[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

I got a Shiny Bold Cresselia w/ perfect 6IVS and a Premier Ribbon

OT: Diego
ID: 54936

I am worried this guy is hacked, and not exactly sure where to check, any one know?
Well, since you didn't give us the IVs, characteristic, etc. I can only give it my best guess.

Is it this Cresselia? I don't know if the owner kidsiege is a known user. Either way, it appears to be legal in every way - besides the Premier Ribbon. The Premier Ribbon means that it has been cloned by Pokecheck. Some users may consider it a hack because of that.

Just don't trade it and you'll be fine.

UT Mew (Cherish Ball)
Lv. 5
Timid
Synchronise
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: FAL2010
ID No.: 10160
- Thief
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
Is this a legal moveset? Isn't it supposed to have just Pound and Transform?
EDIT: Has Pokérus.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
UT Mew (Cherish Ball)
Lv. 5
Timid
Synchronise
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: FAL2010
ID No.: 10160
- Thief
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
Is this a legal moveset? Isn't it supposed to have just Pound and Transform?
It's legal

Valzy Buckert Sweet thanks guys. Anyone able to check my TSV by the way? (I'm a rookie).

EDIT: While I'm at it, what about this one?

Victini (Cherish Ball)
Lv. 50
Adamant
Victory Star
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: Movie14
ID No.: 12031
- V-create
- Fusion Flare
- Fusion Bolt
- Searing Shot

I bet this one's legal too?

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Valzy Buckert Sweet thanks guys. Anyone able to check my TSV by the way? (I'm a rookie).

EDIT: While I'm at it, what about this one?

Victini (Cherish Ball)
Lv. 50
Adamant
Victory Star
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: Movie14
ID No.: 12031
- V-create
- Fusion Flare
- Fusion Bolt
- Searing Shot

I bet this one's legal too?
Yep

Well, since you didn't give us the IVs, characteristic, etc. I can only give it my best guess.

Is it this Cresselia? I don't know if the owner kidsiege is a known user. Either way, it appears to be legal in every way - besides the Premier Ribbon. The Premier Ribbon means that it has been cloned by Pokecheck. Some users may consider it a hack because of that.

Just don't trade it and you'll be fine.
Yea that it, Thanks, I had no plans to trade it anyways.

The ID will change, but the OT will still stay the same with use of it. So you can check if you know the ID/OT combo of that one person.
So like if the person OT is John with the ID 12345 . If he uses force shiny on the pokemon it will be OT John Id 23456 ?

Got it thank you

so I have no way of telling whether the shinies are legit? why are there people asking for "flawless kb shinies with memories"?

so I have no way of telling whether the shinies are legit? why are there people asking for "flawless kb shinies with memories"?
Memories are a way of telling whether or not a pokemon is a hack or not. A while back, some hackers put the kalos mark on non-kalos born pokemon, so that they would look like they were Kalos born. This could easily be checked by visiting the girl in front of the Anistar City pokemon gym.
You see, if a pokemon truly is Kalos Born, it will have a memory of where it was hatched or caught. However, if the pokemon is from a different generation, it will have no memories.
This method cannot be used though with the powersave hacked shinies :/

Is there anything to check for force shiny yet ?
The Pokemon would lose its memories when Powersaved shiny, right?
The very helpful and knowledgeable Esmeya had a conversation with me earlier discussing Powersave forced shinies. She is an awesome person and very patient. I'm sure she won't mind if I share parts of what she said to me here, since it is helpful to the Smogon community as a whole.
Here's what she had to say:
"A forced shiny from a player will be marked as being traded and have a different ID/SID in order for it to become shiny. For instance my OT is Halute ID 21913 SID 44725, if I were to force a randomly caught pokemon shiny it would change my ID/SID to make it match a TSV that would make it shiny. If it was actually shiny for my game it would have Halute 21913 TSV: 4018 (as a match) if I forced it shiny it would be Halute xxxxx TSV: [Whatever makes it shiny] it's very easy to tell if it was forced shiny prior to them trading it. Pokemon who evolve via happiness will not be able to evolve, after trading it becomes much harder. Be suspicious of those who offer shinies under their OT but have many different ID's attached to them and always ask for a picture of their trainer ID or ask for their Trainer ID number if you're wary of things under different IDs. (A few people, some I know personally have many save files backed up with the same OT name for different TSV's this is very rare to do but it IS possible for someone to have the same OT Name with a different ID Number combination)."

Last edited:
Another from GTS

*ライコウ (Raikou)
OT: はる (haru)
ID: 37561
Master Ball
Level 100
Docile
Pressure
31/31/31/31/31/31
From Johto Region

Notes: I used this to find the JPN letters to c/p for OT.

All checks out? Want to make sure before I start offering this.

Another from GTS

*ライコウ (Raikou)
OT: はる (haru)
ID: 37561
Master Ball
Level 100
Docile
Pressure
31/31/31/31/31/31
From Johto Region

Notes: I used this to find the JPN letters to c/p for OT.

All checks out? Want to make sure before I start offering this.
Just saying, you really shouldn't offer anything you get from the GTS on smogon anyways. Most of that crap is hacked. This might turn out ok, but a general rule of thumb is that any pokemon that comes from the GTS should not be offered on smogon. :3

Just saying, you really shouldn't offer anything you get from the GTS on smogon anyways. Most of that crap is hacked. This might turn out ok, but a general rule of thumb is that any pokemon that comes from the GTS should not be offered on smogon. :3
So I can't make offers such as Extreme Speed Dratini or Defog Scyther then if the parent came from GTS? Well, there goes my hope for a trade shop then. :(

Edit: Esmeya was kind to explain a bit more to me on VM. So all good. :)

Edit 2: @Below: All good mate. No worries!

