Real First RMT

Okay revised version off my Hyper Offense OU and ill actually follow the rules this time so here goes nothing... (and yes i know there are no sprites, im still working on that

Salamence @ Metronome
Moxie
252 atk, 252 spd, 4 sp. def
Adamant Nature
Outrage
Earthquake
Aqua Tail
Dragon Dance

This is in my opinion the greatest OU pokemon out their and my personal favorite pokemon. If you can get the first Dragon dance of you are next to invincible if stick with a single move with the metronome (and outrage does that for you. If you also can get a second Dragon Dance off you are literally invincible with the metronome, and the moveset offers great coverage plus a good STAB move to get the most use out of the metronome

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Skill Link
Naive Nature
Icicle Spear
Razor Shell
Rock Blast
Shell Smash

This is such a great setup sweeper it isnt even funny. The move set offers great coverage against those pesky Gliscors and multiscale Dnites, plus, providing there are no entry hazards, the sash ensures that it will KO atleast one of the opposing teams pokemon, if not sweep as it normally does.

Volcarona @ leftovers
Flame Body
240 hp, 216 def, 52 spd
Bold Nature
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance

A bulky Volcarona is the best Volcarona. Because of its nice base bulk and its base special attack, the bulk allows for multiple quiver dances while still being able to sweep a team with its amazing base sp. atk. The giga drain is there for good type coveage/bulk recovery against water/ground/rock types while in a sweep.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Moxie
Adamant Nature
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Crunch
Dragon Dance

This pokemon should be in ou, this movest plus a ddance and the moxie make it almost impossible to defeat. Its great typing for STAB moves in drain punch and crunch plus the ice punch coverage make it a great sweeper.

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Clear Body
252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spd
Adamant Nature
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Ice Punch
Stealth Rock

My lead when i use this team, its great resistance in steel and decent move pool make it my go to when switching into a resistance, plus it generally is able to OHKO/2HKO most pokemon after a meteor mash atk boost.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Sturdy
252 hp, 252 atk, 4 sp. def
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Rapid Spin
Seed Bomb

With its great bulk, decent move coverage and sturdy, this is my go to rapid spinner/one of my favorite pokemon. The seed bomb is perfect for water types that are laying down the spikes and the ice shard for all those times you just need to go first and get a move off.

FEedback please, and make sure to find my biggest threats, i need to be prepared lol.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

Your team itself looks ok when it comes to defensive and offensive synergy, but you have some weird moves and spreads that I think could be improved. If you look closely, your team is also really unbalanced- you have 5 physicals and one special- meaning pokemon like Skarmory, Gliscor, Gyarados, or Ferrthorn will give you problems. To help with these walls, I suggest you make some changes.

Your Salamence looks unusual- Metronome isn't really a good item in standard competitive play, because Life Orb is a way better item (you have to use the same move for 7 whole turns before the total damage output from Metronome is greater than Life Orb) Another thing I'm noticing is the fact that you have two Dragon dancers in your team. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, however, being that your team already has problems with phazers and specialized walls, I think transforming Salamence into the Mixed Set would help you a lot. This set breaks through common physical walls like Skarmory or Ferrothorn- opening up sweeps for the rest of your team. Between Draco Meteor and Outrage, Salamence will always have a powerful STAB to hit with- meaning specialized walls like Blissey or Cloyster won't be able to take too many hits.

Metagross is a great pokemon for your team, and right now you're running one of it's best sets- but I think you can get even better than that. I suggest you tweak his moveset a little bit and give it a Choice Band- letting you hit extremely hard and right off the bat. Giving it Bullet Punch over Stealth Rock allows you to have super strong priority and a solid answer to Scarfed Terrakions trying to revenge kill Volcorona.

Cloyster needs a small change, too. Naive is not a good nature if you don't have a special attack- Jolly is better, because there are absolutely no drawbacks. Decreasing Cloyster's already pitiful Special Defense is never a good idea.

Seed Bomb on Donphan is also questionable- it's not going to hit anything important, and now that Metagross is Banded, using Stealth Rock is a better idea.

Overall, nice team. Hope I helped!

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
Naive nature, 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Outrage / Earthquake

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
Adamant nature, 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch / Hammer Arm / Ice Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)