name: Heatran
Moves: Ancient Power
Region of origin: Unova region
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): My brother got this from GTS.
It is legally possible from BW2. I can't check it against Pokecheck's database, however, since it's down for maintenance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)