Last edited:
So I can't make offers such as Extreme Speed Dratini or Defog Scyther then if the parent came from GTS? Well, there goes my hope for a trade shop then. :(
Oh no, I meant stuff like legends and shinies. Sorry for being a bit vague :3. Breedables pokes are generally fine (although good luck trying to get it for anything less than a legend XD).

The very helpful and knowledgeable Esmeya had a conversation with me earlier discussing Powersave forced shinies. She is an awesome person and very patient. I'm sure she won't mind if I share parts of what she said to me here, since it is helpful to the Smogon community as a whole.
Here's what she had to say:
"A forced shiny from a player will be marked as being traded and have a different ID/SID in order for it to become shiny. For instance my OT is Halute ID 21913 SID 44725, if I were to force a randomly caught pokemon shiny it would change my ID/SID to make it match a TSV that would make it shiny. If it was actually shiny for my game it would have Halute 21913 TSV: 4018 (as a match) if I forced it shiny it would be Halute xxxxx TSV: [Whatever makes it shiny] it's very easy to tell if it was forced shiny prior to them trading it. Pokemon who evolve via happiness will not be able to evolve, after trading it becomes much harder. Be suspicious of those who offer shinies under their OT but have many different ID's attached to them and always ask for a picture of their trainer ID or ask for their Trainer ID number if you're wary of things under different IDs. (A few people, some I know personally have many save files backed up with the same OT name for different TSV's this is very rare to do but it IS possible for someone to have the same OT Name with a different ID Number combination)."
Only 2 Sites I know of that let ya Freely use Powersave hacks GameFaqs(Don't get me wrong iv meet a few good Legit Event Traders and such there Plus thay Finly have a few ppl Cheaking TSV now) and ppl From Reddit BlackMarket(Reddits Trade Rules are Funny You can use Hacked Parents to Breed but you cant Clone Logic....)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Only 2 Sites I know of that let ya Freely use Powersave hacks GameFaqs(Don't get me wrong iv meet a few good Legit Event Traders and such there Plus thay Finly have a few ppl Cheaking TSV now) and ppl From Reddit BlackMarket(Reddits Trade Rules are Funny You can use Hacked Parents to Breed but you cant Clone Logic....)
I would assume that most people have the common sense not to trade with players from those locations if they want legitimate Pokemon (but then again...).

Lv. 100 (Shiny) Ditto
Regular Poke Ball
Ability: Limber
OT: Lance
ID No.: 37511
EVs: 85/85/85/85/85/85
from Unova Region
no ribbons

two of them:
HP Ground - Timid (31/31/31/30/30/31)
HP Rock - Lax (31/31/30/31/30/30)

i got these from someone to do an order, and i'm concerned about them. i PM'd him to let him know i felt there were some irregularities and that i thought they were hacked. he just said he got them from "Someone else. They should be fine lol." surprisingly, this isn't alleviating my concerns ;~;

anyway, the main irregularities to me are (other than how 'perfect' they are) in the perfectly uniform EV spread (which i vaguely recall is an option you can input into pokesav and the like) and the regular poke ball (from what i can tell, they're only available at lv50 and above in BW/BW2, so why go through the trouble of RNGing a shiny ditto, only to take a lot of time trying to catch it in a regular pokeball).

i know that none of that is really concrete evidence to say they're hacked or not, so my first question is about the OT/ID: known hacker? i tried googling it, but didn't find anything. second, are the IV/Nature spreads legal? anything else to suggest it's hacked/not?

Last edited:
Lv. 100 (Shiny) Ditto
Regular Poke Ball
Ability: Limber
OT: Lance
ID No.: 37511
EVs: 85/85/85/85/85/85
from Unova Region
no ribbons

two of them:
HP Ground - Timid (31/31/31/30/30/31)
HP Rock - Lax (31/31/30/31/30/30)

i got these from someone to do an order, and i'm concerned about them. i PM'd him to let him know i felt there were some irregularities and that i thought they were hacked. he just said he got them from "Someone else. They should be fine lol." surprisingly, this isn't alleviating my concerns ;~;

anyway, the main irregularities to me are (other than how 'perfect' they are) in the perfectly uniform EV spread (which i vaguely recall is an option you can input into pokesav and the like) and the regular poke ball (from what i can tell, they're only available at lv50 and above in BW/BW2, so why go through the trouble of RNGing a shiny ditto, only to take a lot of time trying to catch it in a regular pokeball).

i know that none of that are really concrete evidence to say they're hacked or not hacked, so my first question is about the OT/ID: known hacker? i tried googling it, but didn't find anything. second, are the IV/Nature spreads legal?
Never seen the OT before and it doesn't show up on Pokecheck, and there are no IV/Nature restrictions for 5th gen captures, but you're correct about the EVs, it's an option in hacking programs and I've never seen them without hacking because they're useless and time consuming.

There was (almost) certainly hacking involved with the EVs, and likely with the Pokemon themselves. There's no concrete evidence and there usually isn't, I *could* RNG a save file with the same OT/TID/SID as the PCApp hacks and then start RNGing and trading Pokemon with that OT, but Pokemon with that OT are still flagged as hacked because nobody in their right mind would do that.

Never seen the OT before and it doesn't show up on Pokecheck, and there are no IV/Nature restrictions for 5th gen captures, but you're correct about the EVs, it's an option in hacking programs and I've never seen them without hacking because they're useless and time consuming.

There was (almost) certainly hacking involved with the EVs, and likely with the Pokemon themselves. There's no concrete evidence and there usually isn't, I *could* RNG a save file with the same OT/TID/SID as the PCApp hacks and then start RNGing and trading Pokemon with that OT, but Pokemon with that OT are still flagged as hacked because nobody in their right mind would do that.
thanks for your response.
I think things being said, im just gonna err on the side of caution here and not use them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)