[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

alright i got a iv checker. 22 atk and 30 def
The spread is possible, Method K (HGSS).

Spread Information:
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31 - HP Ice
Method: K
PID: 46F43BCA
Seed: D814375D
Ability: 0
Genders: 50% (M), 12.5% (M), 25% (M), 75% (M)

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Both Zapdos and Moltres full information.

Language: French (Canada)
Species: Zapdos
OT: Yoyo
ID No.: 07849 / 29886
IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 6/0/0/252/0/252
Ability: Pressure (1) [Ability 0 in usual terms.]
Pokemon's name: Électhor (not nicknamed).
Level: 100
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Toxic
[All PP Maxed]
Region of origin: Canada (sr_2)
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional):
PID: 95ECFFFA

Species: Moltres
IVs: 31/17/30/31/28/31
Pokemon's name: Sulfura (Not Nicknamed)
Moves:
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Roost
- U-turn
[All PP Maxed]
PID: 836AE97D

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Both Zapdos and Moltres full information.

Species: Zapdos
IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31
Pokemon's name: Électhor (not nicknamed).
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Toxic
[All PP Maxed]
PID: 95ECFFFA

Species: Moltres
IVs: 31/17/30/31/28/31
Pokemon's name: Sulfura (Not Nicknamed)
Moves:
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Roost
- U-turn
[All PP Maxed]
PID: 836AE97D
Yeah, if both of those aren't from X/Y, they're hacked...

Would it be considered a hack if I used my Action Replay to max out my Safari Blocks? Or do I seriously have to wait 100 f***ing days before I can catch my trade-bait?

Would it be considered a hack if I used my Action Replay to max out my Safari Blocks? Or do I seriously have to wait 100 f***ing days before I can catch my trade-bait?
I'm not sure, but considering that the site stated that some pokemon for example caught in emulator, or caught with 100% catch code/ rebattle code simply requires the person to state that they were indeed caught using this method it in their thread/shop, I don't see why it would be frowned upon.

edit: greninja'd
edit2: Also, doesn't your question belong in the SQSR thread instead?

I'm not sure, but considering that the site stated that some pokemon for example caught in emulator, or caught with 100% catch code/ rebattle code simply requires the person to state that they were indeed caught using this method it in their thread/shop, I don't see why it would be frowned upon.

edit: greninja'd
edit2: Also, doesn't your question belong in the SQSR thread instead?
Okay, thanks.

@ edit2: Damn it, I clicked the wrong thread again.

More of a question than a hack check, but legit Diancies from the movie event can only have the Japanese name, right?

Or can they come with an English name, no JAP/Language tag and still have the Japanese OT?

(I suppose this also somewhat regards the Jirachi event too).

Last edited:
More of a question than a hack check, but legit Diancies from the movie event can only have the Japanese name, right?

Or can they come with an English name, no JAP/Language tag and still have the Japanese OT?

I'm certain they can only have a JAP name. http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/719.shtml Events only in JAP and comes w/ JAP name.

Edit; Same for Jirachi as well

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Diancie can have any language name, you were able to pick it up from the theater on NA/EU/JPN Games and/or 3DS. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, Jirachi on the other hand. No.

Diancie can have any language name, you were able to pick it up from the theater on NA/EU/JPN Games and/or 3DS. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, Jirachi on the other hand. No.
So Diancie can have an English name?

And thanks for the cofirmation, I didn't see it originally.

I'm a bit puzzled. The name of the pokemon isn't based on the language you're playing your cart on? I know for the wifi Torchic, it came in English when my Japanese 3DS game was set to English. (I have since reset it to be in Japanese. IIRC, the wonder card itself was in Japanese, However, since I deleted that save to change vivillion patterns, so I assume the Wonder Card is gone.)

Or is it just not possible to claim it if your Japanese game is set in another language similar to how my imported Japanese games couldn't get the US in life events in Gen 5? Because...that would be really disappointing and force me to make my OR language Japanese when the game is released.

Esmeya

I'm a bit puzzled. The name of the pokemon isn't based on the language you're playing your cart on? I know for the wifi Torchic, it came in English when my Japanese 3DS game was set to English. (I have since reset it to be in Japanese. IIRC, the wonder card itself was in Japanese, However, since I deleted that save to change vivillion patterns, so I assume the Wonder Card is gone.)

Or is it just not possible to claim it if your Japanese game is set in another language similar to how my imported Japanese games couldn't get the US in life events in Gen 5? Because...that would be really disappointing and force me to make my OR language Japanese when the game is released.
There's a difference between region and language.

Edit: I said Diancie can have another name other than ディアンシー and be legal. I said nothing about changing languages to obtain them. Most events are "region locked" to the region they're released in. Very few aren't - like being able to get Diancie via theater wi-fi, HK Charizard event and/or Tokyo Bay Inkay(?). The regions are still marked as Japan [or HK/China maybe for Charizard, dunno don't own one], that doesn't change just because the language is different ...

Last edited:

Edit: I said Diancie can have another name other than ディアンシー and be legal. I said nothing about changing languages to obtain them. Most events are "region locked" to the region they're released in. Very few aren't - like being able to get Diancie via theater wi-fi, HK Charizard event and/or Tokyo Bay Inkay(?). The regions are still marked as Japan [or HK/China maybe for Charizard, dunno don't own one], that doesn't change just because the language is different ...
So the Pokemon still needs it's respective region tag though?

Esmeya

So the Pokemon still needs it's respective region tag though?
That is a language tag. You don't see region tags in game ~_~

Gen 5 and under region/language weren't really separated. Gen 6 lets you choose through multiple languages.

Edit: Saw your post ahead of me. I thought you meant the language marker, not the region marker that's invisible, so I was even more confused.

My question was more directed at Jirachi being unable to have an English name if you chose to play in English on your Japanese 3DS. I was worried you meant they actually blocked off picking it up if you played the game on the Japanese 3DS in any other language because that seemed rather extreme. I just missed the original question inquiring about the OT and region marking, not just strictly the name.

I was curious at how in-life events were handled this generation due to the freedom of choosing the language, because my imported games were completely blocked off at in-life events in Gen 5. Disappointed to hear they're still mostly region locking based on the 3DS for the most part, but that answers my question and curiosity I've had on it at least. ((And reconfirms I definitely did the right thing importing in case I do manage to vacation in Japan next year.))

I would like to get this Diancie checked out please.

Language: Name in English
Species: Diancie
OT: Japanese letters
ID No.: 07194
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/x
Ability: Clear Body
Pokemon's name: Diancie (not nicknamed).
Level: 50
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: No
Moves:
- Diamond Storm
- Moon Blast
- Reflect
- Return
[All PP Maxed]
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon

Where met: Pokemon Movie 14
Had a fateful encounter
Date met: 7/23/2014

I would like to get this Diancie checked out please.

Language: Name in English
Species: Diancie
OT: Japanese letters
ID No.: 07194
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/x
Ability: Clear Body
Pokemon's name: Diancie (not nicknamed).
Level: 50
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: No
Moves:
- Diamond Storm
- Moon Blast
- Reflect
- Return
[All PP Maxed]
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon

Where met: Pokemon Movie 14
Had a fateful encounter
Date met: 7/23/2014
It's probably from Powersaves.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonPlaz...ancie_lf_shiny_kb_battleready_pokemon/cje90e3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)