Regigigas (UU Attacker)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/regigigas

Hi. I used this set a long time ago which is what led to finding that Slow Start glitch. Then my computer got a virus and all my logs / teams got deleted and UU changed a lot so I forgot about it. Over the last couple days I've been using this set and it is fun, and definitely one of the best Regigigas sets available. Need a better name. I can get logs easily too. Please note as well, the on-site Regigigas analysis is extremely old and for use in standard.

[SET]
name: UU Attacker
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Return
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Toxic / Ice Punch
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 224 HP / 84 Atk / 200 Spe

[Set Comments]

• Set up a Substitute and continue using it until you get your act together
  • Many weaker Pokemon cannot break your Subs in one hit, i.e. Registeel, Lanturn, Weezing, Spiritomb, Uxie, etc.
  • Return and Earthquake are your strongest attacks, hitting everything but Ghost-types in UU neutrally
  • Ice Punch hits Ghost-types and will OHKO Torterra / Altaria
  • Toxic is a great move early game to cripple Pokemon such as Donphan, Hitmontop, and Milotic
  • Thunder Wave is an option to slow down a faster sweeper / stall for parahax
[Additional Comments]

• The HP EVs give you a leftovers number and making it so Seismic toss cannot break your Substitute in one shot
  • The Speed is enough to beat Chansey, Registeel, Regirock, and +natured base 80s once you get your act together
  • Hitmontop / pHazers are your biggest problems - bulky Water-types counter them well, SD Absol will often lure / greatly weaken them (if not defeat)
  • Thunder Wave support is incredibly helpful, provided by Uxie, Lanturn, etc.
  • Pursuit user like Scarf Absol or Drapion is useful for Mismagius / Rotom
  • Stealth Rock and Spikes are helpful as always, helping kill Milotic among others

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Tried this out a bit. I noticed that it tends to do well against weather based teams (can Sub on Uxie and SubStall weather turns in addition to its Slow Start turns) My main issue with this set was its inability to get past certain walls, even after Slow Start wore off (Milotic was a huge problem especially). I think Toxic would be a better option in the fourth slot, as I never needed to use Ice Punch - I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Let's give it a big fat old bump. Toxic is surprisingly good. Initial switch ins to Regigigas: Donphan, Hitmontop, and Rotom all of which HATE Toxic the majority of the time. I am going to just drop Thunder Wave actually, as Toxic is just that much better. I'm only keeping Ice Punch because it seems ludicrous to me to have a potentially powerful attacker like this unable to hit Ghost-types.

Because this is ancient and a variant of it was included in the recently uploaded Regigigas Update, I am going to move this to L&O.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)